Sponsored

2018 Mustang refresh?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
R&D can be amortized. Purchased parts cannot...although they can be bulk discounted (not nearly the same savings). The new 10 speed most certainly will cost more than the old 6 speed, just from a parts standpoint.
Given it's not a licensed copy (like the current A6) but 100% in house at Ford and GM...it's likely to be lower than some think.

I'm going to guess a cost to the customer of $1,700
Sponsored

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
R&D can be amortized. Purchased parts cannot...although they can be bulk discounted (not nearly the same savings). The new 10 speed most certainly will cost more than the old 6 speed, just from a parts standpoint.
I don't think anyone's arguing with you on that.

At the end of the day, all we can do regarding the cost to consumer is the same thing we can do regarding the V8 injection scheme and any resulting power gains: speculate. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
From Facebook........a current "M" plate car running dual exhausts. Still wanna a see some proper camo'd mules though :p

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
From Facebook........a current "M" plate car running dual exhausts. Still wanna a see some proper camo'd mules though :p

Well whatever ends up happening, it sounds like quad exhausts are a certainty too then. Every mule these days is running them lol.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport

1" tow hitch?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Know what I'd like to see or I should say not see on the 2018 refresh that damn black plastic on the front splitter and a long the side of the car. Hard to keep clean and looking good. My 13 Escape has it and my wife 15 Edge has it. Ford PLEASE quit using it.

Sponsored

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Met with another insider today and was told the new car was shown to dealers and employees in Vegas and the person confirmed the exterior changes but did not know anyhing about mechanical specifics, infotainment and electronic updates, or the production start date.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
And those changes are?
My source told me...in very vague terms, it's like a cross between a miata and a charger, less of a muscle car look and more of a pure sports car look. No significant changes to engine, but transmission is upgraded.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
My source told me...in very vague terms, it's like a cross between a miata and a charger, less of a muscle car look and more of a pure sports car look. No significant changes to engine, but transmission is upgraded.
F&#k ... I hope not.

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion ti
I'm probably in the minority on this forum, and not commenting on the Miata/Charger design directly, but I think moving to a more pure sports car look would be awesome. They would never abandon the heritage styling cues entirely, but move the design into the future? Yes please.
Respect the past, but look to the future.
Sponsored