2018 Mustang refresh?

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Will be nice if they also tweek the interior and use more soft touch premium materials. I have read so many reviews from all the top car reviewers about how there is still a lot of cheap hard plastics being used. I'd like to see more premium surfaces on the door panels and center cupholder console area. :)

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
A premium stereo that's actually premium.
A real intercooler.
A better tune.
Magniride option would be very cool.

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
[MENTION=6898]MadCow[/MENTION] what the heck would plasma sprayed bore liners help? I have never heard of this. I agree about the DI, only if it still has a form of port injection to keep the valves clean.
It has a few benefits like retaining more material behind the cylinder bore which the 5.0 could use. Ford/Flame Spray patented plasma spray cylinder tech. They have used it on the GT500 since 2011 or so and use it on the GT350. Some makers also license the tech like Nissan for the GTR.

As for dual injection, that's exactly how it works on the Ecoboost. Port injectors in the intake as well as direct injectors in the heads.

Once again this is just what someone said so who knows. But it sure does sound good.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I suspect the following

New plastic grill design
Different wheel designs
Different colour options
New deck lid design
Possibly change to front and rear bumpers

Mach 1 or Boss variant which will be a PP with some decals, a spoiler, different wheels, and a power boost by changing to a gt350 intake and exhaust.

All the above uses existing off the shelf items or are cheap changes to the plastics. There will be no changes to the metal or expensive development of the engines until the full refresh. I doubt we will ever see DI on the coyote (thankfully-who wants DI and cruddy valves) if the eco boost v6 is set to replace it shortly.

GT40 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6 Fastback
Better transmission(Tremec), V6 model, with performance pack and premium trim.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Merged again.

Let's keep all the 18MY discussion in one place......at least until we start to see/hear solid info.

:thumbsup:

Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I'd suggest they open up the options list a little more. Rather than having to take "all-or-nothing" packages, allow the Premium Stereo in the base model. Allow leather seats in the V6. Put the Premium rear bumper on ALL models - it's probably cheaper in the long run to only have ONE bumper design than two. Amortize the cost over all models and I doubt the MSRP would go up very much - if at all.

Having said that, my crazy wish list would be:

A Surround Sound head unit. TRUE 5.1 or 7.1 audio capable of DVD-A and SACD multichannel playback.

Four Floor Mats of better Quality.

A Performance Pack available with 3.55 OR 3.73 gears (selectable option)

PROPER factory painted stripes on GT's not just those ridiculous fade-away stripes.

Bring back the hood-mounted turn signals! (haha! just kidding! :D )

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Why limit the gear options for the PP to 3.55 to 3.73 when 4.09 gears would be more fun. We don't need Di on the V8.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
We need something to improve the hp and tq to compete with the camaro.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
We need something to improve the hp and tq to compete with the camaro.
No, that is expensive...

Ford needs to call Chevy back out onto the road course like the 5th Gen did the S197. All the GT really needs is a GT350/GT350R inspired R Package for the GT and it's all they need.

Make Chevy spend $$$ on tires, suspension and brakes. Areas the Camaro severely lacks in.

Drag racing is dominated by the Solid Axle S197 and the aftermarket belongs to the Mustang...

Sharpen/refresh the image next and begin working of the drivetrain. What if an A10 is all the 2018 needs to compete with the Camaro? Which is very, very likely...

Furious D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/PP