Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

ghostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2017 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I might've figured it out through reading. the last two numbers are checksum and it doesnt matter what goes in there because the system checks it. correct me if I'm wrong anyone!
That's correct. The last two digits are checksum and system generated.
Sponsored

ymmv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP MT, 1966 289 Coupe
I used a strip of 1” wide expandable foam weatherseal (M-D Building Products) across the length of the steel beam. It expands from 1/4” up to 1”. I put it in back in late Nov and no play at all so far, it looks to be a nice tight fit OEM-like. I didn’t let the foam expand, I assembled the console and dash immediately after laying down the foam. I’m sure over several years the material will harden or shrink. The back of the cluster looks like a heat sink, but I didn’t think the electronics would give off enough heat to be a fire concern, probably just hastening the deterioration of the weatherseal. Then I would just open up the dash again and replace it I suppose.

Hi Everyone , I just did my cluster upgrade and was wondering if anyone put a littlefoam or something behind the cluster on that steel beam that runs across after cutting out that section of dash that needs to be removed so the cluster fits. I test fitted my cluster and it had a little play and was kind of tapping the beam with the back of the cluster. So I put about 3/4 of an inch of that white packing foam. It’s not styrofoam. It’s kind of harder than that black foam but not rock hard. Wondering if there will be a problem with the heat the cluster produces. Like melting or fire my main concern. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I used a strip of 1” wide expandable foam weatherseal (M-D Building Products) across the length of the steel beam. It expands from 1/4” up to 1”. I put it in back in late Nov and no play at all so far, it looks to be a nice tight fit OEM-like. I didn’t let the foam expand, I assembled the console and dash immediately after laying down the foam. I’m sure over several years the material will harden or shrink. The back of the cluster looks like a heat sink, but I didn’t think the electronics would give off enough heat to be a fire concern, probably just hastening the deterioration of the weatherseal. Then I would just open up the dash again and replace it I suppose.
Ok that’s sounds good thank you. I a foam that is kind of hard. They use it for lining the crates at my job to pack furniture. I’ll enclose a picture. I think it’s also good. I cut it to about 3/4 of an inch thick and contact cemented it to the beam. Where I circled in the picture is where I placed it. The circled area has a square piece and the center is a long piece.
0CFD624F-782E-4777-B3B1-035B5EDFDCE3.jpeg
32BDA536-ECA5-4328-8AFD-537802CF5A93.jpeg
564D7783-6253-48B4-B6A9-8E5FBFBCC6A3.jpeg
762E7240-6C03-460B-8CCB-1778A231FC6D.jpeg

Sponsored

ghostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2017 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Did just the install in my 2018 Ecoboost Premium, overall it was pretty easy. After configuring ABD (I used the baseline then changed for my options) I am getting a IPC DTC code U023A after programming. Anyone know what could be causing this DTC or how to figure it out? Everything seems to be working/functioning correctly. Thanks in advance!
20190804_084351_resized.jpg
The DTC error cleared after I changed my 720-01-01 address values to 8C0B 1464 6034. After researching as-builts for 2018's with digital clusters, I found there is a typo in the following base as-built values that need to be changed: Auto High Beams 720-01-01 XX*X XXXX X*XX B & 0 = Disabled F & 2 = Enabled.​

The values of the fourth digit (not the third digit) in the first octet and the second digit in the last octet need to be changed.
The base as-built should be revised from 720-01-01 XX*X XXXX X*XX to 720-01-01 XXX* XXXX X*XX.

Last edited:

Drpena13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
If you buy a used cluster, how do you handle the mileage situation? Will it just have whatever miles It had when removed from the vehicle?

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
You can increase the milage with forscan but can't decrease.

iishan9891

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ishan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017
Just did the Cluster Install this week and works like a charm. Thanks Divpreet for the assistance in understanding the programming and its not that hard.
Got the parts of a wrecked Mustang and changed the mileage using Forscan.
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-05 at 2.41.16 PM.jpeg
Capture.JPG

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Question for you guys. I did my cluster last week GT premium and now every time I turn the car off my steering feel goes to normal instead of comfort. Any input?

Sponsored

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Question for you guys. I did my cluster last week GT premium and now every time I turn the car off my steering feel goes to normal instead of comfort. Any input?
I have a 2015 Premium GT and prior to changing the cluster every time you turn the car off and restart it, it always goes back to normal until you change it with the toggle switch for the steering. Same goes if you switch the toggle to sport. Once you shut the car off and restart it, it also goes to normal drive mode. I haven’t paid much attention since I changed my cluster to see if it holds the memory from how I set it when I start driving yet. But I think it should stay the way it was prior to changing the cluster. Will let you know if it doesn’t. Next time I take the car out.

rizqalla93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Just did the Cluster Install this week and works like a charm. Thanks Divpreet for the assistance in understanding the programming and its not that hard.
Got the parts of a wrecked Mustang and changed the mileage using Forscan.
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-05 at 2.41.16 PM.jpeg
Capture.JPG
Hey man, I'm doing my cluster install this week. What ABD did you use in Forscan?

Jon 5.0 2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have a 2015 Premium GT and prior to changing the cluster every time you turn the car off and restart it, it always goes back to normal until you change it with the toggle switch for the steering. Same goes if you switch the toggle to sport. Once you shut the car off and restart it, it also goes to normal drive mode. I haven’t paid much attention since I changed my cluster to see if it holds the memory from how I set it when I start driving yet. But I think it should stay the way it was prior to changing the cluster. Will let you know if it doesn’t. Next time I take the car out.
Hey man, I'm doing my cluster install this week. What ABD did you use in Forscan?
Your best bet is to contact beeeves002 to send you a program specifically for your car. I’ve been reading that a lot of people have been getting error codes when they copy a car similar to there’s with an as built from motorcraft web site.

iishan9891

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ishan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017
I used the Base ABD from Sam and then modified as per the options I need to enable. Just to mention, make sure to use
1733 = 2018 Digital Normal Cruise value if its Non-Adaptive Cruise under SCCM value.

rizqalla93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks 300mag. It's disabled in my IPC code, but I'm still getting the U023A DTC error code. My IPC 720-01-01 line is 8C0C 1464 6034.
Did you ever get this DTC error code to go away? If so, what'd you change?
Sponsored