2019 GT Cranks but won't start

Serp305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Just did cat-delete today drove back home the car was working right no CEL code since I installed an entender for the o2, Then suddenly the car shutdown and wouldn't start, it kept cranking and cranking but it won't start, ECU didn't show any codes that my ngauge would pick up, I don't know whats going on, I'm tuned on E85 Lund, any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I know you said your Nguage isn't showing codes, but try this method and see if you find any stored codes:

To extract any stored codes, follow the directions in either link depending on which dash cluster you have in your S550.

If you have a 2015-2020 with the ANALOG gauge cluster, you should be able to enter the “Engineer Test Mode".
Follow this link:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/engineering-test-mode.27581/

If you you have a 2018+ with the DIGITAL cluster, you should be able to access the same test mode found here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-18-digital-dash-old-way-doesnt-work.115231/

OP
OP

Serp305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I know you said your Nguage isn't showing codes, but try this method and see if you find any stored codes:

To extract any stored codes, follow the directions in either link depending on which dash cluster you have in your S550.

If you have a 2015-2020 with the ANALOG gauge cluster, you should be able to enter the “Engineer Test Mode".
Follow this link:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/engineering-test-mode.27581/

If you you have a 2018+ with the DIGITAL cluster, you should be able to access the same test mode found here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-18-digital-dash-old-way-doesnt-work.115231/
Thanks for your help, I checked for codes today on the ngauge and a P00C6 came out which has to do with fuel rail pressure too low, I'm not sure if the fuel pump died or a sensor, all these problems started happening after I got cat-deleted, I also contacted Lund and my tuner Dakota said it's not tune relate and I don't need a revision. Also on the cluster it's showing advancetrackserv message, that wasn't showing when I got stranded, it started showing that after my car got towed to my parking spot I'm not sure if something got messed up while being towed

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Try a crank relearn with your nGauge. It’s worth a shot to see if it’ll get you out of that predicament.

OP
OP

Serp305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Try a crank relearn with your nGauge. It’s worth a shot to see if it’ll get you out of that predicament.

On the ngauge says to do crank relearning the engine needs to be running and mine won't start, can you still do it without engine running?

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes, it does at some point. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 30 min. and then attempt to start it? also, if your fuel pressure is low, check to make sure the feed line is pushed all the way onto the fuel rail. There should be a clip on it too.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Just did cat-delete today drove back home the car was working right no CEL code since I installed an extender for the o2, Then suddenly the car shutdown and wouldn't start, it kept cranking and cranking but it won't start, ECU didn't show any codes that my ngauge would pick up, I don't know whats going on, I'm tuned on E85 Lund, any help would be much appreciated.
Sounds like a fuel delivery issue to me. I'll ask an obvious question, as I've seen so many people have their car towed to my (Former) shop stating the car won't start. Did you run it out of fuel? If not, check your fuses first. After that, pull up the rear seat and have someone press the start button, meanwhile get in the back seat and listen for the pump to energize.

OP
OP

Serp305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yes, it does at some point. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 30 min. and then attempt to start it? also, if your fuel pressure is low, check to make sure the feed line is pushed all the way onto the fuel rail. There should be a clip on it too.
Yeah the car was all night without battery while in the meantime I fully charged the battery, I checked the fuel lines and everything look solid, the car sometimes starts for millisecond and dies but most of the times just keeps cranking when I try to start it

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Just did cat-delete today drove back home the car was working right no CEL code since I installed an entender for the o2, Then suddenly the car shutdown and wouldn't start, it kept cranking and cranking but it won't start, ECU didn't show any codes that my ngauge would pick up, I don't know whats going on, I'm tuned on E85 Lund, any help would be much appreciated.
What exactly do you mean by cat delete? Long tubes or cut the cats out?

OP
OP

Serp305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Sounds like a fuel delivery issue to me. I'll ask an obvious question, as I've seen so many people have their car towed to my (Former) shop stating the car won't start. Did you run it out of fuel? If not, check your fuses first. After that, pull up the rear seat and have someone press the start button, meanwhile get in the back seat and listen for the pump to energize.
Yeah the car has half a tank of E85, when the car starts for a millisecond I can smell E85 from the exhaust, last night I checked all the important fuses with a multimeter all passed, I swapped few relays around and the problem still persist, I need to check the fuel pump with someone already got the backseat out.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Yeah basically cut the cats out
Ok. I wondering if something maybe came in to contact with the header(s) and possibly melted depending on what go moved around and is causing the issue.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Yeah the car has half a tank of E85, when the car starts for a millisecond I can smell E85 from the exhaust, last night I checked all the important fuses with a multimeter all passed, I swapped few relays around and the problem still persist, I need to check the fuel pump with someone already got the backseat out.
Once you have someone who can crank the engine for you (press the start button), if you do not hear the pump spinning, remove the rubber seal above the fuel pump, and then tap on the fuel pump hat with a rubber mallet or the handle of a screwdriver while your helper is cranking the motor. Be careful not to hit the electrical connector, or fuel line connector

OP
OP

Serp305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
@Serp305 still not starting?
Still nothing bro but I'm suspecting it's the fuel pump, I tried listening for any noise while my wife hits the start but I couldn't hear anything, I noticed there's 2 fuel pumps under the backseat, Any idea which one is the primary?

Sponsored