Sponsored

OP
OP

AshelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350R, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 E63 AMG, M3
Go with the 4 post if you are looking for easy install, low maintenance and a breeze to put a car in the air. Your not crawling on the ground moving arms and hoping you have the balance right. Most of my work is oil changes, detailing and just extra car storage. Get the "jacking tray" if you will be pulling wheels.
Sorry new to this post stuff... Is yours a benpak? Do they set up the install or do you have to find independent folks for that?

I'm using for storage As I'll do the rest at my mechanics shop were my track wheels

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Id do 4 post then. Dont know the reqirements for securing to the floor...looks like it would take a heck of a lot of bolts and a large base platform. The 4 post you can actually move with casters if needed and dont even need to bolt to the floor.
I need to find my in floor pex lines before i do the 2 post. If i cant im doing the 4.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Congrats on the R! I'm in the market for one at $10k over, but haven't had any "real" luck. Just shady dealers not willing to put anything in writing...

As for the 4 post lift, I have a Quality brand lift. Love it. I'm in Raleigh, NC if you'd like to check it out... Six Forks / 540 area. (I'm impatient, so I'll probably give up and get another Viper instead.)

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Congrats on the R! I'm in the market for one at $10k over, but haven't had any "real" luck. Just shady dealers not willing to put anything in writing...

As for the 4 post lift, I have a Quality brand lift. Love it. I'm in Raleigh, NC if you'd like to check it out... Six Forks / 540 area. (I'm impatient, so I'll probably give up and get another Viper instead.)

Nice, I'm a Mopar fan as well. I'd have a Viper if it were comfortable for me. When I sat in one I felt like I had to duck in order to see out of the windshield. The seat was all that way down on the floor as well...:shrug:

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
That's how they are...it feels like you have a ball cap on and pulled down to your eyebrows....ha ha

I just lean the seat back...they are snug, but comfortable once you're sttapped in

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This is exactly what I was looking at. No tray to move. Twice the money. Anyone have a AC?
Yeah they are pricy, someone local with a similar stable is getting one for the same reason, takes up less floor space and is obstruction free.

I live in an earthquake state so I would go with the 4 post just for the stability

OP
OP

AshelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Love the viper. looked at getting a ACER but this R is just to good for the money. Now if you the ACER was 100k it would be a TOUGH call. Who installed the lift? local folks? Thanks for invite I might take you up on it.

OP
OP

AshelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Id do 4 post then. Dont know the reqirements for securing to the floor...looks like it would take a heck of a lot of bolts and a large base platform. The 4 post you can actually move with casters if needed and dont even need to bolt to the floor.
I need to find my in floor pex lines before i do the 2 post. If i cant im doing the 4.
Good questions. Honestly until I got this window sticker I didn't think about the R to much after I gave them my deposit as I didn't really believe it would come thru. So, I'm just now thinking about the lift. You make a good point on the no bolt vs casters. I know my builder looked up the concrete amount needed for a bolt in 7 or 8,000 vehicle lift before he poured the concrete so we didn't have to worry so I'm fine either way I'm sure but will check the specifics on both one post (AC Lift) and Benpak 4 post.

OP
OP

AshelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, I'm a Mopar fan as well. I'd have a Viper if it were comfortable for me. When I sat in one I felt like I had to duck in order to see out of the windshield. The seat was all that way down on the floor as well...:shrug:
love the garage by the way!

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Love the viper. looked at getting a ACER but this R is just to good for the money. Now if you the ACER was 100k it would be a TOUGH call. Who installed the lift? local folks? Thanks for invite I might take you up on it.
Quality and Challenger brands are essentially the same. They are a little more pricy than the Chinese made lifts, but I wanted something that would last. I had a local vendor deliver and install it.

Came up to $4,300 installed with metal drip trays. I can get you the information if you ate interested. I just PM'd you my information if you want to check it out.

Would love to check out R when you get it. BTW, if you are ever in the market for a Viper, I have THEE hook up. At OR below invoice pricing.

-Marko

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Being at the right place at the right time has much to do with it. That AND it helps to be a good fellow. You checked those boxes with the help of a fellow Canadian.

With actually digging for a 5k here in the states you would probably have to contact 2000 dealers to MAYBE get a 5k.
A friend helped me get two 10k allocations...and they were'nt easy. I know he contacted over 800 dealers.. i was utterly annoyed at around the 250 mark.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Wow! another lucky SOB :D You did well! Realize your story and AshelbyR are far outside the norm and people should not expect to reproduce your results.

So in principle, we agree. The only thing I didn't think you could do was pull off a 5K ADM for the car, but you've already checked that box. Congrats!
I am a VERY lucky SOB indeed :D

Just happened that a user on here stumbled across my thread and happened to reach out to me. Never expected to have a chance at getting an R, but luckily will be taking delivery hopefully in a few weeks or by the end of August!

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Take it to the ADM thread folks. Any further thread derailment will be deleted.

OP
OP

AshelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you...try having your first thread ever about being excited to get a R and having it taken over by ADM know it all. Bummer for sure. I do look forward to learning from those that know much more than I about these wonderful cars. Thank you to the informative positive folks I appreciate your Imput on this thread and I guess we should shut it down and move on.
Sponsored