2017 mustang gt ebrake play

Ericlp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So my car has a lot of play in the ebrake before it engages and this causes my ebrake light to come on and beep constantly. I have tried adjusting the cable but cannot get any of the play out. My question is there an adjustment under the ebrake boot as well or do I have to replace my calipers or ebrake cable?
Sponsored

agmattocks

Unstabled Mate
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
UMMC 026 - 2021 MACH 1 w/ handling package
You may have an e-brake that is about to break. I had the same issues with mine until one day it just broke. I use my local ford service department for those things. I have them change my oil and do the e-brake adjustment.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So my car has a lot of play in the ebrake before it engages and this causes my ebrake light to come on and beep constantly. I have tried adjusting the cable but cannot get any of the play out. My question is there an adjustment under the ebrake boot as well or do I have to replace my calipers or ebrake cable?
Check the emergency brake cable and attaching assembly found under the driver side trans tunnel. This thread discusses how to adjust the cable and assembly, but the images will help you to see where/how the assembly works. It’s quite possible the cable just came off the assembly if the adjustment was too loose, allowing the assembly to hang low.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-adjust-your-parking-brake.25204/
Sponsored