Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Well now just get it in. Take a pic of the side sticker that's on the cluster if you can. Good luck and always check in for help if you need it.
Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
He sent me a pic of the sticker. It's the same as mine.

Glad we're about to get another install on the ropes! Now you can put some miles on that car!!

I'm glad they price matched. Tax sucks for sure but it could have been worse.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
UPDATE. I got my cluster configured!!!! FORScan guys released a new beta for me. The dudes are amazing. They can do software better then Ford can! Incredible!

Link to beta software. Only use this if the current version DOES NOT WORK to program your cluster. This version could be obsolete very soon too: http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.14.test20180218.exe

It seems that the hardware part number is quite different in FORScan. The part number for manual is JR3Z-10849-LB For db252 it shows JR3T-10849-LG. For me it shows JR3T-10849-ALC. We also have different strategy's. Kind of odd the part number shows up differently in FORScan then what we ordered.

Known issues:

-7400 RPM redline. This is fine for some people but others (stock) will not want it. I'm going to dig into returning it to 6500rpm like it is when you first configure it.

-No high beams icon. High beams work there is just no icon for it

-Music doesn't show in the top. This seems to be an issue for me only though so I must have made an error somewhere.

Until I get the sccm/buttons in I can't go through any menus/change colors. So lots more stuff that doesn't work but only a few true problems that need to be fixed.
Getting the same error you were getting.. "Service procedure has been interrupted" when tring to program the IPC

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Just got my today from the local Ford Dealer..

It is part number JR3T-10849-ALC.

I was told this replaced the -LB part number.

And that the -JR3T was the same as JR3Z.

I was never able to get Tasca reason why they cancel my order and didn't ship the new part number. Was nothing but rude when I call and didn't seem to care to help or get my money.

Order from my local Ford and got it within one day.

Now I paid more for it, with tax... but they matched the price and the core charge.
I ordered all of the stuff from Tasca today before you posted this...I guess I better buckle up for a let down. :headbonk:

Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Now that you guys have the figured out the high beams, I'm excited to do this. I've had my steering wheel off, but looking at my dash and thinking what I have to rip apart to do this is freaking me out.

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Now that you guys have the figured out the high beams, I'm excited to do this. I've had my steering wheel off, but looking at my dash and thinking what I have to rip apart to do this is freaking me out.
There's an instrument cluster removal video on youtube you can follow. A business made one that sells a different colored cluster. It's honestly not bad at all compared to other vehicles I've done requiring the whole dash to come off haha.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
The breakdown of the dash and cluster removal is really a simple procedure in this project. I haven’t seen the video posted above but I bet it will show every step needed.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I should probably take some more pictures and make that step a little bit more detailed. It really isn't hard at all to do. I just kind of guessed when I was doing it and it worked out pretty well. It really is hard to break stuff. I've though I've broken the dash plastic more then once but I actually didn't. I've had all that trim off at least 5 times now.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Na

I haven't seen it yet, but is the high beam indicator working now?
Yes I figured that out the day I got my cluster programmed. If you check my spreadsheet out you can see what all is figured out. I’m on my phone now so I don’t have the link but it’s in the install guide thread.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Roger that, sorry

DallasEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Will probably be working on the car this weekend - anyone need me to check something [MENTION=29356]breeves002[/MENTION] need me to check my oil temp?

For the coding i just loaded 2018 as built data then reloaded my default as built data which made every feature work(I think) except "my color" & Headlights. My Color worked when I loaded all the 2018 as built data but stopped when I brought back over 2016 data. I think I saw the toggle for color in the spreadsheet but can't find it now - anyone know the block I toggle that in?
Sponsored