2018 PP front wheel spacers?

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
Hi guys, quick question. I have a 2018 gt pp and I really like it but one thing that is bothering me is the fact that the front wheels are really more inside the body that the rear ones.

I am not looking at putting spacers all around as I dont want to put rock blocks.

But is there small spacers that I could put in front just to make them more similar to the rear?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
ok so if I understand correctly I cannot really put small spacer on the front to have them like the rear. Smallest I can go seems to be 25mm ( maybe 23mm), which will then make them poke more than the rear and requires rock block to stop rock chips on the side panel.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
ok so if I understand correctly I cannot really put small spacer on the front to have them like the rear. Smallest I can go seems to be 25mm ( maybe 23mm), which will then make them poke more than the rear and requires rock block to stop rock chips on the side panel.

That is right you might have to modify wheel studs,etc it to go smaller. I would stick with 25 mm if using OEM fronts, also have you consider buying another set of rear PP1 wheels and running a square setup..I did this on my 2015 PP1 and it looked great, ran 275 all around and used a 5mm spacer ( mandatory ) on front to accomplish this. The poke issue was fixed and added benefit: a true 4 wheel rotation.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
0924D832-268B-4DFA-9F7A-64E2EAE21E71.jpeg
937FE022-8F43-4AB0-AABD-402098F09F3E.jpeg
6CBE9136-AFD1-4504-B33D-E2EFEC55F2E5.jpeg
C2E8A338-4D33-4F8B-A322-DE2C89FFD6C3.jpeg
4F82552F-C58D-435A-93FB-1E4691DADF0A.jpeg
I added 15mm spacers to the front and rear. I didn’t want any “poke” that I thought I might get with 25mm spacers. I did have to replace the studs.
The front is pretty easy if you’re mechanically inclined at all. You can replace the studs w/o taking the hubs off, simply push out the OEM studs and pull in the longer studs.
If you have access to the tools in the pics it simplifies the job.

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Basically you have three options:
Small bolt through spacers, limited to a max of about 6mm or 1/4" thick, that will work with the stock studs.
Bolt through spacers with longer studs, probably gets you to a max of 30mm thick with the normally available extended (+1"/25mm) studs.
Bolt on spacers, which are limited to a MINIMUM of about 20mm to clear the inner lug nuts.

I wouldn't use bolt on spacers for serious performance applications as they double the failure rate/number of joints for the hub to wheel connection.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hi guys, quick question. I have a 2018 gt pp and I really like it but one thing that is bothering me is the fact that the front wheels are really more inside the body that the rear ones.

I am not looking at putting spacers all around as I dont want to put rock blocks.

But is there small spacers that I could put in front just to make them more similar to the rear?

Thanks.
Hey I know you said you dont want to do rock block but. I too was against a mud flap on my car. But my tires were throwing rocks up the side of the car and i was getting chips just in front of the rear wheel from the front wheels throwing rocks down side of car. I caved in and bought rock blocks very very against the idea but I wanted my paint to stay chip free. Ill be honest after getting them on they are very nice and not intrusive and I have actually got compliments on them. I would seriously reconsider getting them if you are pushing your wheels out more from the body as you will get more chips in side paint.

OP
OP

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
Hey I know you said you dont want to do rock block but. I too was against a mud flap on my car. But my tires were throwing rocks up the side of the car and i was getting chips just in front of the rear wheel from the front wheels throwing rocks down side of car. I caved in and bought rock blocks very very against the idea but I wanted my paint to stay chip free. Ill be honest after getting them on they are very nice and not intrusive and I have actually got compliments on them. I would seriously reconsider getting them if you are pushing your wheels out more from the body as you will get more chips in side paint.

The problem I have woth rock blocks is not because of the look. It is because I use my car in the winter (Quebec) and I am afraid that they will crack or break because of the snow/ice.

That is why I was only looking at putting the front wheels on par with the rear.

Basically you have three options:
Small bolt through spacers, limited to a max of about 6mm or 1/4" thick, that will work with the stock studs.
Bolt through spacers with longer studs, probably gets you to a max of 30mm thick with the normally available extended (+1"/25mm) studs.
Bolt on spacers, which are limited to a MINIMUM of about 20mm to clear the inner lug nuts.

I wouldn't use bolt on spacers for serious performance applications as they double the failure rate/number of joints for the hub to wheel connection.

I would have to measure because I don't know if putting 6mm bolt through spacers would really change the look of the wheels?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The problem I have woth rock blocks is not because of the look. It is because I use my car in the winter (Quebec) and I am afraid that they will crack or break because of the snow/ice.

That is why I was only looking at putting the front wheels on par with the rear.
Ok got ya. I dont know they are fairly sturdy and screw into the body clips they are on really good. OK well was just throwing it out there :)

OP
OP

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
Anybody has a link to 1/4 inch good spacer? I found some but they are not black. Would it look bad if they are not black? Or they will be completely hidden behind the wheels, even from an angle?

Last edited:

Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Anybody has a link to 1/4 inch good spacer? I found some but they are not black. Would it look bad if they are not black? Or they will be completely hidden behind the wheels, even from an angle?
you won’t see it if you use black or silver the rim hub will hide it.

OP
OP

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
Sweet thanks. Will try them to see of it make the wheel better looking.

Last edited:

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
On my stock PP1 wheels, I used 1" spacers all around front and rear. The stance with the spacers was just perfect, I was surprised at how well it worked and really changed the look of the car. The rear did not poke too far, gave it a nice muscular look, and the fronts sat out exactly in line with the top of the fender flare. I did not have any issues with rock toss up, or even really any water spraying down the side of the car. I am pretty OCD about my car staying clean, so when I drive in the rain I hate when the tires spit up dirt on the sides of the car. Did not happen with the spacers, and I did not have mudflaps. Its probably because I still had the stock Pirelli tires, which have a rounded enough shoulder that tread doesn't stick out past the fender enough to matter.

I would definitely recommend the 1" spacers for stock wheels. Attaching some pics...
EFFECTS.jpg
IMG_6708.jpg
IMG_6709.jpg
IMG_6710.jpg
IMG_6711.jpg
IMG_6712.jpg
IMG_6713.jpg
IMG_6714.jpg
Sponsored