2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I contacted the guy I bought it from, and he said it sounded like it might have be defective and still under warranty...

As much as I hate to remove it, I think I am going to do that... It has done it one time, but it will not cure itself...

Not sure if he will upgrade me to the Bullitt or not, I really do not care, but worth the ask.

John
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
Finally got a chance and the money to install mine. Mine blinks also, but it might not be fully seated into the connection. Probably going to recheck that before i ask the seller about warranty.

It took a little bit, but i fixed most of the coding issues mine originally had. The only two problems are that i can't seem to fix the 4x4 error no matter what i change. And the reverse used to have steering lines on it, but doesn't anymore. It's not the end of the world, but i would appreciate any suggestions on how to go about fixing these.

IPM code: https://gyazo.com/546f885547914716a98f873d3cc31292

***EDIT***

So, couple hours after i posted this, the reverse steering lines seem to be back, even though i didn't change anything at all. 4x4 error still happens every boot though

Last edited:

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The reverse line thing seems pretty normal after having battery disconnected.

And the 4x4 thing was happening early in the thread also I believe. Did you look at the baseline from the Google doc?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
The reverse line thing seems pretty normal after having battery disconnected.

And the 4x4 thing was happening early in the thread also I believe. Did you look at the baseline from the Google doc?
Yeah, I looked at all of that. Adjusted everything to my parameters and fixed a couple problems it initially had like cross traffic fault and blind spot faults. But no matter what i change, it doesn't seem to effect the 4x4. And I looked through this thread, but nothing stood out as the actual fix in terms of the specific line item that fixed it.

And good to know for future reference for the reverse line.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
So, after recoding it for the 4th time, it doesn't have the 4x4 error anymore. Also tried taking it out and applying contact cleaner on the pins, still has the problem with blinking off occasionally, so guess i have to talk to the seller.

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Big credit for trying to fix the problem, Nyx, but it really sounds like you got a defective unit, unfortunately.

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
Hello got mine from ebay seller and i think its a bullit gauge cluster but i have a problem when i try to write as built data with base line from sam reeves it gives me error code saying service procedure has been interrupted and only does this in ipc and i cant program it plus i also got 4x4 error

Last edited:

SabrGhst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Roush Warrior Scout Stage 3 Phase 2
Has anyone done the kit from infotainment.com? I'm curious as to if its better to go with the infamous breeves kit or not?

Thanks.
Z4

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Has anyone done the kit from infotainment.com? I'm curious as to if its better to go with the infamous breeves kit or not?

Thanks.
Z4
I'm not sure what Sam's (breeves) current price is I know he mentioned ford had a price increase on parts but I suspect it's similar. With that said i haven't heard of that company in this thread so I would go with Sam. He has already proven himself to be dependable and provide any needed support afterwards. No regrets on my part going with Sam.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Personally I would go with Hellhorse or Sam... over infotainment.com They are both less expensive, for the same kit...

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I've obviously only bought one gauge cluster kit, but my experience with Sam Breeves was A++. He answered all my questions and asked a bunch of his own to ensure my cluster functioned properly right out of the box. He shipped my kit within a couple of days and it was packed positively bulletproof. All new parts, in the Ford bags and everything worked 100% right out of the box. I absolutely recommend going with him.

Yes, you can roll your own kit for maybe a few hundred less, but maybe some of the parts are used and then you've got to do all the Forscan fiddling. To me, a works out of the box experience with guaranteed support was totally worth the premium I paid.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Has anyone encountered these errors. i was in forscan today and noticed those.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
ipc1.PNG
ipc2.PNG
ipc3.PNG

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
Going to echo those above and say if you're even remotely worried about part quality/FORSCAN issues, just go with Sam.

This piece is too important to the safe operation of the vehicle to be playing roulette with some eBay unit or messing up the programming to save a few bucks which may end up costing you more in the long run.

The install is involved enough as is and you don't wanna get to the end only for the thing to not work. I'd pay the little extra for piece of mind and to support a fellow forum member.
Sponsored