Sponsored

2019 GT350 Engine Failure @ 2170 miles

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
take delivery but dont sign anything related to a release. Oh and get confirmation in writing (in a nice way) that the timing chain issue was addressed. Say look there could be lemon law based on the time you have not had the car and the new repair has a chance of failing.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Sounds like the dealer is square with Ford on the repair. I'd go get the car.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Oh and get confirmation in writing (in a nice way) that the timing chain issue was addressed.
Secondary Cam Chain Tensioner is not an issue for GT350 before 2020MY. He's early 2019.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Hey guys, finally picked up my car from the dealership last week. Dropped of the toaster on wheels and they had my Shelby waiting there for me!

Got the paperwork and started heading off to a car wash when I realized that the AC wasn't working. Took the car back to the dealership, and they took it back into the shop to take a look at it. They fixed it in 10 minutes and brought the car back out. Apparently the tech didn't push the AC hose all the way in.

Anyways, I have been driving around in it for the last week and it looks like they did a really good job. Car drives like a dream, just like it did when it was new.

Just 2 issues with it. First, there are a few scratches on the seat bolster. I saw that right away while picking up the car, and pointed it out to the SA. They asked me to take the car, check everything out, bring it back and they would take care of it it then. Second, there seems to be a smudge or a water spot under the VIN window in the windshield. Absolutely no clue how it got there, but I discovered it after I got the car home. It's eating away at my OCD!!! Gotta speak to the dealer about it.
1621019054163.png

However, apart from these minor niggles, it looks like a job really well done. I'm really happy with the way the dealer treated the whole situation.

With Ford's Customer Service, however, it's turning out to be a different story. The CSR hadn’t responded to me since almost 2 weeks. No responses to emails or voicemails.

She finally calls me today to tell me she still hasn't processed the monthly payments and she will "work on it" next week. It's been 3 weeks since this is going on. I had made 3 car payments since the car was in the shop (for almost 2 and a half months), but she said they could only reimburse me for 2.

Also, she told me that she had already put an extended 7 year/100k mile warranty on the car. When I requested for an 8 year warranty, she flat out refused and said that there was no way they could do that. When I requested for an escalation, she asked me to send a physical letter to the Ford Dearborn, MI office. When I mentioned that this was the reason I didn't pursue the buyback, she didn't seem to care one bit, and just asked if I wanted a buyback case to be opened.

Needless to say, I am less than impressed with the way they handled my entire situation. From my previous experience, escalating to the supervisor didn't help much either, so I am at a loss for what to do next. Either ways, I'll keep y'all posted.

Thanks so much for the support and advice, all of you. Here are a couple of pics of my car on the day I picked it up.
1621019591057.png

1621019761187.png

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Great news Pat, so glad you're back in your Shelby. I'm sure the dealer will take care of the bolster and windshield issues. Now about Ford.

he finally calls me today to tell me she still hasn't processed the monthly payments and she will "work on it" next week. It's been 3 weeks since this is going on. I had made 3 car payments since the car was in the shop (for almost 2 and a half months), but she said they could only reimburse me for 2.
Bullshit. Keep calling. Keeping trying to escalate. I just did this with T-Mobile. After numerous failed attempt with customer service I e-mailed the VP of customer service. Had to ask twice but finally got a call back. Boom, issue resolved.

Also, she told me that she had already put an extended 7 year/100k mile warranty on the car. When I requested for an 8 year warranty, she flat out refused and said that there was no way they could do that. When I requested for an escalation, she asked me to send a physical letter to the Ford Dearborn, MI office. When I mentioned that this was the reason I didn't pursue the buyback, she didn't seem to care one bit, and just asked if I wanted a buyback case to be opened.
Tell them sure, start the buyback. Let them do the work. And when they ask you why tell that you were originally told that you were getting the 8/100K. What are they going to do, call you a liar? Give them a choice, 8/100K (and three payments) or buyback. And keep pushing. You are entitled to everything you are asking for. Good Luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Great news Pat, so glad you're back in your Shelby. I'm sure the dealer will take care of the bolster and windshield issues. Now about Ford.

Bullshit. Keep calling. Keeping trying to escalate. I just did this with T-Mobile. After numerous failed attempt with customer service I e-mailed the VP of customer service. Had to ask twice but finally got a call back. Boom, issue resolved.

Tell them sure, start the buyback. Let them do the work. And when they ask you why tell that you were originally told that you were getting the 8/100K. What are they going to do, call you a liar? Give them a choice, 8/100K (and three payments) or buyback. And keep pushing. You are entitled to everything you are asking for. Good Luck!
Thanks for the response, Ira. I will go back and push harder for the 8y warranty. That is really important to me.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
qq: I just noticed that the strut top bolt covers on my car are broken, and the bolts themselves are rusted. No idea how this could happen, but does this look normal? Any risk of this rust spreading or causing structural issues?
Pics below:
1621276681353.png

1621276723600.png

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Although the plastic caps shouldn't be mangled, I'd cap the shock tower and call it a day. That's the end of the strut, no big deal.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I wonder why someone would do that! I haven't even touched that area till now.
You haven't had springs changed ? One reason would be someone trying to tighten the strut nut and holt the shaft sticking through it (that otherwise rotates with then makes tightening impossible).

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
You haven't had springs changed ? One reason would be someone trying to tighten the strut nut and holt the shaft sticking through it (that otherwise rotates with then makes tightening impossible).
No! I haven't had anything changed at all!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red