honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Got word back. Apparently still too new and no build sheet yet. Does anyone else have a 2019 VIN in production/awaiting shipment?

earlSpilner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base (arriving Dec 2015)
Maybe I have been lucky. Several track days and on my second set of pads and my stock rotors are still good. Regardless of this discussion I love the look of the drilled ones.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Ha!

@Tank I've been harassing the poor guys at ANWBL this morning as well .

Can someone DM me their VIN to send them? I've seen a few guys get VINs on here I think.
Funny!!
He mentioned he just got off the phone with someone on the same exact question!!

I was encouraged on the pricing for the PP rotors. If comparable, wouldn’t be too big of a hit.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
No disadvantage to slots. Drilled tend to crack under heavy use. With the design of todays rotors, no need for either. I still prefer slots but, that's just old prejudice.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...Drilled tend to crack under heavy use...I still prefer slots but, that's just old prejudice.
Agreed. It seems that the rotors are getting way too hot. I'd recommend cooling ducts to a bracket so it dumps fresh air directly on the rotor.

A cracked rotor can lead to complete brake failure which can be a bad situation. At Road Atlanta for instance, the car will reach 140+ Mph and brake down to 20 Mph at T-10a. The car will again do around 140 Mph and go down to 40 Mph going into T-1.

There are several other braking zones which will happen every 100 seconds (lap time is at least 1:40).

On the first page, my old Mustang had 3" X 2" front ducts feeding into a 3" flexible tubing in front of the rotors. I bought the kit from Cobra Automotive in CT.

I'd say to try to take two cool down laps before coming back to the paddock. Also, do not engage the parking brake on the rear rotors until they cool to normal temps (park it in gear).

I have a Pyrometer for getting brake temps. It will first tell you if the brakes are too hot, and it will also tell you that all four corners are working efficiently. I'd also check tire temps after each run to be sure your tire patch is working efficiently (go three reading across each surface).

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Funny!!
He mentioned he just got off the phone with someone on the same exact question!!

I was encouraged on the pricing for the PP rotors. If comparable, wouldn’t be too big of a hit.
Lol I feel bad that I messaged them last night on another forum.

So they probably got 5 people asking within 12 hours lol.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Big brakes, big cooling ducts and good pads
GingermanRC.jpg

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The holes pack solid with brake dust after two 15 minute sessions on my '16. And the car is at the dealer with another set of warped rotors.
Cooling ducts

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Big brakes, big cooling ducts and good pads
GingermanRC.jpg
Great car. That is Gingerman?

TimS.jpg

I see the front cooling ducts and some extra negative camber in the front. You also have a roll bar cage (SCCA specs?)? I am guessing a full fire-suit and a Hans? You also dropped the car a bit lower? You have the SCCA required front tow hook. Any other pictures that you will share?

Awesome car!

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Great car. That is Gingerman?

TimS.jpg

I see the front cooling ducts and some extra negative camber in the front. You also have a roll bar cage (SCCA specs?)? I am guessing a full fire-suit and a Hans? You also dropped the car a bit lower? You have the SCCA required front tow hook. Any other pictures that you will share?

Awesome car!
Thank you. I just sold the car. It was a FR500C minus the motor. I raced it in NASA but for the most part, tracked and did exhibition races. It was also SCCA legal but, while I acquired my permit, I never actually made it to an event. Time and money :). First Pic Gingerman, second was Hallett when I first got the car, third was Road America prior to the rear wing. Will have to decide, do I run the R on track from now on or do I build another
Hallett.jpg
Race car RA.jpg

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
..I just sold the car. It was a FR500C minus the motor. I raced it in NASA but for the most part, tracked and did exhibition races.
Tim,
Those are great pictures. Here is my favorite. A++
TimSa.jpg

I raced at Gingerman once when it opened. I raced at Road America back when they called it the BRIC (Brain Redman Intl Challenge). I qualified back in the field (thankfully) during the famous green flag that destroyed $2M+ in cars:

[
vracing.jpg

[
vracing2.jpg

They cancelled the race and sent all of the wrecked cars over to lot so they could figure out the cause of the wreck.

It was 2010 when I got back to Road America and was qualified next to an European Champion.
RAm2010p.jpg

My car in the pits:
RAm2010a.jpg

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I was hoping that Ford would go with something like these. I really dig the look. :)
upload_2019-2-28_9-40-40.jpeg
I was hoping for these:

(J/k it's a carbon fiber brake & spindle for a Dallara DW12 - TK's (actualy KV Racing's) #11 Indycar at Indy in the garage).

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Tim,
Those are great pictures. Here is my favorite. A++
TimSa.jpg

I raced at Gingerman once when it opened. I raced at Road America back when they called it the BRIC (Brain Redman Intl Challenge). I qualified back in the field (thankfully) during the famous green flag that destroyed $2M+ in cars:

[
vracing.jpg

[
vracing2.jpg

They cancelled the race and sent all of the wrecked cars over to lot so they could figure out the cause of the wreck.

It was 2010 when I got back to Road America and was qualified next to an European Champion.
RAm2010p.jpg

My car in the pits:
RAm2010a.jpg
Great picture. That was a bad year there. Love the vintage cars and something I may want to do. Assuming they have big brakes with no holes :)
Love the Mustang BTW
Sponsored