MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm definitely getting one of these for the new ride really soon - when I was doing my feature comparison grid when I was knocking around some alternatives, this was one of the "equalizers" for top operation. :)
Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I'm definitely getting one of these for the new ride really soon - when I was doing my feature comparison grid when I was knocking around some alternatives, this was one of the "equalizers" for top operation. :)
Just the one touch feature makes it worth it. Makes me wonder why it wasn't programmed like that in the first place.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just the one touch feature makes it worth it. Makes me wonder why it wasn't programmed like that in the first place.
Oh, they probably had to put in extra dummy-proofing for legal reasons. It is silly though, I mean, the top has a physical latch/lock, so it's not like someone could accidently open the top (one touch or not ...)

JayHij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 2.3L Turbo Premium Mustang Convertible (almost FBO and FP Tune)
Let me know. I have one for sell.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Anyone else thinking of selling their module? Let me know. Thanks

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Stoked, I'll have mine on Friday!

I was going to do this on the previous ride for like the last couple of years, just never pulled the trigger. Anyway, I'll do a little update when I get it configured/installed/etc.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Stoked, I'll have mine on Friday!
It came today, it was like a 20 minute install. Tucked the module itself into some existing wiring, left the USB cable connected, it's just under the seat, and easily accessible. I didn't fully remove the side panel, once it's loose, it's pretty flexible, so easy to get out of the way enough to reach the connector, install the new harness, drop the module connector down and out of the panel.

I'm set for latch release down ("auto" mode), one touch up, ~19MPH operation*, and no auto-Sport mode (not even sure that works, but don't want it).

* FYI, the operate at speed override is only to start the top operation, if you speed up past the configured speed, you'll get the dash warning ("Speed too fast for top"), but it still keeps on working (just clear out the message like usual). Right at 20 MPH seems like a reasonable speed, where it's not much different than sitting in my car during a nor'easter lowering the top. :)

it's so much better, very highly recommended.

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
I have mine programmed for 50kph, about 30mph. I have put the top up at about 40kph, 25mph. Worked fine but I usually use it at 30kph or lower.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
BTW, I finally tried the "head unit" programming mode, hahaha, it seems a little hacky, but it works!

So the module has a USB port, and there's an Win or Mac app to program it, but you can also bring up a programming interface on the climate control :D Basically the climate temp displays are the function and setting value, and you use short/long presses of the convertible top switch to cycle and select.

I actually changed mine to start in S+ mode (which also of course, means Sport exhaust mode which I always switch over to), very cool, I think someone pointed out this doesn't work with remote start, but that's actually awesome, since that's usually something I do in the morning, so I'd prefer it to default to my quiet mode time settings (I haven't cross checked if this is working as expected yet).

jimbabwe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Convertible
Just installed my module the other day and LOVE it! My only regret is not doing it sooner

Sponsored

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
I installed it right in the first week of buying my pony earlier this year after reading reviews from the forum members here and loving it. If anyone with the vert hasn't done it yet they are missing out on a great piece of mod that brings so much fun and joy to use this one-touch feature while just taking-off out of the parking or slowing down to park etc. Yes the features can be programmed via climate control screen once you get the hang of it. Also I could turn it off/on from the climate control screen when I took it for my first servicing in case the dealer whinges about any warranty shit etc.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Dammit, you all got your hooks in me. Just installed mine...weather is shit, so can't really enjoy it, but I think I will like it!

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I'm in the process of installing the Audi A4 wind screen right now. But that should save me enough over the LTR screen to afford on of these before spring.
Really looking forward to getting one!
Sponsored