Sponsored

2019 GT350 Order - Question on Color Selection

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lead Foot Raptor 2019 Silver Spruce Expedition 2019 Bullitt Mustang 2009 Jeep Wrangler
Hello, I’m new here. I currently have a 2018 Raptor and 2019 Expedition Limited. I’ve spoken with my local dealer and they have an allocation for a GT350 available that I snagged and am going to order exactly how I want it. I have to come by tomorrow to place the order and drop off the deposit. Right now I am leaning towards Magnetic with White Stripes and a black roof. I have seen very few like this. I’m still not 100% sold on the black roof, but I’ve seen it look good with the Magnetic color. Was gonna get some other opinions. I found the thread with the 2018 numbers and there were only 9 Magnetic with White Stripes so I know it’s not a super popular option, but that is part of what I like! Would love some thoughts. Gonna have a lot of reading to do on this site over the next few months while I wait!
Sponsored

f10550i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Here are a couple pictures of my magnetic 2017 before I took the stripes off. I think it looked great but wanted a more subtle look considering my driving habits...

D3AAF9BA-53F9-4C35-AA9D-245753D55F2A.jpeg
B8973D3B-FA0B-4BAB-88E1-77A921BFB65E.jpeg

OP
OP
ConstructStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lead Foot Raptor 2019 Silver Spruce Expedition 2019 Bullitt Mustang 2009 Jeep Wrangler
Thanks! I really like the combo. Was considering Race Red with white stripes but as much as I love the look and contrast of the red and black I’m worried it’s just a little too flashy for me. I generally like more subdued colors. I like Magnetic with black stripes too, but that is a much more common combo. I just can’t decide if the black roof would clash with the white stripes or not?

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
Thanks! I really like the combo. Was considering Race Red with white stripes but as much as I love the look and contrast of the red and black I’m worried it’s just a little too flashy for me. I generally like more subdued colors. I like Magnetic with black stripes too, but that is a much more common combo. I just can’t decide if the black roof would clash with the white stripes or not?
If you get black roof, you don’t get stripes on roof I believe.

I initially had the feeling of “too flashy” until I was driving on the highway and realized how muted the colour pallet is. Everyone is driving white, black, grey, and dark colours. With a car like this I wanted it to stand out from the rest. I ordered race red. No regrets.

But before anyone says anything this car looks good no matter what colour and stands out on its own. It was just my 2 cent on what made me choose my race red.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
If you get black roof, you don’t get stripes on roof I believe.

I initially had the feeling of “too flashy” until I was driving on the highway and realized how muted the colour pallet is. Everyone is driving white, black, grey, and dark colours. With a car like this I wanted it to stand out from the rest. I ordered race red. No regrets.

But before anyone says anything this car looks good no matter what colour and stands out on its own. It was just my 2 cent on what made me choose my race red.
I loved RR aka "Arrest Me Red" Great choice. Warning tho, the paint does show swirls and micro-scratches just as bad as black imo. Take paint protection measures as soon as you can. I remember the black roof on my Boss being very soft too.

Sponsored

f10550i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Anytime! It's completely subjective but I personally think the stripes with black roof looks too busy. I would choose one or the other. Magnetic with black stripes was my first choice when I was shopping for my 2017. It's a really nice combo although I decided to order my 2019 in Magnetic with no stripes considering it's a daily driver.

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I loved RR aka "Arrest Me Red" Great choice. Warning tho, the paint does show swirls and micro-scratches just as bad as black imo. Take paint protection measures as soon as you can. I remember the black roof on my Boss being very soft too.
I learned that from my previous Mustang when I took it to detail the first time. They made the car look brand new again.

As for my new 350 that’s coming, I’m having ceramic done as soon as my car arrives. The dealer says they have a SVT who only touch the SVs so they will do it in house. However, I’m new to this kind of care for a car. If you have products, YouTube, articles, or personal experiences to share I’d love to know what else I can do to keep this car as mint as I can.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I learned that from my previous Mustang when I took it to detail the first time. They made the car look brand new again.

As for my new 350 that’s coming, I’m having ceramic done as soon as my car arrives. The dealer says they have a SVT who only touch the SVs so they will do it in house. However, I’m new to this kind of care for a car. If you have products, YouTube, articles, or personal experiences to share I’d love to know what else I can do to keep this car as mint as I can.
Man I had a crap experience with the dealer “detailing” my car before delivery. I had to take it to a real professional to have it paint corrected and ceramic coated. Which I was planning to do anyway. So...I’m not in favor of the dealer touching it. Even if they hire it out it could be to the lowest bidder. Everything with my R turned out just fine once I got it to my detailer. But he did have a lot of extra work to do to shape it up. If I had to do it again, no way I’d let the dealer touch it. I’d take delivery without their detail. Then get it to a respected professional.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Same feeling here which is why I was so excited to find an Orange Fury available.

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
Man I had a crap experience with the dealer “detailing” my car before delivery. I had to take it to a real professional to have it paint corrected and ceramic coated. Which I was planning to do anyway. So...I’m not in favor of the dealer touching it. Even if they hire it out it could be to the lowest bidder. Everything with my R turned out just fine once I got it to my detailer. But he did have a lot of extra work to do to shape it up. If I had to do it again, no way I’d let the dealer touch it. I’d take delivery without their detail. Then get it to a respected professional.
Thanks for the advice. I remember reading one of your previous post about it and it resonated with me when I voiced my concern when I went to finalize my deal about having them detail the car. I’m gonna give them a try since they’ve been great so far. They especially noted in my file that only one person is allowed to detail it and it’s their best guy. They also said that if I’m not happy they told me I can voice my concerns with the owner as he’s very particular about the level of detail taken with the SVs. I will have my detail guy take a look at it after and tell me if they did a good job. Cause I also need to find out if I can leave my car there for service.

Sponsored

64Chevy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
1964 Chevy C10, 1998 BMW M3, 2008 Lotus Exige 240S, 2013 911 C4S, 2015 Wrangler Rubicon
I have Ruby Red, black stripes, and a black roof. You do not get stripes on the roof if you order the black roof. I didn't want it equipped that way (I got a left over 2018) but having lived with it now I really like it--it decreases the impact of the stripes--makes them somewhat more subtle, in my opinion. Good luck with making a decision--magnetic is a great color and I think it will look good regardless what you do with the stripes and roof.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If I was to order a black roof car I am fairly certain I would go with no stripes or black stripes at the least. Pretty certain I wouldn't utilize the combination of white stripes and black roof.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
I am kind of partial to black roof with stripes on Magnetic.

1D2C0533-9D51-4101-A296-A1D32FCB1BD8.jpeg

OP
OP
ConstructStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I've decided I'm going with the Magnetic Gray, White Stripes, Black Roof. I know many think you shouldn't do the black roof with stripes, but I think it looks good. Attached is one I found with that combo and the black roof does not look bad at all to me. It'll go good with my Lead Foot Raptor! Pic of my Raptor is pre-mods. April 1st I'm having some work done to it as well. :)
Shelby GT350 Magnetic with Stripes and Roof.jpg
32191895_10156339046419450_5053758923371184128_o.jpg

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I think I've decided I'm going with the Magnetic Gray, White Stripes, Black Roof. I know many think you shouldn't do the black roof with stripes, but I think it looks good. Attached is one I found with that combo and the black roof does not look bad at all to me. It'll go good with my Lead Foot Raptor! Pic of my Raptor is pre-mods. April 1st I'm having some work done to it as well. :)
Shelby GT350 Magnetic with Stripes and Roof.jpg
32191895_10156339046419450_5053758923371184128_o.jpg
I think that's a great combo and it will definitely look great with the Raptor that way!
Sponsored