Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Thanks for posting! there you finally have it then, the gt350 will go another year at least.
I'm thinking maybe a GT500 instead
Sponsored

DCar2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Wish they would bring back some more old school colors like

Guardsman Blue
Gulf Stream Aqua
Acapulco Blue

Have an 69 Mustang in Gulf Stream Aqua, would be neat to have matching color Mustangs :headbang:
Don't forget Highland Green...

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Don't forget Highland Green...
I prefer the Dark Moss Green from 1967 (it's both a little darker and a little greener than DHG), but Dark Highland Green would work, but unfortunately it will only ever be offered as a Bullitt limited edition color, and then only every so often.:frusty:

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
So many questions...while people speculate about colors. Does this mean there will be only 2 engine options on the 2018 ? 4cly turbo and the 5.0 ?

Will the 2.7 ecoboost be shoe horned into the s550 ? Will they offer it with the below performance options and premium package ?

Dual exhaust, 10 speed auto and the magna-ride sound like extraordinary options for the Mustang. Its becoming more of a true sports car as time goes on (not a bad thing at all).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Will the 2.7 ecoboost be shoe horned into the s550 ? Will they offer it with the below performance options and premium package ?

Don't expect an Ecoboost 6 in S550. That'll likely come with S650 for the '21MY :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Dual exhaust, 10 speed auto and the magna-ride sound like extraordinary options for the Mustang. Its becoming more of a true sports car as time goes on (not a bad thing at all).
It's moving away from the 'pony/muscle' car and moving into a more world sports car market to compete with these other brands like Audi/BMW and their sport models. The design changes we've seen so far point to this. Add in now the magnaride, 10 speed, etc and it's hitting the mark.

What these options show is Ford is serious about making the Mustang competitive (and cheaper) against these other brands which is great for us.

Can't wait for the interior changes coming.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
No reason they couldn't go with a 2.5L EB 4I, I think that's the biggest 4 banger Ford makes.

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
The pp2 might include the factory quad tip exhaust and it makes sense because idk how you could do a quad tip with a base rear bumper and make it look good

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I hope I can order an auto performance pack or performance pack 2 with the magnetic ride suspension. Gonna be a long 8-10 months. In orange of coarse

Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Maybe PP1 and PP2 are akin to the 2013/13 Brembo Package vs. The Track Package.

I have a 2014 Brembo GT, I prefer that as I don't really want extra coolers.
The Torsen would be cool, but really only for the 3.73 gearing.
I bought off the lot (end of body run) and I'd only have added 3:73 gear option of I could have ordered it. And Recaro seats...

Let's face it, most people don't track their cars. I wanted the Brembo package for the Rims, brakes, and the firmer suspension. I will never track my car, so coolers and extra oil or whatever are not need for me.

It would be cool to have this differentiation in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.