Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Have you looked at these?
https://www.cooltechllc.com/mustang-gtgt350r/100-gt350350r-brake-deflectors.html

Also, did you call or look up the PN for the rotors?
If you looked then up, could you check the PN on the rear spoiler???

Thanks.
I'm hoping to get something that moves air directly into the interior of the rotor to maximize cooling. I've seen mixed reviews on the CoolTech, so I stayed away.

I kept harassing Chris at autonation. If you use a 2019 VIN, he can look up the parts list on it.
Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
I've never seen that picture before on pg 3 of the pile up. Looks to be three of possibly original TA series cars? Now that is carnage! WOW

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Another option is to call Kohr and see what they have. Im sure the GT4 uses something

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@honeybadger I'm surprised you're not interested in the carbon ceramic rotors or the Girodisc (spelling?).
Running costs. I did the math on the Girodisc rotors and you could go through 6 sets of OEM rotors before breaking even (assuming the Girodisc rotors last 2x as long). And the CCB are in an entirely new category. I haven't seen anyone put 30-40 hours of track on a set(s), so the longevity is a big question mark.

And given all this cost, I think it makes sense to start looking seriously at the AP racing kit. That'll most likely be where I go (so I can 18in wheels) and increase longevity.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Running costs. I did the math on the Girodisc rotors and you could go through 6 sets of OEM rotors before breaking even (assuming the Girodisc rotors last 2x as long). And the CCB are in an entirely new category. I haven't seen anyone put 30-40 hours of track on a set(s), so the longevity is a big question mark.

And given all this cost, I think it makes sense to start looking seriously at the AP racing kit. That'll most likely be where I go (so I can 18in wheels) and increase longevity.
That's what I would do if I was in your shoes.

It's so much easier to find a set of scrubs in an 18 that fit under this car than 19s.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d

On the Girodisc you only have to replace the outside rings which are a lot less expensive than the whole rotor ~$800. That's less than three sets of OEM comparing retail to retail.

I didn't have great luck with the stock (drilled) discs so I went with Girodisc for this season. We'll see how it works out.

<TED>

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
On the Girodisc you only have to replace the outside rings which are a lot less expensive than the whole rotor ~$800. That's less than three sets of OEM comparing retail to retail.

I didn't have great luck with the stock (drilled) discs so I went with Girodisc for this season. We'll see how it works out.

<TED>
Breakeven would be 6 sets still.

1100+800+800= 2700 for giros IF you get 2x life
$450x6=2700
so you only start saving money after that point is what he means., and it's only a savings of $100 a pop.

curious to hear your results though on lifespan!

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Breakeven would be 6 sets still.

1100+800+800= 2700 for giros IF you get 2x life
$450x6=2700
so you only start saving money after that point is what he means., and it's only a savings of $100 a pop.
I looked at additional sales taxes which requires maybe 6-8 sets.

The real cost of going fast on a road course is ~$200 per lap (including the tow vehicle). It nets out to me that it is $220/lap for the better brakes.

My advice is to start slow (~$100/lap) and work forward as a hobby. Most guys run out of money before they run out of talent. It's a real adrenaline high until the costs outrun the checkbook. JMO.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Hahahaha! I'll never be as fast as the money leaving is!
My first thing is warning guys about spending too much money for maybe a $5 trophy (or a $1000 prize). I'd never regret my years as a guy that raced as an amateur within my budget. It was Road Atlanta, VIR, Sebring, Mid-Ohio, Road America, and Watkins Glen.

You will race at the same tracks that famous older drivers have raced. I suspect that my most great moment is being on the podium at Watkins Glen and later getting to sign my name on the old bar with former (real) champions.
GlenWin.jpg

You will remember the journey longer than you may think.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I don't ever intend to w2w race, but I do plan to drive a lot of fun tracks over the years!

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I don't ever intend to w2w race, but I do plan to drive a lot of fun tracks over the years!
This is a great plan.

My tech is old when prices were lower. They price is much higher today.
Sponsored