Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I actually have the gt350 headlight switch as well, due to putting the gt350 look front bumper on that took away my fog lights. Mine kept chiming on me because I had the parking lights on when I first installed it. Before I programmed the new cluster 2018, my would chime when I would back up for some reason, but once the asbuilt codes were put in with some help from another member it stopped chiming.
Lmao all of the chiming! Did you have the switch when you did the 350 swap though?

I thought it might be the switch since if you disconnect the switch and the driver door is open it chimes. But with the 350 cluster installed it chimes whenever the driver door is open. I’m betting the codes disabled it. I’m going to have to check out forscan as all I really want outside of the chiming to end is the gear indicator as I used sport and paddles all of the time. Will be fun to mess with. What cluster do you like better?
Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao all of the chiming! Did you have the switch when you did the 350 swap though?

I thought it might be the switch since if you disconnect the switch and the driver door is open it chimes. But with the 350 cluster installed it chimes whenever the driver door is open. I’m betting the codes disabled it. I’m going to have to check out forscan as all I really want outside of the chiming to end is the gear indicator as I used sport and paddles all of the time. Will be fun to mess with. What cluster do you like better?
No I did not have the switch at the time. I like the 2018 Cluster alot better. Obviously the gt350 comes in second and looked alot better than the factory one just wish it would of worked better. I actually got it for $110 shipped from LKQ, I think they did not realize what they had at the time.
I believe their is asbuilt codes for the door chimes and horn honks if I'm not mistaken.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
No I did not have the switch at the time. I like the 2018 Cluster alot better. Obviously the gt350 comes in second and looked alot better than the factory one just wish it would of worked better. I actually got it for $110 shipped from LKQ, I think they did not realize what they had at the time.
I believe their is asbuilt codes for the door chimes and horn honks if I'm not mistaken.
Dang $110 lol

That’s cool I’ll see soon if the switch tops the chimes then. I don’t use the fog lights so I don’t care about losing those. I did want the 350 bumper already :lol:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I just rated this thread 5-stars - such excellent tech info and kudos to all of the folks who are taking on the challenge (and making this available to all)!!!

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting in to sort this out.

Will this be any harder/easier on a 2017 Manual/PP car as opposed to an automatic?

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

Will this be any harder/easier on a 2017 Manual/PP car as opposed to an automatic?
So far (to my knowledge) all of the issues that have been encountered have been unrelated to the transmission functions so I would not think this would be any easier in a manual car. 15-17 are of the same generation and likely will all behave similarly. Now there is a chance that the 17 steering wheel control module won’t throw errors in programming due to having updated software but that chance is small.

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
So will someone be publishing a guide with a full breakdown of parts/software required and a step-by-step of how to do this please?

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah, I think I'd like to see it working in a manual before I pull the trigger on it. Obviously someone other than [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] will be doing that LOL.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to give an update, I'm waiting on the heated steering wheel which I cannot order at this time. I wanna try to get these switches working and I want to see if the wiring is different in that steering wheel compared to what the 15 and 17's have. I know the lower end 18 has same switches as mine as well.

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an ongoing email exchange with Mike at AutoNation Ford in MN re: parts quote for my manual transmission 2017 car. I found a car similar to mine, but obviously a 2018 with 401a - which for 2018 is no longer the audio upgrade - that is a standalone option. Instead, for 2018 the package 401a “Premium Deluxe” means the 12” full LCD cluster and nav. He is using that VIN and checking with Ford to confirm part #’s - said he has helped others here but wants to be sure of what the correct parts are. The Pony button bottom-right cluster for steering wheel, bezel and cluster. He confirms that a cluster from him would come programmed with mileage. He is not sure about other coding but Forscan is our friend there. From reading this thread it seems that I will also need to see about a beta for MY 2018 Fords. Another cool mod would be to retrofit active valve exhaust from a 2018...
Nice one. I don't quite get what you mean when you say "nav". Is it the SatNav? I thought that was part of Sync 3?

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have an ongoing email exchange with Mike at AutoNation Ford in MN re: parts quote for my manual transmission 2017 car. I found a car similar to mine, but obviously a 2018 with 401a - which for 2018 is no longer the audio upgrade - that is a standalone option. Instead, for 2018 the package 401a “Premium Deluxe” means the 12” full LCD cluster and nav. He is using that VIN and checking with Ford to confirm part #’s - said he has helped others here but wants to be sure of what the correct parts are. The Pony button bottom-right cluster for steering wheel, bezel and cluster. He confirms that a cluster from him would come programmed with mileage. He is not sure about other coding but Forscan is our friend there. From reading this thread it seems that I will also need to see about a beta for MY 2018 Fords. Another cool mod would be to retrofit active valve exhaust from a 2018...
My button still do not work I need to get a hold of a 2018 steering wheel to see if the wiring is different I tried programming mine and I cannot get them to work the only button I've gotten to work is the nav button that puts the phone on my instrument cluster otherwise none of the buttons on the pony one work as they should. Sorry the phone button works and activates sync as well. The bottom right button mutes.

Last edited:

Hellrungm1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anybody know if the new 2018 analog gauge with the halo lighting would fit into the 15 more easily then the 12” digital?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So will someone be publishing a guide with a full breakdown of parts/software required and a step-by-step of how to do this please?
JR3Z9C888AA
SWITCH ASY - CONTROL Price: $18.64

JR3Z9C888EA
SWITCH ASY - CONTROL Price: $18.52

JR3Z9C888CA

JR3Z-10849-JB
Instrument Cluster LCD Automatic
$1,303.56

JR3Z-63044D70-BA
Panel Cover- Instrument Cluster Cover (Satin color) does not match mine from 2016, had no idea
$181.57

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
PM me for software Forscan beta. I was able to turn off the active exhaust error, so I would imagine we could add as long as we have the exhaust and whatever module to open close the valve in the exhaust. I plan on doing this as well possibly in a while.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
JR3Z9C888AA

JR3Z9C888EA
SWITCH ASY - CONTROL Price: $18.52

JR3Z9C888CA

JR3Z-10849-JB
Instrument Cluster LCD Automatic
$1,303.56

JR3Z-63044D70-BA
Panel Cover- Instrument Cluster Cover (Satin color) does not match mine from 2016, had no idea
$181.57
Yeah they got rid of all the chrome pieces (well most of them I think) :D

I did not know about it but it came up in a few reviews.
Sponsored