2018 GT new fun issues...

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Soooo when at operating temps, the car when slowing down in sport mode sounds like a bolt cleaner full of large bolts. Its not the pops from exhaust, i love those..lol. Its like a gravely I also noticed if i put it in S and then shift from 1 to 2 w/brake on it lunges/thumps. I think trans is going...it whines a lot and is slow to go into gear from R to D or D to R when warm. Taking it to the other local dealer this time, not the one that replaced engine... i think my car is cursed...or previous owner hurt it badly... ugh.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Car been at dealer an hour.. they called said "workmanship" issues w/engine replacement and needs to go back to other dealer... wow... wtf.. they are talking to their warranty manager to see if they can work on it... it never ends w/this car.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Car been at dealer an hour.. they called said "workmanship" issues w/engine replacement and needs to go back to other dealer... wow... wtf.. they are talking to their warranty manager to see if they can work on it... it never ends w/this car.
That sounds scary, dealer techs don't give me much confidence

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well… new dealer can’t work on car till Ford approves… which it looks like they are. New dealer saying it’s a workmanship issue from previous dealer that put engine in. Waiting to see it’s approved then what issue is…

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well...no surprise Ford corp wont let other dealer work on it, has to go back. Ford towed to Ford dealer. (wtf) Original dealer that replaced engine has car now, spoke to GM of dealer, have his cell and is in contant contact. All this happened today... They dont hear anything... Dealer that could hear it says "things were missing" but couldnt tell me what but swear its a "workmanship" issue w/previous dealer. i dont know what the fuck to even say...do... going tomorrow to make the car make the noise... hope they are ready for a nice little drive... S - shift from 8 to2 and it'll damn sure make the noise.... :p fuck..

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
S to 8 to 2 sounds computer related imo

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Sooooo. Got car back… when they put it on lift and started looking when they bang on muffler it rattles…. So it looks like the guy that gutted cats let scrap from that get into mufflers and down. Makes sense since it only does it at high rpm’s while slowing down.
thia means I can order my cat back system now…. Thinking corsa but the borola factory is in my hometown so idk.
Sponsored