Sponsored

2018/19 PP spoiler; when removing are marks left on trunklid?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For those of you who have a 2018/19 PP (EB or GT) and have removed the factory PP spoiler, were marks left on the painted surface of the trunk lid?

I know there will be factory holes after removal, but I was wondering if there will be any blemishes or ruined paint/clearcoat if the factory spoiler is removed.

Thanks!
Sponsored

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
It should be fine unless something out of the ordinary happened during installation. You will have residue from the adhesive/sealer applied at the factory that will have to be cleaned off with care but other than that, it will be fine. I basically rolled the residue from my black accent spoiler (which has more residue than the PP1 wing) up with my finger, wiped the surface with some cleaner and a good microfiber towell and then did a quick polish with my DA. Looked factory new. Just take care in the initial step of separating the wing from the decklid. Breaking the seal with something like fishing line but be safer than prying. Dont ask me how I know.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Depends on timing. I've had mine off twice and there were never any marks left on the car. Just be careful cleaning up the old 3m (then again, Ford would probably use a cheap knock-off) that helps hold it down. But the longer it's been on, the bigger the difference weather and time will take on the original paint vs. what was covered by the footprint (which is quite large for the PP Spoiler). I had mine off at...I think 2k for the striping and then at 5k when I wrapped the spoiler and I never noticed anything out of the ordinary (after I finally cleaned off whatever double-sided crapola was on there).

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Removed my PP spoiler right after I bought it. Had some marks where the double sided tape adhered, but a couple passes of the buffer with a light cutting agent and it disappeared.

jpogi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Black Accent pkg
I basically rolled the residue from my black accent spoiler (which has more residue than the PP1 wing).
Is the black accent spoiler purely held on by double sided acrylic? No clips and holes in the trunk?

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Is the black accent spoiler purely held on by double sided acrylic? No clips and holes in the trunk?
No, it also is held on by stud/nut's. Pre-drilled holes from factory in trunklid.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Just recently removed the factory spoiler from my '19 GT and replaced with the PP1 spoiler I've had for quite a while. Finally got it painted to match. Use a good heat gun. I'll let you get the spoiler off without fishing line or a bunch of prying, and once the spoiler is off, run the heat gun over a section of tape residue, take an old microfiber rag and the warm piece with peel right up on the rag into a ball. Did that and zero marks / imperfections left on the trunk lid.
Sponsored