2018 4 inch screen upgrade ?

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So I have a 2018 GT with the 4 inch screen and am looking to up grade to 8 in. i do not care if the new screen has NAV but would still like to maintain the radio and phone controls on the steering wheel. I saw a you-tube vid from American Muscle of a Raxiom unit that seemed to be just what I was looking for. I called American Muscle and they no longer carry this kit.
just wondering if anyone else has upgraded their 4 inch and if so what did you use and where did you get it.

Thx
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I'd be interested to find out also.

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I went to local sound shop this WE they told me that Metra makes a dash kit to support converting to a 7 - 8 in screen. then i would have to just by a 7 in radio/CD/DVD of my choice. They also told me that with this particular kit i would maintain all steering wheel control's but not sync. On the other hand i went to a different audio shop last week end and they said i would not maintain steering wheel controls with the before mentioned set up. All together I would be looking at around 1k with parts and labor depending on what radio/DVD I choose....Just want to know for sure I will have steering wheel control's before pulling the trigger.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Keep it stock and contact Harness By Hextall to do the conversion...the larger screen sync 3 unit is actually a very decent stereo.

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Keep it stock and contact Harness By Hextall to do the conversion...the larger screen sync 3 unit is actually a very decent stereo.
Any ideal what cost would be ?

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Depends on your exact wants and needs. Send a PM to Chris@HBH or @HextallS550 since they run it, they can give you exactly what they do for you. I believe they were getting ready to even offer remote programming.
Sponsored