Sponsored

2018+ hood vents

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I walk a fine line between contrast and body coloured. In my opinion body coloured always looks more factory to me with a little flair. Probably wouldn't change my mind if I did it over again but if I did I would go with matte. I feel it does a better job matching the rest of the plastic trim around the car. It also really depends how other cars are set up. Do they have stripes, what accent colors are around the car etc.. Depending on that gloss might be better.

I do go through a love hate relationship with them and all the mods on my car. Guess I am just indecisive by nature.

Here's a few photos of them on my car.
Mustang GT13.JPG
Mustang GT10.JPG
Mustang GT14.JPG
I
I can see what you mean. I looking to pick up a mustang gt in iconic silver so I am not sure what would be the best color combo with those vents. Im thinking of going with bullet upper and lower grille with gt350 (2018) spoiler and glass black 5.0 logo with graphite or gunmetal rims. This is what the build is kinda looking look in my head right now
Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I can see what you mean. I looking to pick up a mustang gt in iconic silver so I am not sure what would be the best color combo with those vents. Im thinking of going with bullet upper and lower grille with gt350 (2018) spoiler and glass black 5.0 logo with graphite or gunmetal rims. This is what the build is kinda looking look in my head right now
So iconic silver is super easy because everything goes with it. I would probably do gloss black vents with that color. Especially with all the other black accents you have planned. The only thing I would mention is to be careful with rim color. A color like silver is very easy to get wheels that match the color and sometimes it ends up looking out of place. You may not agree but that's a general consensus.

I always use the GT500 as a representation of a iconic silver and black theme. If you like the way this looks then you will probably like the gloss black theme you have going.

1608256038413.png

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
So iconic silver is super easy because everything goes with it. I would probably do gloss black vents with that color. Especially with all the other black accents you have planned. The only thing I would mention is to be careful with rim color. A color like silver is very easy to get wheels that match the color and sometimes it ends up looking out of place. You may not agree but that's a general consensus.

I always use the GT500 as a representation of a iconic silver and black theme. If you like the way this looks then you will probably like the gloss black theme you have going.

1608256038413.png
That is a look I am trying to go for in terms of the accents but I was thinking more of a satin/matte black for the wheels since it will be my daily but thank you for your inputs and thoughts!

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
That is a look I am trying to go for in terms of the accents but I was thinking more of a satin/matte black for the wheels since it will be my daily but thank you for your inputs and thoughts!
Happy to help. For reference my wheels are satin black (no photos yet since it's winter here) and my stripes are the same.

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I love the look, it is almost exactly what I was looking for, but I do wish they were built into the hood rather than added on. I am not too worried about the airflow, but I am thinking there is a possibility for small debris to make it through the grills but not get past the bottlenecks in the vent. I guess the only option at that point is to shop vac it out if anything gets stuck and is visible in there.
How do they hold up when you wash the car? Does water get stuck in there or does it find a away out?

Sponsored

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
The new roush 2020 hood vents look great and seem functional..looks like they even made the holes bigger in the hood when they installed them .

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
The new roush 2020 hood vents look great and seem functional..looks like they even made the holes bigger in the hood when they installed them .
Yeah they are, there are kinda like the air design but shorter in length it seems like

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Yeah they are, there are kinda like the air design but shorter in length it seems like
All 3 vents are open unlike air design..I reached out to roush and unfortunately they are not for sale.

DolomiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertable
Anybody know if the faux grills are glued in or taped on? Has anyone tried removing them?

IMG_20210126_152341.jpg
IMG_20210126_152407.jpg

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
[/QUOTE]

Flip them over let see the back side?
All 3 vents are open unlike air design..I reached out to roush and unfortunately they are not for sale.

Check this out
https://www.roushperformance.com/pa...tegory/2018-mustang-hood-heat-extractors.html

https://www.roushperformance.com/pa...its-category/mustang-hoodscoops-category.html

These are RTR parts, aggressive, lead edge is higher off the hood than the stock one, larger vent holes.
IMG_0002.jpeg

Trying to drill the chicken wire looking holes will not turn out well. The drill bit will catch the sides of the hole and break them out.

Would be better off removing and replacing the gride.

Last edited:

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Flip them over let see the back side?

Check this out
https://www.roushperformance.com/pa...tegory/2018-mustang-hood-heat-extractors.html

https://www.roushperformance.com/pa...its-category/mustang-hoodscoops-category.html

These are RTR parts, aggressive, lead edge is higher off the hood than the stock one, larger vent holes.
IMG_0002.jpeg

Trying to drill the chicken wire looking holes will not turn out well. The drill bit will catch the sides of the hole and break them out.

Would be better off removing and replacing the gride.
[/QUOTE]
I would not try to drill them either..best would would be a belt sander from the back plastic gride

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
[/QUOTE]
I would not try to drill them either..best would would be a belt sander from the back plastic gride
[/QUOTE]

That could work, would be best for sure. Have you figured out how to remove the inserts?

Think some snap in ?
Sponsored