Sponsored

2019 GT350 Upgrades: Tech, Aerodynamics and Other GT500 Track Improvements

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Aaaaaanyway...The more pics/videos I see of the new rear spoiler, the more I like the track pack version better. I'm also not a fan of the R wing so take that opinion with a grain of salt, lol. I just think the track pack spoiler is much simpler/cleaner and goes better with the lines of the car. As far as the suspension upgrades go, I think it would be safe to assume that the Ford Performance springs & sways are still a step up from these since they are a step up from the R. Like most of you though, I really hope they offer the ABS, damper, TC & steering recalibration. I think that would make a difference, especially for those with the FP springs & sways.
Wait... you think the new spoiler with two pass through a and a possible gurney flap is cleaner than a R spoiler? :headbonk::crazy:
Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
I put FTBR spherical bushings in the lower control arm, upper control arm, and knuckle + solid bushings in the rear subframe mount. HUGE difference on track. Highly recommend. Add in the FP lowering springs, sway bars, and stick tires and you're going to be having a REALLY good time.

What was the difference in lap times? What tracks do you run?

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Wait... you think the new spoiler with two pass through a and a possible gurney flap is cleaner than a R spoiler? :headbonk::crazy:
LOL, no. I'm saying the Track Pack spoiler (15-18) looks better (IMO) than the new 19 spoiler. But I'm prefacing my statement by also saying that I'm not a fan of the R spoiler either, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
LOL, no. I'm saying the Track Pack spoiler (15-18) looks better (IMO) than the new 19 spoiler. But I'm prefacing my statement by also saying that I'm not a fan of the R spoiler either, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Man, I got a totally different take than that. Interesting. I’m not going to attempt to convert you into a R spoiler lover, but rather relate that no matter how good that track pack spoiler looks, or the new one, neither likely provide as much function as the R spoiler.

I’ll take function in this deal.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Man, I got a totally different take than that. Interesting. I’m not going to attempt to convert you into a R spoiler lover, but rather relate that no matter how good that track pack spoiler looks, or the new one, neither likely provide as much function as the R spoiler.

I’ll take function in this deal.
Yea, I totally get the form over function deal, and fully appreciate that the R and new 19 spoiler generate more rear downforce than the track pack spoiler. I just prefer either a big wing for function (ZL1 1LE, GT3 RS, etc.) or a simple duck tail for looks (15-18 350), not a big fan of the in between molded high spoiler look (350R, GT3, etc.). Looks is very subjective though so to each their own :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yea, these rear shots give a good indication of how much higher it is.
2017.jpg
2019.jpg

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I actually like the new spoiler.

I also think both spoiler designs are far from nonsense. You'd be amazed at what kind of impact low rising spoilers could have on a slip stream.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I really like the new spoiler. Almost looks like R, but not really. Nice change for sure.

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I really like the new spoiler. Almost looks like R, but not really. Nice change for sure.
Yup, does look killer. Ive been looking at alternative spoilers, dont want to fo the R-Wing - even though it is cool, not 100% sold on the APR GT200 drag wing.. but this one.. this might fit the bill....:D

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I’ll definitely be upgrading mine to the 2019 version. I’ll just sell my track pack spoiler to one of you measly tech pack owners...:p

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I’ll definitely be upgrading mine to the 2019 version. I’ll just sell my track pack spoiler to one of you measly tech pack owners...:p
Good luck with the scratches left on your decklid in the area where the new spoiler has pass throughs. Measly old track pack, :p

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Good luck with the scratches left on your decklid in the area where the new spoiler has pass throughs. Measly old track pack, :p
Painters tape is a man’s best friend, ole salty tech owner...;)

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Painters tape is a man’s best friend, ole salty tech owner...;)
:) I removed my tech spoiler and replaced it with a track pack spoiler being as careful as possible, using painters tape, non marring tools to remove factory adhesive, etc. and still had fine scratches on decklid. Since the track pack spoiler is bigger and covers all of the area the tech spoiler touched it wasn't a big deal, but be forewarned if you try to remove a spoiler and place a spoiler that doesn't cover all areas, such as the 19 GT350 or R spoiler.

The adhesive on the tech pack spoiler was ridiculously strong, and the edges are covered in sand/dirt that you can't wash off, it's stuck to the glue. I'm guessing that was the issue. Non of them were deep of course and could probably be buffed out easily, just trying to cause trouble, :lol:
Sponsored