Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sam,

Thanks!! I was following that thread too when you first set it all up, but didn’t realize you had posted an update in the #2 posting for the 2018 supplemental info! Excellent info for sure.
No one has actually done the swap with a 2018 yet but from what I've been able to tell thats the extra tidbits those people need to know.
Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Wouldn’t the 2015-2017 HIDs have a greater draw than the 2018 LEDs (which are usually cooler and more efficient)?

If so, if you’re using a 2018 module in a 2016, is the conflict going to be that very draw of HID current, and it’s possible the FET is cutting the circuit?

I can understand the “flash to pass” continuing to work, as that is usually just a “blip” and not a continuous “on” - but if the BCM circuit is sensing a continuous on with excessive draw, it’s not going to allow the illumination of the high beam.

What does the wiring circuit look like for the headlamps between the 2015-2017 vs the 2018?

Has the high beam stalk changed part numbers between 2015-2017 vs 2018’s? Maybe it’s possible there’s something different about the internal stalk design or circuit, even though they both physically look the same externally.

Did someone already nail the above down and I missed it?
We are not using the 2018 BCM.

If you hold the switch in either direction, the high beams will operate until you release the switch.

I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams yet but I suspect they're very similar.

DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
We are not using the 2018 BCM.

If you hold the switch in either direction, the high beams will operate until you release the switch.

I haven't looked at the wiring diagrams yet but I suspect they're very similar.
Is that on the original SCCM or the 2018 swapped SCCM that works by holding the high beam stalk?

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is that on the original SCCM or the 2018 swapped SCCM that works by holding the high beam stalk?
2018 Swapped SCCM. The high beams work until you swap out the SCCM.

Ok Order of events here so no one has to ask what the problem is again.

1. Stock car. High beams work as they are supposed to.
2. Swap in new instrument cluster and buttons. High beams work as they are supposed to.
3. Swap in new SCCM. Flash to pass works. High beams will not stay lit. You can HOLD the high beams switch either forwards or backwards and they will stay lit as long as you are holding the switch.

Thats where we are.

DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
2018 Swapped SCCM. The high beams work until you swap out the SCCM.

Ok Order of events here so no one has to ask what the problem is again.

1. Stock car. High beams work as they are supposed to.
2. Swap in new instrument cluster and buttons. High beams work as they are supposed to.
3. Swap in new SCCM. Flash to pass works. High beams will not stay lit. You can HOLD the high beams switch either forwards or backwards and they will stay lit as long as you are holding the switch.

Thats where we are.
What does your SCCM as-built data look like? Have a screenshot?

I am mainly curious about 724-01-01 and 724-04-01

Example from 2018 mustang:
724-01-01 0020 4628 BB
try changing that 4 to a 2 (0 and 6 are other options)
^ HB Topology Config AHB 2.0 back to Legacy

AND/OR

724-04-01 4440 0000 B4
try changing that 4 to a 0, 8, C
^ Automatic High Beam Settings

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Dan, changing 724-01-01 to a XXXX 2XXX XX fixed it!

It also got rid of the two persistent codes in the SCCM... Goes to show it was an actual simple fix. Thats freaking awesome!

Thanks for putting UCDS to work.
[MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] - HIGH BEAMS FIX!

Dan, what is the proper SCCM configuration for AHB? 4628 in 01-01 and 4440 in 04-01?

Last edited:

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Excellent! So was that the last piece to the puzzle? Fully functional?

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Excellent! So was that the last piece to the puzzle? Fully functional?
Well.. yes and no. There is still one issue which I believe is software related.

My cluster has the 3 customizable digital gauges, then when you hit the down arrow it goes to the lines of text with the same gauges that are in the analog cluster. Hit it again and you have the skidpad.

DB252's cluster has the 3 customizable digital gauges, then has 3 or 4 pages of more digital gauges including Oil temp. The oil temp is NOT a selectable gauge for your 3 customizable one. Not on mine or his. If he scrolls down past the 4 or so pages of digital gauges he gets the skidpad. He has NO text line gauges like me and the analog cluster.

P6CL's cluster is the same as DB252's but theres NO oil temp.

As far as I know all 3 of us have IDENTICAL 720-06-01 lines of ABD. Actually thats false, mine is different, but I did try the same one as db252. I actually tried his ENTIRE APC ABD and it made no difference. Gauges stayed exactly the same.

I know other have different experiences with the gauges and I have no idea why. I put the GT350 oil temp gauge in to compensate. I like that better then the dumb vacuum gauge anyways. If I ever go boost I can put that in my cluster.

Also check the install guide page it has the known issues. Which really is only this one now.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome fixed high beams thanks, DanMc85 and breeves002 for trying it and posting. Also on a side note: my HSWM all of a sudden showed up before I programmed the headlights. I switched my tune back to AED tune earlier in the day yesterday. No idea if that is what helped.

Last edited:

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Well.. yes and no. There is still one issue which I believe is software related.

My cluster has the 3 customizable digital gauges, then when you hit the down arrow it goes to the lines of text with the same gauges that are in the analog cluster. Hit it again and you have the skidpad.

DB252's cluster has the 3 customizable digital gauges, then has 3 or 4 pages of more digital gauges including Oil temp. The oil temp is NOT a selectable gauge for your 3 customizable one. Not on mine or his. If he scrolls down past the 4 or so pages of digital gauges he gets the skidpad. He has NO text line gauges like me and the analog cluster.

P6CL's cluster is the same as DB252's but theres NO oil temp.

As far as I know all 3 of us have IDENTICAL 720-06-01 lines of ABD. Actually thats false, mine is different, but I did try the same one as db252. I actually tried his ENTIRE APC ABD and it made no difference. Gauges stayed exactly the same.

I know other have different experiences with the gauges and I have no idea why. I put the GT350 oil temp gauge in to compensate. I like that better then the dumb vacuum gauge anyways. If I ever go boost I can put that in my cluster.

Also check the install guide page it has the known issues. Which really is only this one now.
To me that sounds like a firmware difference between clusters. I believe P6CL and DB252 have the older generation before the revised firmware that yours received. As to why some gauges were removed and changed, not sure about that one. :shrug:

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
To me that sounds like a firmware difference between clusters. I believe P6CL and DB252 have the older generation before the revised firmware that yours received. As to why some gauges were removed and changed, not sure about that one. :shrug:
That was the same conclusion I came to. Mine also has a different part number then I ordered. It seems the -LB part (for manual MPH) is not in production anymore. The new part number is -ALB. They sent me a -ALB cluster (with a date marked last year on it) even though I ordered an LB.

[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20657]db252[/MENTION] do you know what the sticker on the side of your clusters said for the part number?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I do not know.

It may have said super secret special build with oil temp gauge. :D

If I ever get back into it I will look.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Just got my today from the local Ford Dealer..

It is part number JR3T-10849-ALC.

I was told this replaced the -LB part number.

And that the -JR3T was the same as JR3Z.

I was never able to get Tasca reason why they cancel my order and didn't ship the new part number. Was nothing but rude when I call and didn't seem to care to help or get my money.

Order from my local Ford and got it within one day.

Now I paid more for it, with tax... but they matched the price and the core charge.
20180309_135152-1209x1612.jpg
Sponsored