2018+ xforce long tube headers

479man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Has anyone installed the xforce long tube headers on a 2018+ mustang gt I am have issues with getting passenger side motor mount bracket on after installation of the header
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Has anyone installed the xforce long tube headers on a 2018+ mustang gt I am have issues with getting passenger side motor mount bracket on after installation of the header
Are you trying to install the motor mount bracket with the starter in place? If so, remove the starter and install the bracket first. Also, when I installed my headers, I had the motor jacked up and didn’t lower it until after both motor mount brackets were bolted to the engine.

OP
OP

479man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Are you trying to install the motor mount bracket with the starter in place? If so, remove the starter and install the bracket first. Also, when I installed my headers, I had the motor jacked up and didn’t lower it until after both motor mount brackets were bolted to the engine.

Yes starter is out. And motor is jacked up. Did you install xforce headers if so my issue is getting mount behind where header loops out.

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes starter is out. And motor is jacked up. Did you install xforce headers if so my issue is getting mount behind where header loops out.
If its possible, post some pictures of what is blocking you from placing the bracket on. I've done this install a couple of times. Jack the motor up, and try shimmying it to the driver side. Be mindful of the steering shaft though.

OP
OP

479man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
If its possible, post some pictures of what is blocking you from placing the bracket on. I've done this install a couple of times. Jack the motor up, and try shimmying it to the driver side. Be mindful of the steering shaft though.

Yea I will take a few pics when I get back home.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No, mine are Ultimate Headers. As 479mans suggested; if needed, you can nudge the engine over to the driver’s side. If you do, it may be better to unhook the steering shaft and lay it up on the upper frame until the brackets are in place.

Once we see pic of the issue, we may be able to suggest more ideas.

OP
OP

479man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Here is a few pics not the greatest I cant get the mount behind where header loops out most other brands don't have that big loop

20210514_222612.jpg

20210514_222553.jpg

20210514_222544.jpg

Synergy720

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yeah it sucks that its the passenger side but you might actually need to pop that pipe into place. Will the bracket actually sit over the holes or is it because you can't get the bracket behind the piping?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Wow! I’ve never seen any GT headers that have that huge loop in the primary tube like that. You may have to check with the manufacturer to see if they offer motor mount brackets that will clear the loop.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The loop looks really tight in your photo, but based on this photo from American Muscle’s website, you might try to turn the bracket on its side, insert through the loop and then rotate it back down flat into place in order to bolt it to the motor.

70441764-E29F-4031-994D-3F3431FD540A.png

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Something else I just thought about. Please note that I am not trying to question your mechanical aptitude, just trying to be as helpful, as I can be.

1. Have you verified that you haven’t inadvertently swapped the driver’s bracket for the passenger side?

2. Have a look at these instructions. It appears that you are going to have to loosen the header and juggle it (per the instructions).

https://www.americanmuscle.com/varex-complete-3in-exhaust-1516gt-manu-install.html

OP
OP

479man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frankie
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Ima try and install both same time header and bracket being loose seems just a little too tight.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ima try and install both same time header and bracket being loose seems just a little too tight.
That sounds like a good plan. Loosen the nuts on the two end studs all the way and remove all other studs until you get the brackets installed. Then you can go back and reinstall the studs and nuts and tighten everything up. A lot of people use all or some of the factory studs, but I removed all of mine and used the supplied bolts. I really think having the studs in place is what’s fighting you so hard.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
When I did mine I next day ordered some 12 point bolts to replace all the studs. Only could use a couple on the passenger side and they made it harder to install my texas speed headers. Went in like a glove with all studs removed.
Sponsored