2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Holy crap. Yeah importing from US seems like the better bet. MAN that sucks.

Yes you can't buy the SCCM alone. You have to buy the whole thing. We figured that out. Honestly its way easier since you most likely need a new clock spring too and not just the SCCM since there are 2 additional buttons added. The MFS' are extra since you already have the exact ones you need but all things considered the whole assembly isn't that expensive. At least here.
ah ok, so the SCCM unit was pricier than the US, but the bezel was like half the price. go figure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
ah ok, so the SCCM unit was pricier than the US, but the bezel was like half the price. go figure.
Was this the RHD bezel? Do you have the part number?

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Was this the RHD bezel? Do you have the part number?
yes, RHD

They work on different part numbers here.
2198276 (Panel - Instrument) is what i've got written here.
but on the system it did have a number similar to yours, the bit in the middle is the same but either side of the hyphens are different. I didn't write that down unfortunately :( although ford uk seem to work on these 7 digit numbers anyway

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Interesting.... If you have any way of getting the full number I would appreciate it. I'll post what you've given for now.

350_Horseman

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT350
Hey breeves002. So I guess this is a no go for us gt350 owners seeing that you can't raise the rpm read out? That sucks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey breeves002. So I guess this is a no go for us gt350 owners seeing that you can't raise the rpm read out? That sucks!
The digital RPM will probably go past 8k but the digital 'gauge' won't. So as of right now you're SOL sadly. Honestly if I owned a 350 I'd still put it in. Can use the digital gauge past 8k. Plus a stock GT350 you're probably shifting at about 8k anyways.

[MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION] any chance you can look through the as built and see if there is any setting for making the tach go past 8k?

350_Horseman

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT350
The digital RPM will probably go past 8k but the digital 'gauge' won't. So as of right now you're SOL sadly. Honestly if I owned a 350 I'd still put it in. Can use the digital gauge past 8k. Plus a stock GT350 you're probably shifting at about 8k anyways.

[MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION] any chance you can look through the as built and see if there is any setting for making the tach go past 8k?
That's true but I'm also not sure about the active shift lights come to think of it.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, since 7400RPM redline is the highest setting you can set the shift light at 7300 rpm maximum.

The whole cluster still turns red like the old one but it will turn red at 7400 rpm instead of whatever it does in the GT350. It is up to you.

That GT350 cluster is worth quite a bit of cash too. You can sell it to recoup some of the costs of doing the install.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Now we need a write up from you ;)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
All installed, prgrammed and working..

Success!

Thanks to everybody that made this happen and did all the research.
Excellent! How hard was the installation? Can you do a quick write-up as well?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION]
The dash cluster itself in the UK (still europe) is about Β£2600 (that's $3,606). Much cheaper to import from the states even with taxes and shipping.
Holy crap. Yeah importing from US seems like the better bet. MAN that sucks.
Yes, the price is unbelievably high. I will buy everything from the US and I will also figure out a way to have them brought to me without tax.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is the him making a quick write up a joke lol? Whats the point of having more then one haha.

If there are any parts that need to be made more clear let me know and I can edit it.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Is the cross traffic system fault message a glitch? I don't want to have any oddball warning messages when I complete mine. Also, ordered everything from Tasca and they cancelled my order for the SCCM portion because its backordered with no ETA. Probably just go local and place the order I guess.
Sponsored