2017 GT350 Long Term Maintenance

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hi all - owner of a 2017 here and now the car is approaching 6 years old (almost 15k miles on the clock) i wanted to check if there was anything prudent to do/check/replace?

I just had all the fluids flushed and monitor the obvious things like tire and brake wear and oil level.

I was wondering if anything in the suspension setup will need attention (bushings or part of the magnaride) or perhaps anything else in the engine bay. Prevtative items would be on my list as well since Iā€™m planning on keeping the car basically forever (not just looking at this from the perspective of dealing with things only when they break or if Iā€™m forced to deal with it).

Any thoughts are welcome!
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
If you are keeping up with fluids and oil changes, you should be good at that mileage. I just broke 10K on mine.

OP
OP
jamesb1986

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you are keeping up with fluids and oil changes, you should be good at that mileage. I just broke 10K on mine.
Thanks for the reply - at what point do you think time will come into the equation vs the mileage? Iā€™m thinking things like rubber tubing etc? Perhaps I should mention Iā€™m in Southern California.

Im thinking that at some point in the near future (maybe the 8 year mark) it might be a good idea to have a competent mechanic do a thorough health check on all components/areas. Just trying keep this car in tip top shape for the long long haul!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I think you might be overthinking it juuussttt a tiny bit. Most of the stuff on the car is like any other car; fire and forget. Like Bluelightning said, keeping up on any and all fluid changes is your best bang for the buck. Bushings and bearing and suspension stuff will go tens and tens of thousands of miles without batting an eye. Obviously replace stuff as it breakes, but other than that...

Your in SoCal, so that'll have some differences, but nothing major. If it's a garage queen, then no worries. A daily driver in that uber dry heat will wreak havoc on rubber and such (think door seals, stuff like that). I had a '91 Mustang that lived outdoors in CA for a few years and it completely ruined that car, no matter how meticulous I was. Just keep an eye on stuff, is about all you can do.

The only question I still have even for myself is the magneride. Normal shocks wear out. It's a wear and tear item no different from brakes. But I'm not sure about Magneride. I'd like to know if those are replacment items like a typical shock.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
The heat will get to the accessory drive belts. There is a main serpentine belt and one for AC. Fairly easy to change and save that worry as they get old.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™ve had a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 diesel since new. It was a work truck that hasnā€™t seen a garage in its lifetime. Itā€™s also been in a desert climate climate that whole time.
My serpentine belt just got changed at 100K as a precaution before a 4K mile trip.
The truck has been a beast but the paint has failed. Time to begin a build turning it into a hunting vehicle. A dry climate can be hard on seals but thatā€™s a cheap replacement. Zero rust is the benefit.
What part of California are you in? Climates vary big time.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
A serpentine belt should be good for a 100K in any climate. I've never replaced one of those for any reason other than preventative, and never sooner than 100K.

OP
OP
jamesb1986

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Iā€™ve had a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 diesel since new. It was a work truck that hasnā€™t seen a garage in its lifetime. Itā€™s also been in a desert climate climate that whole time.
My serpentine belt just got changed at 100K as a precaution before a 4K mile trip.
The truck has been a beast but the paint has failed. Time to begin a build turning it into a hunting vehicle. A dry climate can be hard on seals but thatā€™s a cheap replacement. Zero rust is the benefit.
What part of California are you in? Climates vary big time.
West Hills just west of LA. I guess Iā€™m thinking a bit too much about it but it being a special car to me and one I want to keep in the family for another generation my mind started to wander!

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
A serpentine belt should be good for a 100K in any climate. I've never replaced one of those for any reason other than preventative, and never sooner than 100K.
I replace them at the beginning of every track season. The heat is a killer here in TX.
Weā€™ve had many a club memberā€™s AC belt fail and take the serpentine belt with it.
Simple swap and keep the previous one in the trunk as a spare.
Sponsored