Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Rev 9 off of amazon

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
I hate the sound of my EBM. There is nothing you can do to make it sound acceptable, I have heard all the clips for three years. I don't know, maybe it because I love the way my 14GT sounds. I would prefer to have no sound, or as little as possible from my EBM. I am looking for an axle back from a Cadi or something. I can hear all your groans now. But that's just me.

Sponsored

BigChief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Coupe, 19 GT350
I hate the sound of my EBM. There is nothing you can do to make it sound acceptable, I have heard all the clips for three years. I don't know, maybe it because I love the way my 14GT sounds. I would prefer to have no sound, or as little as possible from my EBM. I am looking for an axle back from a Cadi or something. I can hear all your groans now. But that's just me.
I know the feeling, my last Mustang was a GT with a Magnapack CatBack and Catted X Pipe. I still havent found an exhaust that sounds good. Some sound better than others. I hear the MBRP Street/Race is the way to go for price and sound. I recently heard the Magnaflow Competition Street Catback and it sounds nice and deep. Not raspy, no drone and not super attention getting.... But it's $1200!!

Rick B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Magnaflow Competition Street Catback is the best sounding of all the offerings so far. imho

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I had a set of glasspacks on my EB. I thought it made it sound a little better but there is only so much you can do. It did deepen the tone and I heard more decel pops.

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
Any thoughts on only changing the downpipe and keeping the rest of the exhaust stock? I've listened to a number of aftermarket exhausts online . Like Rick, I'm not a fan of how they sound. I rather keep it as stock sounding as possible but I'd like to pick up more horsepower where I can. I'm looking at an MBRP catted downpipe that I plan to install next week. 3" to 2.25" where it will connect to the resonator. Many say it's an improvement, even with the stock exhaust but I keep looking at where it necks down to a restriction.

Oceanside_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I can guarantee you it doesn't. My Challenger has a 392 hemi, long tubes and no mufflers, I don't get yelled at when I'm at the track for it and the level there is 95dB.
I can guarantee it is definitely above 95db above 3K rpm. I have a GT so it may be different, but I have the full MBRP Race setup (LTH, Cat-back). At idle it comes in at 72db, at WOT lord only knows but the sound from the exhaust is nice enough that people only compliment and ask what system it is lol.

Sponsored

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
I can guarantee it is definitely above 95db above 3K rpm. I have a GT so it may be different, but I have the full MBRP Race setup (LTH, Cat-back). At idle it comes in at 72db, at WOT lord only knows but the sound from the exhaust is nice enough that people only compliment and ask what system it is lol.
The GT is completely different from the ecoboost in terms of sound levels. Most tracks don't really enforce the sound level anyways. I've never been kicked off a track or even had it mentioned my challenger was too loud. Not to mention most tracks measure at 50ft, where when you measured at idle of 72dBa you were probably pretty close. And the sound wave is moving away from the test device going down the track, so it is not a constant pressure. There are a lot of factors to consider which will change what the sound level actually registers at. The question was whether it would go over 94dBa at 50ft having the MBRP race on the ecoboost. Most likely no, it isn't above 95dBa at 50ft. I can say I highly doubt anyone will say its too loud for the track when everything I've been to with my challenger (LTH, no mufflers, no cats) nobody has said anything.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Any thoughts on only changing the downpipe and keeping the rest of the exhaust stock? I've listened to a number of aftermarket exhausts online . Like Rick, I'm not a fan of how they sound. I rather keep it as stock sounding as possible but I'd like to pick up more horsepower where I can. I'm looking at an MBRP catted downpipe that I plan to install next week. 3" to 2.25" where it will connect to the resonator. Many say it's an improvement, even with the stock exhaust but I keep looking at where it necks down to a restriction.
Let us know how that turns out, I'm thinking along the same lines. There are plenty of 4 cylinder cars that sound great, the Mustang isn't one of them. There's gotta be a solution.