2017/2018 Mach 1 Mustang Mule?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well they were asking other people for information about the actual dates of the config tool so they very well could have asked about that. It could be that there's merit to the rumors or it could just be because they wanted to keep me interested.

I really want an S550 after seeing what they did to the interior and would definitely get a 2017, but I don't want to get a 2017 GT, find out a Mach 1 is releasing the next year or later that year and then just HAVE to throw away a few thousand to buy another one. Kidding of course, but I'd honestly be so upset if I bought a 2017 and could've gotten a Mach 1.
Yeah, this is why although I'd currently be happy upgrading to a 16 GT and getting a killer deal, I'd kick myself if I could have just waited another year and gotten a perfect (to me) Mustang. That's why I'm waiting to see what MY2018 brings.

Also, the SpyPhotographer responded to me and when I asked him if he had anymore info on the Mach 1 all he said is "Still trying to get video on it... Stay tuned." So in his mind, it seems like the Mach 1 is a foregone conclusion. If they're currently driving around prototypes my guess is that it'll be a MY2018 car launched next year alongside the refresh. Until he posts a video it's hard to say whether what he's seeing is just the updated S550 or actually the Mach 1. Keeping my fingers crossed that the car in his video sounds Voodoo powered.
Sponsored

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 in Torch Red w/ Auto
Yeah, this is why although I'd currently be happy upgrading to a 16 GT and getting a killer deal, I'd kick myself if I could have just waited another year and gotten a perfect (to me) Mustang. That's why I'm waiting to see what MY2018 brings.

Also, the SpyPhotographer responded to me and when I asked him if he had anymore info on the Mach 1 all he said is "Still trying to get video on it... Stay tuned." So in his mind, it seems like the Mach 1 is a foregone conclusion. If they're currently driving around prototypes my guess is that it'll be a MY2018 car launched next year alongside the refresh. Until he posts a video it's hard to say whether what he's seeing is just the updated S550 or actually the Mach 1. Keeping my fingers crossed that the car in his video sounds Voodoo powered.
Hopefully it's actually happening. My first car was this Mach 1 and I haven't done anything to it (bought it and it was already lowered/exhaust/new radio) but it's been amazing. I got it as an auto because I thought driving manual was this big impossible thing that took lots of practice but I was able to pick it up in 5-10 minutes and then refine it later. Really wanting to go 2017 just to get a manual and upgraded interior. If a Mach 1 drops in 2018 I'll work something out.

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)

Just took a look at SpyPhotographer's and was trying to see that tweet. I knew your profile info looked familiar! Thought there couldn't be too many Guard Ecoboost Manual's out there.

Actually came to this forum cause of your channel where you mentioned you troll the mustang6g forums. Kinda a weird coincidence. But hey!

Here's a link to the relevant part of the chat. I took a screenshot of only this part, as I was joking with a friend how the ford rep was toying with me because of that. This is really all I have. I blacked out the name of the rep for privacy or whatever.

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
I miss my 04 Torch Red Mach. If they release a new Mach I would love to get into one.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Sponsored

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Miss mine, too.
That's what's holding me back a bit from getting a 2017. I know I'd miss the shaker and the sound it makes when you really push it.

At the same time I want a stick shift and an amazing interior.

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Just keep the mach 1 and pick up a new 2017 like i did. Its nice having both :shrug:

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Just keep the mach 1 and pick up a new 2017 like i did. Its nice having both :shrug:
Don't I wish! I don't have a use for 2 cars right now and definitely don't have the room to store them. Tried having a second car temporarily to refine stick skills a bit but it wasn't really working out as we have a few cars already haha.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well the SpyPhotographer just tweeted this evening that part of his day was spent photographing something that will be seen tomorrow morning and then ended his tweet with "#Mustang". So we may be in for something exciting tomorrow...

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We finally got it on video and spotted a few new details such as large front splitter with support rods etc. Will have the pics and video posted in the AM.

Video is short and not the best quality but based on what you can hear, it sure sounds to be more aggressive than the standard S550.

Stay tuned.

Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
We finally got it on video and spotted a few new details such as large front splitter with support rods etc. Will have the pics and video posted in the AM.

Video is short and not the best quality but based on what you can hear, it sure sounds to be more aggressive than the standard S550.

Stay tuned.
Hell yes :D

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)

Stay tuned.

First pic from SpyPhotographer. Just the front splitter, but it's starting!

The image embedder wasn't playing nice with instagram so I just screencapped his post. Here's a direct link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEyQuqws21r