Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
what does the "VP007" on the Bullitt dash plaque represent? The build #?
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
[MENTION=6651]Bullitt[/MENTION], in your video, it looks A LOT like Guard. I'm sure it's got some subtle differences in person, but when I see my car under lights like that when clean, it looks very, very similar. Your thoughts?
Sorry I’m behind with all the other cars I have to cover at NAIAS. The green definitely is much deeper and bolder than Guard and much more green. Honestly I think it pops even more than the 08.

Just finally read the actual press release and am excited to see the electronics package seems to be like the old 401A package on 15-17 cars, which is unexpected but I’m really happy about. Just will have to triple check that it doesn’t have that annoying radar autonomous braking. If it doesn’t, looks like I’ll be probably getting 2 out of the 3 options packages. No Recaros for me.

1380KPOI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Poi Boy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
IMO it's too bad they didn't release the Bullitt in the 1st generation S550 model 15-17 instead of the current one. The lines on the hood for the 1st run are much better than the updated version

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
what does the "VP007" on the Bullitt dash plaque represent? The build #?
VP007 is the chassis build number with "VP" standing for "Variable Prototype" and "007" standing for chassis #7.

Pre production vehicles within Ford that have chassis numbers assigned to their car as in the Boss 302, GT350/R and now the Bullitt have several sequences of production starting with:

VP- Variable Prototype (typically no VIN assigned to this pre production car)
TT- Tooling Tryout
PP - Pilot Production
MP - Production

The last 3 phases of pre production cars all have VIN's with a special assigned set of VIN numbers (last 6 digits) for the pre production cars.

In almost all cases the VP and TT cars are destroyed under Ford supervision with some of the PP cars making it into the general public and almost all MP cars are auctioned off through Manheim Auto Auctions mostly in the Detroit area.

:cheers:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am thrilled the 2019 Bullitt has the GT350 gauges in the center of the dash. I see the original 1968 Mcqueen movie Mustang has a Cobra in the center of the steering wheel and a Cobra powered emblem on right side of dash indicating Bullitt had hopped up his engine.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Sorry I’m behind with all the other cars I have to cover at NAIAS. The green definitely is much deeper and bolder than Guard and much more green. Honestly I think it pops even more than the 08.

Just finally read the actual press release and am excited to see the electronics package seems to be like the old 401A package on 15-17 cars, which is unexpected but I’m really happy about. Just will have to triple check that it doesn’t have that annoying radar autonomous braking. If it doesn’t, looks like I’ll be probably getting 2 out of the 3 options packages. No Recaros for me.
Same. But for me it's a fat man problem.

Did you ask about any details on suspension difference.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
want YES afford NO. However if my guard mustang ever needs to be resprayed I will be looking for the DHG paint code. :hail:

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
This is exactly what I was referring to... 1. where is he getting this "2019 price increase" from? 2. I doubt bullitt will have active exhaust, since they said it will have a "unique exhaust tone". 3. a 2018 401a PP car is $46k before incentives... I'm sure a Bullitt will start around $48-49k before incentives. OTD pricing should end up being under $50k for any variation of Bullitt
1. Noted possible price increase for 2019 but did not include it in the calculations as clearly stated. Cars increase in price every new model year. Thus reasonably anticipated that a 2019 base price will be higher then a 2018 base price-duh. Although with 2018 being a short production yr--who knows.

2. The Bullitt comes with the active exhaust system with unique black tips as standard equipment (-- it is clearly set forth in the Ford Press documents which are in post 1 of this thread.

"An active valve performance exhaust system is standard with new Black NitroPlate™ exhaust tips, and retuned to give the car a signature burble, as well as new Open Air Induction System and Shelby GT350 intake manifold with 87mm throttle bodies and powertrain control module calibration for optimal performance."

3. Do not anticipate incentives upon release (unless some minor $500 thing). Many states once you add registration (dmv fees) and sales tax etc your adding 10% to the car. So oh yeah...$49.5k car (won't be that cheap) plus tax and reg takes it to $55k and your gonna get it out the door for under $50K. Well maybe a toy car model of it for under $50 but that is about it.

The GT350 was offerred in theory by Ford in a stripper mode for $49.9k. Very few were built--Dealers didn't want them. The Bullitt is gonna be the same...the Bullitt Electronics pack is gonna be almost standard. The issue being the Recarros. Most dealers will check off that box (they did for the 12/13 Boss 302) thus those wanting the powered seats are gonna have to get a custom order in...

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
More pricing--sorry guys. But we have several members living in fantasy land thinking this is a $45k car and that fully optioned Bullitts will hit $50 OTD -it ain't happening.

Building out a 2018 to the same full Bullitt build (as close as possible) specs WITHOUT the unique Bullitt mods/engine-increased HP etc and it goes like this:

GT Prem
Custom color; Orange Fury, Ruby Red etc as an example at $495 (your getting a limited ed color with DHG so ya gotta give that value)
401A
GT Perf Pak
Active Ehxaust
Smart and Safe--the Bullitt doesn't appear to have all the features of S and S but it has many of them in the Electronics Pak (no ACC- so including just 1/2 of the Smart and Safe cost at $750 instead of $1500)
Mag Ride
Recarro seats
The price tag for a mere 2018 GT is: $52,365. Deduct 1/2 of Smart and Safe and you are at $51,615.
And yet some of you think you can get a fully optioned Bullitt for under $50k. Please, get back on your meds.

The only Bullitt that may be available for under $50K is gonna be a stripper with NONE of the 3 buyer options and your not going to find many on lots built that way (ask the 2016 GT350 community). What you are gonna find are fully optioned cars. And of course Ford is gonna price the Bullitt at less then a similar GT that doesn't have the engine improvements...of yeah--that is a touch of reality....well, maybe in Never Never Land.

We know what Mag Ride costs and what the Recarros costs--the unknown is the Electronics Pack and what exactly the upgraded stereo is: subwoofer? new head unit?

And do any of you naysayers know anything about project/program economics and development cost allocation--they are gonna be included in the car..probably $250-500 per unit depending upon the build numbers. The engine is being redone--engineering costs will be charged to the program (part of the internal sales pitch for the business plan is that this program will pay for all/some of the engine redesign that they can then roll out in future yrs to the normal GT). That engine will have to go through new EPA and SAE mileage, hp and smog certification ($100k easy), that little intro commercial-what, some guy with his iPhone 6s filmed it for $50. Think again. The value of the giveaway car for the Charity (to get the rights from the McQueen family), and payments to Warner Brothers for each car for their rights....the owner of the 68 didn't just drive it up-Ford at least paid for highly insured shipping, flights, hotel bills etc for the family, all those program costs are gonna be included in pricing decisions...but oh yeah- they are gonna sell this for less then a normal GT. Sure.

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
More pricing--sorry guys. But we have several members living in fantasy land thinking this is a $45k car and that fully optioned Bullitts will hit $50 OTD -it ain't happening.

Building out a 2018 to the same full Bullitt build (as close as possible) specs WITHOUT the unique Bullitt mods/engine-increased HP etc and it goes like this:

GT Prem
Custom color; Orange Fury, Ruby Red etc as an example at $495 (your getting a limited ed color with DHG so ya gotta give that value)
401A
GT Perf Pak
Active Ehxaust
Smart and Safe--the Bullitt doesn't appear to have all the features of S and S but it has many of them in the Electronics Pak (no ACC- so including just 1/2 of the Smart and Safe cost at $750 instead of $1500)
Mag Ride
Recarro seats
The price tag for a mere 2018 GT is: $52,365. Deduct 1/2 of Smart and Safe and you are at $51,615.
And yet some of you think you can get a fully optioned Bullitt for under $50k. Please, get back on your meds.

The only Bullitt that may be available for under $50K is gonna be a stripper with NONE of the 3 buyer options and your not going to find many on lots built that way (ask the GT350 community). What you are gonna find are fully optioned cars. And of course Ford is gonna price the Bullitt at less then a similar GT that doesn't have the engine improvements...of yeah--that is a touch of reality....well, maybe in Never Never Land.

We know what Mag Ride costs and what the Recarros costs--the unknown is the Electronics Pack and what exactly the upgraded stereo is: subwoofer? new head unit?
I agree 60k easily

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
To see one of the orig cars....:hail:

Love the 19'!