2017 convertible with smartTOP module

rcengr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue EB Convertible, 2023 Colorado Z71
I left the USB cable installed, but that is more for an update if one becomes available. It's easier to reprogram through the climate control screen. I printed a copy of the instructions, laminated them, and keep them in the console, mostly so I can turn it off if I leave the car for service.
Sponsored

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
I've been using this module for close to two months. Highly recommend it! The car always starts in S+ unless I use the remote start and then the one touch operation and being able to do it while the car is moved is great! I had a salesman at a dealer ask me how I was able to put the top down while the car was moving.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Just installed today. Pretty damn cool.
Didn’t even have to remove the bench. The plug is right there under the speaker

Still hate the damn handle. Wish someone could make some kind of motor to replace the handle and just drop everything with a push of the fob

Last edited:

Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible / Velocity Blue / A10
Just installed in my car.
When I put the module in Function 4 it malfunctions. I have been trying to get it to remember the previous drive mode, but the mode settings just keep cycling continuously on the dashboard. Once it started cycling through the drive modes, it would not allow me to disable the drive mode function, or disable the unit completely, as it kept cycling through the drive modes. The unit became completely non-functional, and I had to disconnect it. I then updated the firmware, reinstalled it, and had the same results. I disconnected it an reinstalled it again, this time only changing Functions 1-3, and leaving Function 4 at 0. The auto-down function on the top is now working correctly, and the top can now be let down while the car is in motion. The only function that is currently not working correctly is the drive mode function ( Function 4). My hope is to get it to remember “My Mode,” which is the mode I always drive in, and is the mode the car is always in when I turn it off.
Anyone have a similar experience? I put in a service ticket with the company, so I'll update with a their response when I get it.

Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible / Velocity Blue / A10
I got a reply for the service ticket: "sorry to hear about this. The "My Mode" is not supported by the car, as it does not transmit any signal when that is activated, so the module can not switch to that. It can only return to the other modes like Sport, Track, Snow etc." They were impressively quick to reply.

I'm very happy with the SmartTOP, the auto down function alone is worth the price of admission. I'm sure Ford had some safety / legal / liability reason for forcing you to hold the button the whole time the top goes up or down, but the car really should have come like this from the factory.

Sponsored

JayHij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 2.3L Turbo Premium Mustang Convertible (almost FBO and FP Tune)
hmm I have been wanting to do this..... maybe its time

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
I appreciate mine every time I drive!

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Looking to buy this and coupon code expired. Anyone know who to contact to try to get it extended?

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
(Sold) I am selling my car and can sell you mine if you want.

Last edited:

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got a reply back from the vendor that the coupon code is extended until the end of the month.

OP
OP
trojannemo

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Guy seems to be nice. He keeps extending it when requested. I love my module and haven't had a single problem with it.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the module Sunday, got it yesterday and installed it. Works great and worth the money.