04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Hi All,

Ive owned my mustang about 3 weeks now. I love it, but she needs more power. Especially low end torque. I currently have a GTI that makes 350 Wheel torque at 2500 RPM and I dont like having to rev the stang out to get it to move.

I have narrowed my search down to the Roush kit, and the Edelbrock kit. It looks like they use a similar SC a 2650. From what ive read Edelbrock has a better cooling solution, and already has a phase 2 out. Roush on the other hand is tight with ford, and I have no concerns about blowing my engine. I also understand roush has a new heat exchanger setup. I should note, i am will do do the phase 2 edelbrock kit if that gets me where i want to be.

I have 2 main questions:

1. ETs. I want a car that does more than 130 in the trap and at least low 11s. Preferably a 10.99. Can either kit do that? I have seen ETs all over the place. I would run full drag slicks (with whatever mods would be needed to do that)

2. Torque curves. Roush seems to show 500 Ftlbs of torque right around 3k. Eddlebrock seems to start making torque much higher in the RPM range Is there really that big of a difference, and if so, would the edelbrock still give me nice rains sub 3500 Rpm. Ideally id like to be able to break my stock tires loose without any shifting being involved. I cant do it now without dumping the clutch.

I apologize if this information is already on here. I have been searching for a while but keep getting conflicting answers.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The only reason why I would buy Roush is if I actually had a Roush Ford dealer near me with all other things being equal like price. Which is why I bought Roush along with the fact I already own a roush and going all roush doesn’t hurt my all roush name when reselling. But if I had a GT it would be Edlebrock all day long. don’t get me wrong Roush has fixed some things and they have great service but their supercharger design limits where you can take it if you’re concerned with ETs. That being said 10.8 ets (hellcat time) is achievable with an 18 A10 with the right setup and still maintaining your warranty. Low 10’s with an aftermarket and voiding roush’s warranty is achievable, even a guy on her with 9’s on a newer roush setup.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
The only reason why I would buy Roush is if I actually had a Roush Ford dealer near me with all other things being equal like price. Which is why I bought Roush along with the fact I already own a roush and going all roush doesn’t hurt my all roush name when reselling. But if I had a GT it would be Edlebrock all day long. don’t get me wrong Roush has fixed some things and they have great service but their supercharger design limits where you can take it if you’re concerned with ETs. That being said 10.8 ets (hellcat time) is achievable with an 18 A10 with the right setup and still maintaining your warranty. Low 10’s with an aftermarket and voiding roush’s warranty is achievable, even a guy on her with 9’s on a newer roush setup.
My father is an ASE master tech. Roush already confirmed he can install the kit at his house and maintain the warranty. for comparison sake, i will assume edelbrock is the same. With the out of the box stage 2 EB SC, would i reasonably expect high 10s on slicks?

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
The Roush kit needs a lot of improvements to come anywhere near the Edelbrock. the Edelbrock complete kit also comes with a 3 year/ 36k mile warranty.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My father is an ASE master tech. Roush already confirmed he can install the kit at his house and maintain the warranty. for comparison sake, i will assume edelbrock is the same. With the out of the box stage 2 EB SC, would i reasonably expect high 10s on slicks?
Yes of course the warranty is good. Ask the Edlebrock guy in dm above but they have videos with stage 2 and e85 in the mid 9’s. Ceiling is higher. I love mine and it’s fast as shit but I don’t take it to the strip for repeated runs.

Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
ive been 9.81s with my Stick Edelbrock. yes 11.5 Psi and E-85. As long as you are a good driver and the track prep is on point. 10s isn't far fetched.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
IF you buy the edelbrock kit and it's installed by a ASE certified mechanic then you get their powertrain warranty as well. Also Roush's warranty has a dollar limit, so a blown engine will still cost you money out of pocket. Someone posted a video about it not long ago, his engine blew and Roush only covered 10k, he had to pay the rest.

And a better h/e wont fix the intercooler problems the roush has, their Intercooler brick in the manifold is just too damn small to support the blower.

Mustang Mods

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mustangmodsstore.com
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Why does every stock Roush dyno produce peak power at 6300? Heat is the number one reason but there is more to it....If you log it the throttle is limited to help cut power because of the heat.

Edelbrock is a much better option in this case.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Why does every stock Roush dyno produce peak power at 6300? Heat is the number one reason but there is more to it....If you log it the throttle is limited to help cut power because of the heat.

Edelbrock is a much better option in this case.
Mine definitely does not produce peek power at 6300, its 7200 for mine. New Roush kit, new HE, low temp radiator etc.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Torque monster = Edelbrock!
Better cooling, longer ports, bigger snout, more options to expand later if you decide to go that way.
I can’t comment on the Edelbrock tune but my “not yet complete” aftermarket tune is hilarious tyre shredding fun with the MT82. Instant power wherever you want it, regardless of gear selection.

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Mine definitely does not produce peek power at 6300, its 7200 for mine. New Roush kit, new HE, low temp radiator etc.
Did you dyno it already to make sure? Its not something you feel when driving. Most of the dyne's for them are coming back bad bc of how the roush tune is set up.

Most of them look like this.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I got it dyno'd just last week at a local shop here. Dont forgot, the new tune is alot better than the old tune, so not sure if alot of the results around are from the old tune. And Roush just released a new one a few days ago.

Toydoctor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Yeah, I got it dyno'd just last week at a local shop here. Dont forgot, the new tune is alot better than the old tune, so not sure if alot of the results around are from the old tune. And Roush just released a new one a few days ago.

I quite happy for you that you have achieved such good results from your setup. The problem is that I wish you would back it up with data and how you are doing it. There is so much mis information that is posted on forums and this can be a real dis service to the community.

I went on tickford’s Website trying to find where they offer a pulley, injector and fuel rail upgrade for the 2018+ kit. Didn’t find anything. Is this a Australia only thing?
One would this would be a phase 2 upgrade which to my knowledge doesn’t exist for the roush 2018+ kit yet. If you actually have something other than what originally came in the kit then roush would have had a different calibration. Especially with different sized injectors.

I haven’t seen anyone achieving much more than 680 whp with out a tune or mods on a roush kit. I “cheated” on mine by chilling the Intercooler coolant and made 695 to 700 whp. I’m still having heat soak problems on the racetrack though. My 1/4 mile mph does not reflect the power I’m making. Even with the new H/E that roush has it’s impossible for it to be 100% efficient so the coolant will always be above ambient temp especially when the engine is placed under high load.

Please talk about what tickford is doing. If roush supports the mods then I would imagine the warranty would be supported.
I would like to do the mods myself if they are available in the USA.

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
Does anyone know what Roush changed on the new tune just released?

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
I talked to Edelbrock yesterday and was told that unless it is installed in a shop, that the warranty isnt valid. I dont think roush caught on to this. I will clarify with them.
I plan to install it with my father regardless, because id rather spend the 2k install cost on something else.

With that said, should i now be looking at whiplple or one of the Centrifugal super chargers?
Sponsored