Sponsored

2017 just got Rear-ended

Acksman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby 350GT - Race Red w/ White Stripes
Well Merry Christmas, just got rear-ended by a big Yukon Denali Tahoe. Woman was looking at her phone. :doh:

So, since I am still settling down and have not called her insurance yet. Did file a police report.

Any suggestions on diminished value or how to word things?

Ugh, not even 3 months old and just got my permanent tags last week with 1200 miles.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
Sorry to hear. :( Hope everything is taken care of and you are back on the road soon. I personally have no experience with diminished value claim, but I suggest you pursue it aggressively.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Happened to me when I had 1200 miles on my car. Had it for maybe 3 weeks. Ended up being around $5,500 worth of damage except mine was animal related. The upside was I got a new front bump so I made sure no holes were drilled into it. Having it in the shop is the hard part. Mine was gone for a little over a week. Bumper, strut, wheel, tires, knuckle, condenser, PP lip, PP bellypan replaced.

Jumpman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2x ~8,300 RPMs: 08 S2K & 17 GT350
Oh man that's horrible :(

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Well Merry Christmas, just got rear-ended by a big Yukon Denali Tahoe. Woman was looking at her phone. :doh:

So, since I am still settling down and have not called her insurance yet. Did file a police report.

Any suggestions on diminished value or how to word things?

Ugh, not even 3 months old and just got my permanent tags last week with 1200 miles.

I will upload pictures soon.
Sorry to hear that. Car can be fixed, important thing is that you are ok. Hope the insurance company takes care of you properly.

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Did you call the police to the scene of the accident? It's better if they show up and assess the situation and write her a ticket for a moving violation, failure to maintain control of the vehicle, etc.

OP
OP

Acksman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you call the police to the scene of the accident? It's better if they show up and assess the situation and write her a ticket for a moving violation, failure to maintain control of the vehicle, etc.
Yes I did and they did a police report.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
281-741-1670 is the number for the company I used for diminished value

Ask for Ken,

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

She failed to see a race red mustang with a white stripe. :crazy:

You should call both your and her insurance soon. Same day, or at least within 24 hours.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Let me guess... she was on her phone.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Acksman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You should call both your and her insurance soon. Same day, or at least within 24 hours.
Thanks, I did call both and have filed with hers.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
That's going to be pretty bad. That's similar to what happened to my GT, several months after purchasing it last year. Yours actually "looks" much worse although I would assume the damage is pretty similar.

Long story short, my repair on my GT ended up being over $10k (after supplements). It was in the shop for about a month. That said, they did a fantastic job and actually "fixed" some of Ford's horrible panel and glass alignment defects.

As for DV, it varies state by state. In MD where my accident happened, I wasn't able to really initiate the process until after the car was fully repaired and returned to me. At that point, you'll need to find a DV expert in your area to do a full report on DV for your car. This can usually be accomplished for maybe $250 - $400. At that point, you'll have a report you can take to the other person's insurance, and show them what you expect.

In my case, the DV estimate was high enough that it was suggested that I get a lawyer on board right away. The downside to this is that, of course, they will be taking 33% of the settlement. However, having a lawyer definitely lets the insurance know you're serious and obviously they can handle all of the paperwork and negotiations.

In the end, my settlement was in the neighborhood of $7,500 or so. I can't remember exactly. I would expect ~$10k or so for yours. Just be ready for it being a long process. I think my settlement came about a year after I got my car back from being repaired.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Acksman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all , I just called the company Wblv17 recommended and they were a tremendous help on DM process.

I will be using them to help recover the value.

Wblv17, I don't know your real name but let them know it was you that had me call so you can hopefully get a perk.

This is the company just in case anyone is curious - http://www.wreckcheck.org/

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow

To be fair, the dumbass who rear-ended my car failed to see a bright yellow Mustang!

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
To be fair, the dumbass who rear-ended my car failed to see a bright yellow Mustang!
I have driven beside the texters and some of them go quite some time before briefly looking up. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that they won't notice triple yellow and race red. I run a rear facing dash cam these days. That won't prevent an accident but it can generate an interesting youtube video.
Sponsored