Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Cuongpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Great job, this is what i'm waiting for!
I have two questions:
- How can I config the odometer of the digital cluster to match my actual mileage? And when I reverse the mod for selling or trading in, how can I edit the mileage of the old analog cluster?
- Is it gonna void the warranty or anything like that and what will Ford technicians act when they see the mod?
Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Great write up...

I have a base GT PP with no ambient lightning.

Will this cluster allow me to change the color PP gauges after I make the swap? Or do we know at this point.
Don't actually know. Are the PP gauges the same part number for the premiums and non-premiums? Its possible this will enable it.... It changes with one of the color settings. It has to be dark outside for them to light up colored. Even if you turn the lights on it still won't change from white until its dark if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Great job, this is what i'm waiting for!
I have two questions:
- How can I config the odometer of the digital cluster to match my actual mileage? And when I reverse the mod for selling or trading in, how can I edit the mileage of the old analog cluster?
- Is it gonna void the warranty or anything like that and what will Ford technicians act when they see the mod?
1. If you buy the cluster new they program the milage for you free of charge. Otherwise there are services that can change milage for you.

2. It won't void any warranty, you just don't have a warranty on the new instrument cluster more then a basic parts warranty. AKA if your cluster fails you can't just go into a dealer and tell them it failed and expect them to replace it. You'll have to send it in yourself.

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ordering mine today to add to my new ‘18!

Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Is this even worth getting for a base 17 gt? Meaning, would I need to spend money on a lot of extra things other than the cluster itself?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Is this even worth getting for a base 17 gt? Meaning, would I need to spend money on a lot of extra things other than the cluster itself?
Cheaper than getting an 18 :shrug:. Everything you need is in the first post, you gain the digital cluster and the customization that brings. Not sure if you really miss anything not having Sync 3.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I hardly use any of the sync stuff anyways so I might go down this road as I really do like the layout of it...any issues with me having an A6 and gear display?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The only thing you lose is no navigation in the cluster. You'll have a "nav" button on your steering wheel that won't do anything. [MENTION=33419]Sherrodmustang[/MENTION] is currently doing the swap in a base car. He's the first one to do it in a base car actually so you may wait until he's done it to see if there are any other feature loses.

So if you have a 6 speed auto there is no problem. It displays the gears like normal up to gear 6 of course. You just can't go past 6. Just make sure you purchase the cluster for the AUTO cars and it will display the PRNDM and gears just fine.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Sherrod then lol and thank you for the info.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Actually now that I think about it I think sherrodmustang may have actually upgraded to sync 3 first. I can't remember. It should work fine in a base car though you just dont have nav in the cluster.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Actually now that I think about it I think sherrodmustang may have actually upgraded to sync 3 first. I can't remember. It should work fine in a base car though you just dont have nav in the cluster.
Yes, sir.. you are correct.

I upgraded from the base radio to the Sync 3 with nav a few weeks ago.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Sync 3 isn't required for this is it?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sync 3 isn't required for this is it?
So no one with a base car has done the swap yet. This is brand new so thats understandable.

I believe it will work without any problems on a base car. I even wrote that into the guide. However, you won't have NAV of course. I'm 99% sure you won't lose any other features but I can't be certain until someone has done it.

I'd love for someone to try it so we can find out! The cluster should be returnable but you may check. You can always sell it too.

Edit: You may also not have the song title displayed in the top of the cluster if you don't have sync 3 but that hasn't been confirmed.
Sponsored