2017 GT350 Order Guide

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
FWIW, my local dealer doesn't have any info about order bank open dates or '17 allocations yet either. He's pretty on top of the dates Ford gives him too.
Same here
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't know much about ordering a car. Please forgive me. Could I just go online and build/order a GT350? Or is just based on allocations at the dealer and the dealer can charge ADM anyways?

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't know much about ordering a car. Please forgive me. Could I just go online and build/order a GT350? Or is just based on allocations at the dealer and the dealer can charge ADM anyways?
So most automakers have a "Build and Price" function on their website, but that is mostly intended to give you a rough idea of how you can order a car and what it will look like and cost with different colors/trim levels and options. I believe Ford's B&P tool does have the capability to send the car you "built" to your local dealership and they will contact you about actually ordering it.

But the better bet is to use the B&P tool to figure out how you would like to have the car configured and then take that information into a dealership that you trust.

There is another aspect, though, with GT350s, as yes, only certain dealers get an allocation for them, and many to not get any. So you need to find a dealer that has allocations and then work with them to order what you want for a fair price. With 4-5000 GT350s now having been built, I'd expect the ADMs will start to fall (at least on standard 350s), and once the 2017s arrive, I suspect left over 2016s will probably sell at sticker. Just my two cents...

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
2017 Job #1 was originally scheduled for June 2...........does anyone know if this date has been pushed back ?

pa93cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Guard Mustang
I may be able to get into the dealership Friday afternoon instead of Saturday. I will report back what I find out. I have ordered new Mustangs in the past and have nave been led astray by the dealership, but I guess there is always a first time.
Well, looks like there is a first for everything. My salesperson called me today to let me know they did not receive any info on 2017 allocations but instead received another 2016 allocation. The dealership has no idea when the order bank will open for 2017, so I decided to pull the trigger on the 2016.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
A dealer I was first on the waiting list for a 2017 called me today to ask for my order. Since I had a 2016 ordered elsewhere I passed it on to the next on the list. So it is starting to happen.

ssr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pickup
My order was placed yesterday, dealer was able to get into ordering system then system went down. No pricing yet. Lightning blue.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My order was placed yesterday, dealer was able to get into ordering system then system went down. No pricing yet. Lightning blue.
I spoke with my dealer and he could not get into the order system yesterday so something not right here?

If pricing has not been established for the 2017MY and for the GT350/GT350R's orders will then not be accepted.

My understanding is that the 2017 order banks are now open for Mustangs but not for the GT350 cars.

Keep us all posted with respect to getting your order accepted and then receiving a VOC from Ford.

:cheers:

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
So where are the two extra speakers going? Are these the mid-range speakers that are in the upgraded GT with Shaker sound system? Does the head unit have to be changed to support this new speaker configuration, or is it simply a matter of the crossovers of the speakers doing the work? Also, if they are mid-range speakers, I am assuming they are also in the door and that the door panels are different.

Thanks.

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
2017 Job #1 was originally scheduled for June 2...........does anyone know if this date has been pushed back ?
Excerpt of an email from my Ford Rep 4/27/16:

"Good Morning Steve,

I’m excited to say that I will be collecting 17GT350R orders this week from those that have earned 17GT350R allocation. These order numbers would be for units that will be part of JOB 1, which would be June 2, 2016 (if all goes according to plan). These orders don’t get scheduled until the OKTB is achieved, so you should expect this unit to be picked up for scheduling after the OKTB which is estimated to be around Mid-June. Again, this is all if everything goes according to plan. Please be understanding to the fact that production can incur some complications of which timing/dates can be affected."

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Ah, so that sounds like the lag between the standard Mustangs and the GT350 Mustangs being produced. So yeah, could easily be 7/1 before GT350s start being produced.

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
Ah, so that sounds like the lag between the standard Mustangs and the GT350 Mustangs being produced. So yeah, could easily be 7/1 before GT350s start being produced.
I take it to mean that production of the 2016 350s end June 1, and 2017 can start June 2 (fiscal year). As far as when actual 2017 production begins depends on the as-of-yet-undetermined OKTB date (not sure what that is).

Reference to mid-June start date seems optimistic, considering 2016 production history, and disclaimer in email about unforeseen circumstances that might delay production.

I'm cautiously optimistic on a delivery date by October - if sooner, great, but not holding my breath.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
I'm sure they want to start production as soon as possible.

Certain employees likely only work on these cars (engine builders for instance) and since there aren't any evident tooling changes they probably don't want or need any significant interruption.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I take it to mean that production of the 2016 350s end June 1, and 2017 can start June 2 (fiscal year). As far as when actual 2017 production begins depends on the as-of-yet-undetermined OKTB date (not sure what that is).

Reference to mid-June start date seems optimistic, considering 2016 production history, and disclaimer in email about unforeseen circumstances that might delay production.

I'm cautiously optimistic on a delivery date by October - if sooner, great, but not holding my breath.
I feel confident they will get at least a couple hundy Rs built and shipped before the cold weather in year 16. Ford has at least a mustang refresh coming in 18 MY so im sure they wanna make sure they are ahead of the curve

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Looks like folks have already had cars scheduled for early June, so no hiccups or delays in the transition from 16 to 17.
Sponsored