2018 4 in Screen Upgrade ?

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So I have a 2018 GT with the 4 inch screen and am looking to up grade to 8 in. i do not care if the new screen has NAV but would still like to maintain the radio and phone controls on the steering wheel. I saw a you-tube vid from American Muscle of a Raxiom unit that seemed to be just what I was looking for. I called American Muscle and they no longer carry this kit.
just wondering if anyone else has upgraded their 4 inch and if so what did you use and where did you get it.

Thx
Sponsored

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
back up

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I don't know anything about the Raxiom system. If you want true Android Auto there are at least two ways to get it. One way is expensive but takes very little time. 4dtech.com has a complete upgrade for right at 1900.00 for your year. More for the nav version. The other way is to read the thread in the audio section on how to piece together the system. It's cheaper but involves a lot more work to get it done.

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I went to local sound shop this WE they told me that Metra makes a dash kit to support converting to a 7 - 8 in screen. then i would have to just by a 7 in radio/CD/DVD of my choice. They also told me that with this particular kit i would maintain all steering wheel control's but not sync. On the other hand i went to a different audio shop last week end and they said i would not maintain steering wheel controls with the before mentioned set up. All together I would be looking at around 1k with parts and labor depending on what radio/DVD I choose....Just want to know for sure I will have steering wheel control's before pulling the trigger.

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I went to local sound shop this WE they told me that Metra makes a dash kit to support converting to a 7 - 8 in screen. then i would have to just by a 7 in radio/CD/DVD of my choice. They also told me that with this particular kit i would maintain all steering wheel control's but not sync. On the other hand i went to a different audio shop last week end and they said i would not maintain steering wheel controls with the before mentioned set up. All together I would be looking at around 1k with parts and labor depending on what radio/DVD I choose....Just want to know for sure I will have steering wheel control's before pulling the trigger.
Scoche makes a kit as well. Both have mixed reviews on functionality and reliability. A forum member here has a business that sells the kit using original Ford parts for a little lower price than the above mentioned source and it seems original Ford is the most problem-free way to get a big screen, but at a price. But for those who want an aftermarket head unit, maybe for features not available on the Ford unit, Scoche and Metra are the only options as far as I know. I think there are threads on these in this forum though they can be hard to find. Hopefully others with personal experience on these will reply here. I'll probably be in the market for this in the next few months myself. If all else were equal, I'd get the 301A package, but chances are the best deal for the car will not have 301A as it's not a common option on dealer lots.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you're looking at spending that much, just do a Sync 3 swap and be done. The guys that started the thread can get you a full kit much cheaper than the $1900 mentioned here or buy the parts on your own for a bit cheaper if you're lucky/resourceful.

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you're looking at spending that much, just do a Sync 3 swap and be done. The guys that started the thread can get you a full kit much cheaper than the $1900 mentioned here or buy the parts on your own for a bit cheaper if you're lucky/resourceful.
Who are the guys that I need to check with... I started this tread

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Who are the guys that I need to check with... I started this tread
I just recently decided to take this plunge. I chose the Sync 3 upgrade instead of the aftermarket route because the Scoche and Metra kits seem to have reliability problems and they replace the HVAC controls.
Sponsored