Sponsored

2018 GT Power Packs?

JimGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The other threads died and no updates? These are the Ford Performance Power Packs...
Sponsored

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
The last I heard is Ford is waiting on carb certification from Cali. I would assume when they are released they would have a bump over the bullitt. If not why wouldn't they just release what's on the bullitt now?

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Literally they have released every papers Pack except the mustangs. Hell they sell the 18+ supercharger but not a CAI and tune? It makes me feel like they found an issue and are trying to fix it before release. Bring that ford is denying the the “Tick” is a problem also makes me skeptical on even getting a tune from them.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
It's the same thing that happened to the Focus RS in 2016. We waited over a year for CARB approval, headgasketgate came and went, and now it's 2019 and still no FP tune available for the RS. (it was available for 1 week and then pulled with no explanation)

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I had a text chat with an FRPP a few days ago and he replied that they are awaiting C.A.R.B. emissions certification, but didn't have a specific date yet. I asked him to elaborate on the details of the offerings and he replied "It's hard to say right now, because things can change. I doubt there will be a "stage 3" because the stock 2018 intake manifold is pretty much the best intake available for these engines. Stage 2 is questionable, because the stock throttle body and intake are extremely good too" He went on to say that it really is too early to say for certain based on what C.A.R.B. says they can or can't do.

IMO, based on this conversation I think it will end up being a tune and a drop in filter as Stage 1, the Stage 2 if there's even a "Stage 2" will be the Bullitt Intake with the 87mm throttle body. Definitely no Stage 3 with the GT350 manifold.

Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
FWIW .. Any tune on the vehicle brings out the ticking motor ... I don't know if it's the cam optimization or the timing that causes it, but if you have a boarderline ticker that comes and goes, it will be there to stay if you tune it.

Happened on both my 18 and 19 ... My 19 I flash back to stock and viola tick gone, flash tune back, viola tick is back..

Given the number of complaints online about the tick, maybe they are rethinking things so people don't go running back to the dealer claiming thar engine going to blow!

OP
OP

JimGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Would be really cool if they released a flex fuel tune as part if a power pack given results on these cars

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
FWIW .. Any tune on the vehicle brings out the ticking motor ... I don't know if it's the cam optimization or the timing that causes it, but if you have a boarderline ticker that comes and goes, it will be there to stay if you tune it.

Happened on both my 18 and 19 ... My 19 I flash back to stock and viola tick gone, flash tune back, viola tick is back..

Given the number of complaints online about the tick, maybe they are rethinking things so people don't go running back to the dealer claiming thar engine going to blow!
It really shouldn't make a difference at idle. There's people with ticking issues on stock cars, so I doubt it's tune related.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
It really shouldn't make a difference at idle. There's people with ticking issues on stock cars, so I doubt it's tune related.
Not tune related at all, but whatever parameters are changed in the tune exaggerates the tick.

Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a text chat with an FRPP a few days ago and he replied that they are awaiting C.A.R.B. emissions certification, but didn't have a specific date yet. I asked him to elaborate on the details of the offerings and he replied "It's hard to say right now, because things can change. I doubt there will be a "stage 3" because the stock 2018 intake manifold is pretty much the best intake available for these engines. Stage 2 is questionable, because the stock throttle body and intake are extremely good too" He went on to say that it really is too early to say for certain based on what C.A.R.B. says they can or can't do.

IMO, based on this conversation I think it will end up being a tune and a drop in filter as Stage 1, the Stage 2 if there's even a "Stage 2" will be the Bullitt Intake with the 87mm throttle body. Definitely no Stage 3 with the GT350 manifold.
Same chat I had with them many moons ago. It will be weak if they don't do the Bullitt Intake and TB as an option. That would just leave a K&N drop-in and a flash. If that's all they offer, there are way better tunes out there (Lund, PBD, etc.) for less $ than what FRP is going to charge.

CoyoteMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White Black Accent GT
From my extremely light research (I most certainly could be wrong), but I saw the '15 power packs come out in the summer of '16. I am expecting the '18 power packs to come out this summer.
Sponsored