Sponsored

2018 Shopping Woes

65ACode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 mustang
I have been shopping around for 2018's at different dealers and having a really hard time with my "required" option list and availability. So now i am rethinking what options I really need or should I wait a bit longer.

Here are my must have's:
-GT Premium
-401A
-Performance Pack - I really want the nickel wheels though - no luck with those...
-Magneride - I feel this is a must have with the firmer suspension on PP
-Automatic - this is the option I am most waffling on, but I am kinda old - knees and all...

If a car had additional options like BLIS, that is fine - I'll absorb that.

Now colors - if I wanted a black car this would be very easy. But I want in order of preference:
Ruby Red
Crimson
Magnetic -- last choice for sure...

So couple of questions...is Performance Pack a must have? What about Magneride?
Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
I was waffling on the transmission too. So much though that I gave up my special order 10A when the same car but 6spd became available.

Personally, I'm very glad I got the MR and PP. But, everyone is different. I can't say you should get it, only that I'm glad I did.
Feeling how solid it is with no sway around corners is pretty amazing but YMMV.

ETA- you want red. Get red. I wouldn't change that...both the crimson and RR are absolutely gorgeous.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Why not work with a dealer to place an order for exactly what you want? Might not be able to negotiate quite as much as taking it right off the lot, but they should still work with you. Then you're not compromising.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I think you'll have a hard time finding the PP with nickel wheels. Ford never even bothered to put it on the build and price. You might try the "let us find it for you" feature on their site. If there's no luck with that you've got just a few weeks left to order if you want an '18. Get Xplan and order what you want.

OP
OP

65ACode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 mustang
I think you'll have a hard time finding the PP with nickel wheels. Ford never even bothered to put it on the build and price. You might try the "let us find it for you" feature on their site. If there's no luck with that you've got just a few weeks left to order if you want an '18. Get Xplan and order what you want.
I found a PP with the Nickel Wheels in a convertible. I could entertain a convertible. But no Magneride :(

Sponsored

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have been shopping around for 2018's at different dealers and having a really hard time with my "required" option list and availability. So now i am rethinking what options I really need or should I wait a bit longer.

Here are my must have's:
-GT Premium
-401A
-Performance Pack - I really want the nickel wheels though - no luck with those...
-Magneride - I feel this is a must have with the firmer suspension on PP
-Automatic - this is the option I am most waffling on, but I am kinda old - knees and all...

I'm driving that car; except for the 647 option wheels. The dealers couldn’t figure out how to order them. So, I got the active exhaust instead. My neighbors are happy I did.

Don't compromise on your build options. The PP1, 401a digital dash, mageride,and A10 are the only reasons I bought a 2018. Just get a 2017 if you don’t want the new features.

I used Ford's inventory search to find the car that was listed as dealer pre-order. Then I made a deal for it as soon as COTUS listed it as awaiting shipping. I watched it come off the truck.

If your willing to travel; use different zip codes and 100 mile range to expand your choices.

Cheers,

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Here are my must have's:
-GT Premium
-401A
-Performance Pack
-Magneride -
-Automatic -

If a car had additional options like BLIS, that is fine - I'll absorb that.

Whats the sticker on something like that for 18's these days ?

and what is BLIS ?

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The base mustang is now much better, but still more of a commuter/highway barge than "sporty". I think the mustang would do much better in comparisons if the PP was standard and there was a "comfort" package with squishier tires, softer suspension, etc.

So its up to you what you want from the car.

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was having the same issue couldn't find what I wanted in Lighting Blue so I figured out what I must have and decided to do away with the PP and Magneride suspension.

I wanted the PP mostly for the brakes since I hate the wheels they are way to heavy and was going to replace them anyway...

So I really wanted the 401A package and the 10r80 auto and of course active exhaust because I like the option to make it somewhat quiet.

So I found the color I wanted with those 3 other options…

My plan is to get new wheels either the SVE R350 19” or the Project 6GR 19” wheels both are GT350R replicas for the most part which is what I am looking for.... Thinking of running 285/35/19 square as well.

Next will be getting the Ford Racing Track suspension upgrade which will also lower the car 1” and should be a decent upgrade over the PP suspension.

Next for brakes would be either getting the PP 6 piston brembos or going all out and getting the GT350R upgrade kit that replaces all 4 calipers and rotors and also should way out perform the PP brakes and look much better doing it…

I also would put the Ford Racing strut tower brace kit on the car to complete the package.

Overall price would be a little higher doing the upgrades but I feel I would have a better overall package in the color I want with the parts I want.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
The PP ride is fine. I've never thought it was too stiff. Even if it was daily commuter, I wouldn't want/need Magneride.

The clutch is easy on the Mustang but if you're going to be sitting in heavy traffic then I guess the auto is better. If not, by all means get the manual.

The PP wheels suck IMO. Bitch to clean and have no offset. Sell them for $500 and spend an extra $600 and get way nicer and lighter wheels.

Just my .02

Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
PP ride is soft and can be floaty to me. Go for a test drive and get a seat of the pants feel for the standard PP and magna-ride.

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
PP ride is soft and can be floaty to me. Go for a test drive and get a seat of the pants feel for the standard PP and magna-ride.
I agree about the floaty feel I had a 2016 GT PP... lowering it did help some but still wasn't great...

OP
OP

65ACode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 mustang
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. For me the performance pack is a must - just too much bang for the buck compared to replicating it in the aftermarket.

I have not test drove a PP with magneride yet. That will be next.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Just order it... In my experience, you're able to negotiate just as well on a special order compared to buying off a lot.

BTW - I believe that Koon's Ford has one packaged exactly like you want, which seems to be fully-loaded - they generally have the lowest prices from the get-go without negotiation needed and, from what others on this forum have said, they'll ship... though, the one I'm thinking of may be the Race Red and not the Ruby or Crimson...?

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
The PP ride is fine. I've never thought it was too stiff. Even if it was daily commuter, I wouldn't want/need Magneride.

The clutch is easy on the Mustang but if you're going to be sitting in heavy traffic then I guess the auto is better. If not, by all means get the manual.

The PP wheels suck IMO. Bitch to clean and have no offset. Sell them for $500 and spend an extra $600 and get way nicer and lighter wheels.

Just my .02
I like how they look, but you're right about being a bitch to clean. FML.
Sponsored