Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack
For any one with 2022 trying to do this. I had the plug in the trunk that I used the wiring harness for a gt500. Removed the wiring for the diff cooler. Everything was plug and play. Make sure you have the fuses, turn on turntable exhaust in IPC with forscan and activate the exhaust with a turn.
Can you explain this better. Maybe eve a few pic?

derwin252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erland
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Pretty much if you have the plug in the pic inside your trunk. It’s plug and play. All you need is the gt500 harness which is going to have an extra connector for dif cooler. You can delete it and replace the already connected EVAP harness with the one that came with the car because is too short. Every other plug should be plug be used. Turn on turntable exhaust in the ipc and in the PCM with a tuner. I already install everything so I can’t really show the part numbers but it should be an easy look up. The plug in the truck gos to the EVAP by default. The gt500 harness will replace it. I did some searching before post. The pic with the orange back ground is from eBay. That’s the one u need and you also need two of the ones going to the actuator. They are not the same part number as the other ones in the forum.

IMG_2221.jpeg

IMG_2220.jpeg

IMG_2219.jpeg

IMG_2218.jpeg

IMG_2217.jpeg

IMG_2225.jpeg

IMG_2226.png

derwin252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erland
Vehicle(s)
That harness is still on eBay just search gt500 active exhaust harness. The two for the actuators should be PN KR3V - 14B599- DA x2. Sorry I should have taken notes but I was winging it because my car was different. Hope I helped.

thirdoptik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack
That harness is still on eBay just search gt500 active exhaust harness. The two for the actuators should be PN KR3V - 14B599- DA x2. Sorry I should have taken notes but I was winging it because my car was different. Hope I helped.

Your efforts are much appreciated. I have a 2018 GT PP1 and was trying to make heads or tails of what I have going on on this side. Thanks!!!

Sponsored

Diodict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Conv
Anyone know the situation on the 24 gt, or is there a similar thread? Are the wires there?
Hi, I am working on retrofitting AE on non-AE model. I haven't checked under my vehicle if there is a wire but I found many codes need to work on Forscan.
Have you done adding AE on yours?

Rooz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Finally completed the factory active exhaust project on my 18. I have to say I am very impressed! I didn’t expect quiet to be this quiet. The difference is night and day, It’s really great!
I only wish the track mode was just a bit more louder and “opened up” with some burble. Maybe I should put H-pipes to make it so, but I’m worried that’ll make quiet not so quiet anymore.

derwin252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erland
Vehicle(s)
Finally completed the factory active exhaust project on my 18. I have to say I am very impressed! I didn’t expect quiet to be this quiet. The difference is night and day, It’s really great!
I only wish the track mode was just a bit more louder and “opened up” with some burble. Maybe I should put H-pipes to make it so, but I’m worried that’ll make quiet not so quiet anymore.
Get the h pipe it doesn’t change quiet mode that much. All I have is an h pipe on my 2022.

Rooz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Get the h pipe it doesn’t change quiet mode that much. All I have is an h pipe on my 2022.
Might try that!
I really need the quiet mode to be actually quiet, living in a dense neighborhood.
Sponsored