Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Tune

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
exhaust tone is created by the exhaust, not a tune....
Sponsored

VroomVroom5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
exhaust tone is created by the exhaust, not a tune....
Yes. I am aware. However, it’s been tossed around before that a custom tune has been known to loose that tone, I haven’t heard any other info, therefore I was putting two and two together unless there’s not a chance that’s possible.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Yes. I am aware. However, it’s been tossed around before that a custom tune has been known to loose that tone, I haven’t heard any other info, therefore I was putting two and two together unless there’s not a chance that’s possible.
It’s not possible, the muffler is a physical mechanical component

The only way to change the sound is by say like active exhaust where you have a valve that opens or closes mechanically

Now, if you could change that with the tune, then in theory, the answer would be yes, but you’re still just adjusting. What’s there on the switch

VroomVroom5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It’s not possible, the muffler is a physical mechanical component

The only way to change the sound is by say like active exhaust where you have a valve that opens or closes mechanically

Now, if you could change that with the tune, then in theory, the answer would be yes, but you’re still just adjusting. What’s there on the switch
Welp I guess that squashes that. A while back I some Bullitt owners reported the nGauge kinda watered down the exhaust sound and wouldn’t switch back to normal, even after resorting the default tune. I didn’t see how that’s possible, I was thinking modern tuning was getting super advanced. Something else was probably up.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
its in their head

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I respectively disagree with beefcake.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed the car sounds slightly different on different days and sometimes even at different times of the same day. Probably something to do with temperature, humidity, barometer, who knows but if you've got a sensitive ear to things like that as I do, you'll notice it. If it was just up to the exhaust system, the car would ALWAYS sound the same.

A month or so back I filled up and the car ran & sounded the best it ever has on that one tank. I filled up again a month or so later (it's not a daily driver) and that feeling & sound was gone.

In other words, it's not only the exhaust system that affects the sound profile. What happens in the combustion chamber IMO certainly has an effect ... I'm guessing it's the timing part of the tune while with the others I mentioned it could be environmental factors &/or gas make-up.

I'm 1 of those that got a tune back in 2020 and removed it as it did indeed alter the sound profile. Having said that, I decided to see if anything has changed and just loaded a new tune last night but have not driven the car yet.

From what I understand, the exhaust systems are identical except for the tip colors so why does the Bullitt sound different than a GT?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I believe that tuners can also write a burble tune with as little or as much popping/burbling as the customers want. I’m not sure if this is what some are wanting to create with their new tunes, but it is an option and does affect sound.

Here’s a Bullitt with a Steeda tune by Tuning by James. It still sounds the same as what I remember when my Bullitt was all factory for all of a few days.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you can add some decel stuff for backfire and popping, but that won't change the general sound under accelleration.....

i can see it now... can i get a wide open throttle exhaust tune to change how my exhaust sounds...... i read it on the internet

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
you can add some decel stuff for backfire and popping, but that won't change the general sound under accelleration.....

i can see it now... can i get a wide open throttle exhaust tune to change how my exhaust sounds...... i read it on the internet
Haha! Give me one of those tunes that will make it “do what it do!” On a serious note, aside from the aforementioned burble tune, only X or H pipe will change the sound, but not the tune.

For those who want to stay with the factory sound, just add a tune only and no exhaust mods, but IMO, it wouldn’t be getting maximum benefit from the tune. In the case of a 2018+ GT or a Bullitt, a Flex and an E85 tune would yield the best power results if a person had no intention of ever adding intake and exhaust mods down the road.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'm personally referring to day-to-day part throttle exhaust sound ... WOT it's just all loud.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Pump gas will sound more aggressive than e85. Cold starts will sound more aggressive on colder days but most of this applies to idling. Once your moving I've never noticed much of a difference.
Sponsored