Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
It is the first time that the hood vents being positioned where they are makes sense to me.
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Talked with the marketing guys again today and confirmed the Electronics pack wont have the autonomous braking or adaptive cruise, just the BLIS and rear cross traffic detection. Basically, they packaged this car perfectly in my eyes. Also got to talk with the owner of the original 68 car, which was super cool.
Nice one Matt, that's good info. Those two thing being absent might tie into the all mesh lower grille.

If you happen to have another chance could you ask if they plan on building them for the export markets as well?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
........got to talk with the owner of the original 68 car, which was super cool.
You dirty, rotten, sunofabitchin' rat bastard!!!!:D I am green with envy.

So? Tell us all about what you two talked about.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So realistically, you all waited for an EcoBoost stuffed with GT parts and some ā€œBullittā€ specific colors and badges... LOL...

EcoBoost shell (no holes in exterior body for fender badges)
EcoBoost front grille honeycomb w/o Pony
EcoBoost (or GT) Performance Pack knurled dash trim
Premium package interior trim (with no real difference as to what can be had on any other model)
ā€œPony Packageā€ stainless exterior window trim

The rear deck/trunk lid trim should have been left w/o the gaudy ā€œBullittā€ faux gas cap badge.

The steering wheel ā€œBullittā€ horn button is so tacky and ugly.

No special splash screen for the SYNC display??? Really? Hell, I would have thought they would have at least used an iconic image still from the original movie!! Now THATā€™s an idea huh Ford?

Rim surface finish shouid have been a matte finish with more gray to match the original Bullitt motif.

This ā€œSpecial Editionā€ will end up like those before it and like the 50yr Ann. Edition - you can get them thousands cheaper after the first 6mos-1yr (and surely after a depreciation hit absorbed by first buyer).

If you were talking buying a new S550 (excluding Shelbys), it would be more bang for the buck buying a 2018 GT PP2 over a Bullitt.

Collectibility? The only ones that will be worth any $ years down the road will be the first few low numbers, those auctioned for charity visibility and any prototypes that make it past the crusher. The rest are just another Bullitt, just as the (2) Bullitts before the S550 Bullitt.

Donā€™t mean to spoil the festivities, just sayin..... :)

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
So realistically, you all waited for an EcoBoost stuffed with GT parts and some ā€œBullittā€ specific colors and badges... LOL...

Premium package interior trim (with no real difference as to what can be had on any other model)

The rear deck/trunk lid trim should have been left w/o the gaudy ā€œBullittā€ faux gas cap badge.

The steering wheel ā€œBullittā€ horn button is so tacky and ugly.

No special splash screen for the SYNC display??? Really? Hell, I would have thought they would have at least used an iconic image still from the original movie!! Now THATā€™s an idea huh Ford?

Rim surface finish shouid have been a matte finish with more gray to match the original Bullitt motif.

This ā€œSpecial Editionā€ will end up like those before it and like the 50yr Ann. Edition - you can get them thousands cheaper after the first 6mos-1yr (and surely after a depreciation hit absorbed by first buyer).

If you were talking buying a new S550 (excluding Shelbys), it would be more bang for the buck buying a 2018 GT PP2 over a Bullitt.

Collectibility? The only ones that will be worth any $ years down the road will be the first few low numbers, those auctioned for charity visibility and any prototypes that make it past the crusher. The rest are just another Bullitt, just as the (2) Bullitts before the S550 Bullitt.

Most of your post none of us that are interested in the car care about, share your opinion on, or you are just speculating.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Talked with the marketing guys again today and confirmed the Electronics pack wont have the autonomous braking or adaptive cruise, just the BLIS and rear cross traffic detection. Basically, they packaged this car perfectly in my eyes. Also got to talk with the owner of the original 68 car, which was super cool.
Add the A10 and no ADM and it would be pretty close to perfect for me, just sayin'...back to square, one repainting a new Mustang.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I mean, basically any Mustang starts as its lowest common denominator. I'd take blank fenders over the large gaudy 5.0 badges that embellishes the GT fenders.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

:doh::doh::doh:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
A Bullit style wheel costs the same as a PP1 wheel
The volume would affect the pricing. The architectural points for offset and widths would carry over from an engineering standpoint, but there's development and testing that goes on top of that.

They might be similar in price perhaps but they could be different depending on how many would be produced for the supply chain (production and service parts). Of course, if we find a Ford Performance aftermarket version with different paint, then I would expect costs to go down.

As you said, we will see!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandƩ
Wonder when the Radio and Antenna were Installed?

Lower Grill for ACC would have had to be different for Bullitt to match the upper and still look good. Too much expense?

Will the Chrome on the Upper make its way to another model?