PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Quick update for y'all!

I spoke to the supervisor early last week and he said they will work on getting me an extended warranty and reimbursing me for the monthly payments. I sent over my payment statements over to the CSR. She was going to submit the request in her system last week and have the money wired to me, but could not as I am not a US citizen. Apparently they cannot wire money directly to anyone who is not an American citizen. She now has to wire the money to the dealership, and told me that the dealership would cut me a check for the requested amount (works for me!). She is supposed to work on that this week and get back to me tomorrow.

About the extended warranty, she said she was not sure if she could provide that, and would look into it once the monthly payment reimbursement was processed. I am standing firm in asking for an 8 year/ 100k mile powertrain warranty. I'll let you know how that goes.

In the meantime, I am a little concerned with the car sitting in the dealer lot. It's raining all week, and the car is sitting there in the rain, really dirty. There was a storm a couple of weeks ago too and the car sat outside through that as well. I requested the dealer to put it inside but apparently they don't have room.

Do you think there might be any damage caused due to sitting outside, being exposed to the elements?
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Quick update for y'all!

I spoke to the supervisor early last week and he said they will work on getting me an extended warranty and reimbursing me for the monthly payments. I sent over my payment statements over to the CSR. She was going to submit the request in her system last week and have the money wired to me, but could not as I am not a US citizen. Apparently they cannot wire money directly to anyone who is not an American citizen. She now has to wire the money to the dealership, and told me that the dealership would cut me a check for the requested amount (works for me!). She is supposed to work on that this week and get back to me tomorrow.

About the extended warranty, she said she was not sure if she could provide that, and would look into it once the monthly payment reimbursement was processed. I am standing firm in asking for an 8 year/ 100k mile powertrain warranty. I'll let you know how that goes.

In the meantime, I am a little concerned with the car sitting in the dealer lot. It's raining all week, and the car is sitting there in the rain, really dirty. There was a storm a couple of weeks ago too and the car sat outside through that as well. I requested the dealer to put it inside but apparently they don't have room.

Do you think there might be any damage caused due to sitting outside, being exposed to the elements?
Well they do sit outside in Flatrock before they are picked up OR when, as happened in 2019 they were waiting for steering wheels for weeks & then stripes...and MI weather isn't exactly only sunny. Certainly don't have them cover it if its dirty.

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
Quick update for y'all!

Idiots. Yes she could have wired the funds to your bank based in the US. They're ignorant or lazy. Wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Quick update for y'all!

Modern cars with modern paint are made to spend all day every day outside in the elements (even if we treat them like they’re delicate.). It’ll be fine.
Goodluck!!

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Idiots. Yes she could have wired the funds to your bank based in the US. They're ignorant or lazy. Wanted to throw my 2 cents in.
I told them that. I've been a US resident for the better part of a decade now and all my accounts are in the US.

But they said it's their policy and they can't go around it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Modern cars with modern paint are made to spend all day every day outside in the elements (even if we treat them like they’re delicate.). It’ll be fine.
Goodluck!!
Gotcha! :D

I always treated mine like a baby, but maybe it's just me being paranoid!

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Well they do sit outside in Flatrock before they are picked up OR when, as happened in 2019 they were waiting for steering wheels for weeks & then stripes...and MI weather isn't exactly only sunny. Certainly don't have them cover it if its dirty.
Makes sense. Ford has to build their cars to withstand the elements, at least to some degree. Not everyone babies their cars like we do.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; For the most part not much chance of damage. Some will depend on if there has been hail in the area. That would be the bigger worry.
It all depends on how long it may sit. You might do the oil prime procedure mentioned in other threads if you are allowed to be the one who starts it. I agree that no cover be put on if it is dirty.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Hello; For the most part not much chance of damage. Some will depend on if there has been hail in the area. That would be the bigger worry.
It all depends on how long it may sit. You might do the oil prime procedure mentioned in other threads if you are allowed to be the one who starts it. I agree that no cover be put on if it is dirty.
That makes sense. I do not think there was any hail during the last storm so it *should* be okay.

Good suggestion on the oil prime procedure. I will insist on being the one who starts the engine to ensure that I prime the engine before starting it.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
That makes sense. I do not think there was any hail during the last storm so it *should* be okay.

Good suggestion on the oil prime procedure. I will insist on being the one who starts the engine to ensure that I prime the engine before starting it.
Hello; I can see them maybe giving the car a wash before you pick it up. They might be thinking this will be a good customer relation move to give you a clean car. I can see they have to wash a lot of cars and may be able to do it right. Not sure what I would do about that. It would take away the chance to do the oil prime.

Back to sitting a while. I read that some park their car for the winter a few months. I would not be doing that myself. I am lucky to have sunny days often enough in the winter. I like to drive a vehicle at least once a week for enough miles. Might be a problem in some climes.

Hey, I am pleased you will be getting the car back. I do not know if you are following the cam chain tensioner thread on here. Might be a thing to check before you try to start the car.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Hi Pat, I've been following this thread and feel terrible for what you have gone through. It does look like you'll have the car back soon and your nightmare will finally be over. Two things. An extended warranty is nothing more than an insurance policy, a piece of paper. It costs Ford nothing if it is not needed. So 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, it really doesn't matter. The odds are the people you are dealing with now will not even be around when and if you need it. Long story short, except nothing less than the max. You deserve it. As far as the car wash.......NO! Any damage done will be when they remove the dirt. Just tell them to leave it alone. If they want let them pay to have your car properly detailed. Good Luck!!

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Hello; I can see them maybe giving the car a wash before you pick it up. They might be thinking this will be a good customer relation move to give you a clean car. I can see they have to wash a lot of cars and may be able to do it right. Not sure what I would do about that. It would take away the chance to do the oil prime.

Back to sitting a while. I read that some park their car for the winter a few months. I would not be doing that myself. I am lucky to have sunny days often enough in the winter. I like to drive a vehicle at least once a week for enough miles. Might be a problem in some climes.

Hey, I am pleased you will be getting the car back. I do not know if you are following the cam chain tensioner thread on here. Might be a thing to check before you try to start the car.
Hey Jeff - I see you're in Tennessee! LMK If you're dropping by Cars and Coffee or something in Nashville :)

About the carwash, I already told the Service Advisor not to wash it. There is also PPF on the entire car, like literally every painted surface, so it should be okay.

I am also following the timing chain tensioner thread. I will be sure to check that out before moving the car. Thank you ! :)

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Hi Pat, I've been following this thread and feel terrible for what you have gone through. It does look like you'll have the car back soon and your nightmare will finally be over. Two things. An extended warranty is nothing more than an insurance policy, a piece of paper. It costs Ford nothing if it is not needed. So 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, it really doesn't matter. The odds are the people you are dealing with now will not even be around when and if you need it. Long story short, except nothing less than the max. You deserve it. As far as the car wash.......NO! Any damage done will be when they remove the dirt. Just tell them to leave it alone. If they want let them pay to have your car properly detailed. Good Luck!!
Agreed! I have asked them time and time again to not wash the car, and to give it to me as-is. Hopefully they listen.

As for the extended warranty, you are correct. I will stand firm in asking for an 8 year 100+k mile.

Hopefully everything turns out fine!

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Hey Jeff - I see you're in Tennessee! LMK If you're dropping by Cars and Coffee or something in Nashville :)

About the carwash, I already told the Service Advisor not to wash it. There is also PPF on the entire car, like literally every painted surface, so it should be okay.

I am also following the timing chain tensioner thread. I will be sure to check that out before moving the car. Thank you ! :)
I'm planning to attend the first June C&C in Cool Springs, FYI.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Update: The dealership called last week, asking for their loaner car. Apparently they can't let me keep it anymore as the repair is done. I told them that the delay is from Ford and not me, and they agreed.

The SA again called today asking me to bring my car back. He told me that it wouldn't make any difference if I picked up the car or not, and Ford has already paid them for the work and cleared the bill. To them, it does not make any difference if I pick up the car or leave it there.

As of right now, the car is just sitting there and collecting dust. I also saw a couple of other forum members taking delivery of the car and then figuring out compensation with Ford.

Considering all that (and the fact that I REALLY miss driving the car), I am thinking of picking up the car from the dealership. I am not sure how much longer Ford is going to take to figure out the payments and warranty. Any thoughts and opinions folks? I know most of you mentioned that it would be wiser to have something in writing first, but I didn't expect Ford to take this long to deliver on that.
Sponsored