IndyRN

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Just finished upgrading mine and followed your guide. THANK YOU!, Everything worked great.

The issues I have is the "miles to empty" is way off like 785 miles to empty, not sure if you want into this. Hoping this goes away.

Also I can't see the Ford Connect or 4G settings on the screen, maybe I just got an older APIM ?

Getting the S+ mode is a performance mod!

The miles to empty takes a little bit of driving but it will self correct, no worries :)

Could be an older APIM. Mine was there right away - which sync version do you have?
Sponsored

CricketSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base Model 10R80
The miles to empty takes a little bit of driving but it will self correct, no worries :)

Could be an older APIM. Mine was there right away - which sync version do you have?
3.4 Sync, I do see FordPass, but nothing for 4G modem and my phone app is not finding my car... not the end of the world really.

Just glad the miles to empty is going to correct.

It's amazing now much more aggressive the car feels in Sport + and drag mode!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
My 4g modem hasn't worked since new. Finally going to get rear camera recall done. Then install the unit.

mainemaine89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jermaine
Vehicle(s)
boss 302
Just finished upgrading mine and followed your guide. THANK YOU!, Everything worked great.

The issues I have is the "miles to empty" is way off like 785 miles to empty, not sure if you want into this. Hoping this goes away.

Also I can't see the Ford Connect or 4G settings on the screen, maybe I just got an older APIM ?

Getting the S+ mode is a performance mod!
mines corrected itself overtime

rtrdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
So I made the mistake and did a master reset I really don’t want to go and swap radios out to get Ford pass to work. Someone mentioned you can program the vin to get this to work using forscan. Can someone tell me where to do this ?? Thanks

Sponsored

Steviefingers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD OR, 1996 240sx, 2022 Mustang GT
I have a 2020 Base GT and i found a good deal on a Sync 3 Screen/APIM, but i do not know what vehicle it is from. I have the brackets and the radio trim already, but i am wondering what all i will need to change in the ABD for the APIM....Would anyone be able to help?

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
So I made the mistake and did a master reset I really don’t want to go and swap radios out to get Ford pass to work. Someone mentioned you can program the vin to get this to work using forscan. Can someone tell me where to do this ?? Thanks
Any update on this Im in the same boat

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I'm shocked cars are still being sold with the 4 inch screens.

Wondermuffin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey guys it seems that I bought a kit on ebay but the apim doesn't work for me as I cannot update it to sync 3.4 nor can I use carplay or delete the old phones on the apim.
Is this because the apim is not from a 2019+ model?

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Huge thanks to you guys for the concise 2019-2020 how-to post! I went down the rabbit hole with the main Sync 3 Swap (it's all in here) thread, and because that has grown to the size of a long novel, and spans many model years it isn't easy to follow and has some outdated information.

This thread on the other hand was exactly what I needed for my '19 base GT Sync 3 update.

I got the drive modes enabled and fixed the weird hazard flasher issue. I also have the "999 miles to empty" displayed, but I'm not too worried knowing you guys had to deal with that.

Anyway, Thanks guys!

53CA0122-1D04-49C4-A65D-40895E8484C6.jpeg

76E83345-6D27-4FDB-AAC2-7F9FE13412C8.jpeg

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
3.4 Sync, I do see FordPass, but nothing for 4G modem and my phone app is not finding my car... not the end of the world really.
I have a '19 base GT. I have the same issue. I'm curious if the modem is a seperate component that I don't have, or if there's a value in FORSCan that I need to adjust. Did you ever fix this?

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Did this today finally found all the components at decent price. Great how to article thanks for the precise write up on the mode switch activation. But i to would like to change the VIN in the apim does anyone have that info?

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
Did this today finally found all the components at decent price. Great how to article thanks for the precise write up on the mode switch activation. But i to would like to change the VIN in the apim does anyone have that info?
I didn't see where that info was either but when I looked at the settings menu in Sync it showed my VIN already. Am I missing something?

My car still says 999 miles to empty... How long is that supposed to last?

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I didn't see where that info was either but when I looked at the settings menu in Sync it showed my VIN already. Am I missing something?

My car still says 999 miles to empty... How long is that supposed to last?
When I looked at that info it had my VIN also. I wonder if forscan changed it when I activated the drive modes?
Sponsored