Sponsored

2018 Ecoboost Audio Upgrade

moabu9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Ruby Red PP
I have a 2018 ecoboost PP with 101A so it has 9 speakers. I'm not an audiophile but I do want some cleaner sound. I'm not too interested in crazy bass but a little extra won't hurt. I'm hoping I can get some advice and tips for how I should move forward with any potential upgrades.
Would it be as simple as buying and installing new speakers? or do I need to deal with getting a different or more amplifiers?
Does anyone know, or know how to find out the frequency range of each speaker?
Amplifier Rating? and how many of them the car has?
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I have a 2018 ecoboost PP with 101A so it has 9 speakers. I'm not an audiophile but I do want some cleaner sound. I'm not too interested in crazy bass but a little extra won't hurt. I'm hoping I can get some advice and tips for how I should move forward with any potential upgrades.
Would it be as simple as buying and installing new speakers? or do I need to deal with getting a different or more amplifiers?
Does anyone know, or know how to find out the frequency range of each speaker?
Amplifier Rating? and how many of them the car has?
Read my post about adding a little bass. It will make you very happy.

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
The best addition I made to my Mustang was a JL Stealthbox and mono block amp.
What a huge difference!
It's not cheap, but it makes the whole 9 speaker system sound soooo much better.
I don't even have the bass turned up that high.

I heard that removing the center speaker can help too... You might want to search that.

I found the thread. Lot's of information:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...r-now-my-bass-from-the-doors-is-better.90179/

Last edited:

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
I think this is a very subjective area. FWIW, I do consider myself a bit of an audiophile and I have been very impressed with the performance of the base audio system in my 2018. For reference, my home systems have seen components from Hafler, Spica, Audio Alchemy, Wharfedale, Oppo, Musical Fidelity, Adcom, Dahlquist, etc, etc. I have also had some pretty decent factory car audio systems over the years (e.g., a couple Range Rovers, Audi Q7, VW Phaeton, etc.). Interestingly enough, probably the best factory system I ever owned was in a 2012 VW cc Executive (Dynaudio system). The base audio system, at least the one in my 2018, produces clean, balanced sound at level's loud enough to cause damage to your ears. Could it be improved? Of course. Just add time and money. But to my ears, it's totally satisfactory as is, IMHO.
Sponsored