2017 Mustang GT - confused

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Morning/Evening all,

I've been a Ford driver for years. Apparently, as one gets to mid life, one has a mid life crisis, and buys some expensive stuff :)

A few weeks ago, I bought a 2017 Mustang, V6. Had it for a week, and immediately traded it in for a 2017 Mustang GT, V8. I felt am at that age I can afford the insurance and will drive responsibly.

Now, I am confused. I've visited quite a few Mustang forums, but only joined one, this one, recommended by someone. Often, I see main forums titles and they all seem to say, S550. And I typically don't see a forum for just a GT, i.e. V8.

So, is a Mustang GT, a S550? Again, confused... :headbonk:
More questions to follow once this is confirmed; so that I post to the correct section...

Thanks
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
S550 is Ford's chassis generation designation for the 2015-2017 cars, that's all.

Like Corvettes are C1, C2, C3, etc.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Hello and welcome!!

I have learned a lot since I joined in March of this year!

All mustangs from 2015-2018 are the basic S550 model. The previous model was the S197.

I have spent many hours reading old posts learning about these cars as this is my first mustang. I traded in my Thunderbird to buy one.

BTW...I realized I was not old, responsible and mature enough for a GT...so I bought one hoping it would make me that way.

Fail!

Enjoy!

CVCashmere

OP
OP
ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
...ah, mainly related to the engine block, body style and chassis.

Right, now to post my questions ;)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Morning/Evening all,

I've been a Ford driver for years. Apparently, as one gets to mid life, one has a mid life crisis, and buys some expensive stuff :)

A few weeks ago, I bought a 2017 Mustang, V6. Had it for a week, and immediately traded it in for a 2017 Mustang GT, V8. I felt am at that age I can afford the insurance and will drive responsibly.
Welcome aboard.

That 'mid-life crisis' thing covers quite a bit of ground, everything from "it's time I stopped buying everything for family utility reasons and treated myself a little" up to some fear of "I might not have much time left so I'd better treat myself while I still can".

Even if you've always bought cars with a strong enough hint of 'fun' about them that a Mustang isn't any more than a baby step in the 'crisis' direction, there's still something different about getting into a car that's focused on fun rather than practicality.

Now, I am confused. I've visited quite a few Mustang forums, but only joined one, this one, recommended by someone. Often, I see main forums titles and they all seem to say, S550. And I typically don't see a forum for just a GT, i.e. V8.
Many topics have applicability to all 2015-up Mustangs, hence this 'General' section. Matters specific to a GT would probably be found in the appropriate technical sections further down the list of sections page.

Norm
Sponsored