2018 gauge cluster retrofit

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Another question, did the high beam indicator work before the cluster was programmed?
Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Also appears as though temperature, compass, and sync 3 information is displayed correctly! Big plus as I was not sure if sync 3 would integrate correctly. Now it is just down to high beam indicator and pony button...
I could live without that stuff. Or at least until it got figured out. This seems a go for me except the programming but I could learn that.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Another question, did the high beam indicator work before the cluster was programmed?
no clue, i did not try that out.

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
Excellent Work Man

Yes I changed, played with three lines of asbuilt to disable active exhaust and get the select switch drive modes to work. When I use navigation it shows in the cluster as it should. I need to find out how to order the heated steering wheel. I cannot find it on ford parts web.
You rock :headbang:

As as software DEV, this has made my night . I have just downloaded Forscan and I am ready to do this to my car... :)

I am willing to install this on my system and to "fine tune" the process :D

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I could live without that stuff. Or at least until it got figured out. This seems a go for me except the programming but I could learn that.
As I posted before. Once everything is ironed out, if p6cl is willing to share his ABD then we can get a list together of what to program to make this easy for users.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
As I posted before. Once everything is ironed out, if p6cl is willing to share his ABD then we can get a list together of what to program to make this easy for users.
:headbang:

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
So here are a couple of more questions:

1. Does the cluster recognize that those of us with automatic transmissions only have 6 gears

2. Can one disable the drive-mode indicators in the cluster (I take it one can since [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] was able to disable the active exhaust part)

3. How much has this cost thus far?

4. Were you able to get the milage to display correctly (meaning is the milage shown in the video actually how many miles you have put on it, or was it locked from another car)?

One final thought - if either [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] happen to be coming to the Sacramento area, let me know...drinks are on me :D :cheers:

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So here are a couple of more questions:

1. Does the cluster recognize that those of us with automatic transmissions only have 6 gears

2. Can one disable the drive-mode indicators in the cluster (I take it one can since [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] was able to disable the active exhaust part)

3. How much has this cost thus far?

4. Were you able to get the milage to display correctly (meaning is the milage shown in the video actually how many miles you have put on it, or was it locked from another car)?

One final thought - if either [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] happen to be coming to the Sacramento area, let me know...drinks are on me :D :cheers:
Yes the gears are as they should be from the PCM, I had a tune to begin with from Lund and AED that both allowed those to show in my normal Instrument Cluster as well. NICE

Cost so far was $
Order Content
Part Number
Part Name
Price
Quantity
Total
JR3Z-10849-JB
Instrument Cluster
$1,303.56

JR3Z-63044D70-BA
Panel - Instrument
$181.57

Subtotal:
$1,485.13
Promo discount 5%:
-$59.26
Shipping (USPS Mail):
$34.79
Total:
$1,460.66
Mileage was set by Tasca when I ordered it NEW, they did ask why I needed the Cluster and I told them mine was damaged. I just got this cluster 1 weak ago.

The drive modes did not work until I programmed it correctly with the asbuilt codes.

Last edited:

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
So then it looks like we will have some more programming issues to deal with because for those of us who are waiting for the salvage clusters, we will need to figure out how to program the mileage into the cluster and separate it from the vehicle it was on (i.e. data is VIN locked...and that might get tricky).

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For heated steering wheel....

Clockspring: http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2018&make=Ford&model=Mustang

Steering wheel: Looks like that section of Fordparts has not been updated and is just using placeholder descriptions... Not sure exactly which one is the heated wheel.

Other then that I believe you will need the control module which I have yet to be able to locate.
thanks ordered the clockspring to start. I will need your guys help for the heated steering wheel as I believe it needs wiring as in the other cars that added it. Fusion F-150 ect

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So then it looks like we will have some more programming issues to deal with because for those of us who are waiting for the salvage clusters, we will need to figure out how to program the mileage into the cluster and separate it from the vehicle it was on (i.e. data is VIN locked...and that might get tricky).
I just got the ODO changed on my GT350 cluster so it should be easy. The dealers won’t change it like people say though. What happens is you order the cluster through the dealer and the dealer puts in the order to a place in PA that programs the blank and then sends it out. You can order any of the clusters now. Though the digital clusters should show up used soon but how many is anyone’s guess. The GT350 clusters will have to be ordered new since they rarely get parted out.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
thanks ordered the clockspring to start. I will need your guys help for the heated steering wheel as I believe it needs wiring as in the other cars that added it. Fusion F-150 ect
Did you run into the constant chiming when the driver door is open like on the 350 cluster? I’m thinking it’s the headlight switch (I bought a GT350 switch so it will be interesting to see if the constant chimes go away.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you run into the constant chiming when the driver door is open like on the 350 cluster? I’m thinking it’s the headlight switch (I bought a GT350 switch so it will be interesting to see if the constant chimes go away.
I actually have the gt350 headlight switch as well, due to putting the gt350 look front bumper on that took away my fog lights. Mine kept chiming on me because I had the parking lights on when I first installed it. Before I programmed the new cluster 2018, my would chime when I would back up for some reason, but once the asbuilt codes were put in with some help from another member it stopped chiming.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I have pics of asbuilt as new, then PMI and asbuilt for 2018 and then what I had edited thanks to help of couple people in this form. I will share soon.
Sponsored