2017/2018 Mach 1 Mustang Mule?

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
thePill thinks that there is no Mach 1 this generation.
I hope you're wrong about this.
There is more of a possibility of a follow up to the 2004 Mustang GT-R Concept car. The R Package for the GT will hand down some of the GT350's equipment.

thePill had heard "Mach 1" was the name for a supercharged 5.0 Coyote. If anything, maybe "Mach 1" will be the GT's "Drag Pack" and offer a supercharger upgrade (as well as some other 1/4 mile stuff). A Mach 1 package wouldn't compete with their own GT500 due to the nature of the package. 1/4 mile focus... I'd even limit the front tires to a 245 for less resistance.
I always thought of the Mach 1 as more of a drag pack car. I know it wasn't necessarily, but it sure fit the bill in the looks department.
2017 Mustang GTR or MGTR
:ford:
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Anybody ever think this could be the new GT? Ford needs to do something in the mid model change to compete performance wise against the new SS.
Instead of touching the engine before a refresh (expensive), the GT should come with more distinct package for performance levels.

"A Steed for Every Need"

First, the Performance Package and the California Special (it's here).

Next next two feasible options are either a more track focused Track Package (answer the 1SS in general) and the R Package (GT350 based).

Essentially what this does is limits the amount of $$$ they need to spend to fight the SS (the only threat really). It also eliminates downtime on a hot selling product. That's bad it you intend on minor retooling in 2018 for a refresh. It also allows more GT350 R&D dollars absorbed by the GT customer via option. It also increases the average transaction rate/$$$ per Mustang sold.

A Track Pack and Mustang GTR would put intense pressure on the 1LE.

Next, without competing with the GT500, a Mach 1 Drag Pack should be offered in the GT. A supercharged 5.0 GT. A package to momentarily compete with a zl1 AND, allow those that want 650+hp and an auto a 1/4 mile car :)

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
One thought I had was that the SN95 car was a proper bow out for that body style and this may also hold true with the S550. Just my .02

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
One thought I had was that the SN95 car was a proper bow out for that body style and this may also hold true with the S550. Just my .02
Yeah, to me that seems likely too. Plus if it comes out for MY2019 then they'll hit the 50th anniversary for it which they like to do. I think 2018 will bring the GT500 (and maybe a Bullitt if I'm lucky), along with the refresh of course.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
wouldn't make any sense to roll out a GT500 in 2019 for 1 year before the new chassis in 2020.
Its coming in 2018. It may be a bit later in the MY, but it should be coming in later 17. Next June, they will go on order. Deliveries will start coming around fall. We'll be getting word here toward the end of the summer 2016. All just speculation...but it may unfold this way.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
That I do see the 1LE and ZL1 doing is pushing Ford to go all out with the Mach 1 and 1LE.
I don't think it pushes Ford to do anything ahead of whatever timetable and plans they have for future trim levels. The 1LE package and ZL1 trim level Camaros will not be volume sellers and, apparently, the performance gap between the 6thGen Camaro and Mustang is not translating to sales for GM.

To me, Ford IS controlling the market today and they are pushing GM to turn out the special packages/models one-after-another just to keep up interest in the 6thGen Camaro.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
50th Anniversary Bullitt possible? Just curious.

The future Mustang refresh will really be the great decider of how long I hang onto my 2016...

I really had high hopes for the Camaro, but the '16 Verts aren't even hardly out if out on the streets at all yet, plus i am not a big fan of how they look anyway. I have a feeling that I'll be a Mustang owner for the foreseeable future, and will have to endure the memes.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
wouldn't make any sense to roll out a GT500 in 2019 for 1 year before the new chassis in 2020.
Its coming in 2018. It may be a bit later in the MY, but it should be coming in later 17. Next June, they will go on order. Deliveries will start coming around fall. We'll be getting word here toward the end of the summer 2016. All just speculation...but it may unfold this way.
Well, as I recall, the S650 comes out for the 2021MY, and pretty much all past launches indicate that they won't give away everything all at once. If they update the Shelby and/or add a special edition, it isn't going to coincide with the '18MY introduction. It'll be a MY later and would still have two model years to run. It seems to me much more likely that Ford will use those as a send off for S550 and to keep it interesting, thus they show up at the end.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
50th Anniversary Bullitt possible? Just curious.
It's possible, but based off the slow sales of the last one and the fact we haven't heard anything about it yet makes some think it won't be coming. But Ford seems to be pretty stuck on hitting these 50th anniversary models even with stuff that nobody asked for like the Hertz car. The problem with a Bullitt is Ford needs Warner Brother's approval for everything, which may be an issue even if Ford wants to do it. Someone actually spoke to Dave Pericak late last year about a Bullitt and he acted like they had no plans to do one, and the person suggested an appearance package like the 50th anniversary package, which Dave was receptive to. So maybe we'll see something like that, who knows.

I personally still think they'll hit all the 50th anniversaries they can, some kind of Bullitt for 2018 along with a GT500, and Mach 1 for 2019 and 2020 before the new car arrives for MY2021.

Link to the Bullitt thread I referenced: http://www.imboc.com/forums/87-bullitthead-chat/328506-2018-bullitt.html

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I like the idea but at the same time I also hate the idea. I mostly just don't ever want to see another Mustang ever again that has a very vague copy of the American Racing wheels on it.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I like the idea but at the same time I also hate the idea. I mostly just don't ever want to see another Mustang ever again that has a very vague copy of the American Racing wheels on it.
The current 18" Foundry wheels are already close enough to Bullitt wheels to me. So for an appearance package they can basically just do an existing parts bin raid for everything. All they need to do is include those wheels, a blank grill, faux gas cap and highland green paint and honestly that would be enough for me to buy one. Stuff like the 50th louvered quarter windows, retro gauges and interior trim, unique suspension, exhaust and/or hp bump would all be welcome as well but make for more work on Ford's part.

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 in Torch Red w/ Auto
So I was chatting with a Ford Rep online (through their built in chat on their site) to ask when the 2017 config tool would release and if Grabber Blue would be available. They confirmed the tool was scheduled for Late April 2016 and that they will release the tool about a month before the car comes, which I was told is around June. Stupidly, I forgot to have a transcript emailed.

I did thank them for helping and mentioned how I'd love to get a new mustang, but I'd feel a bit sad getting rid of my current Mach 1. I asked "I don't suppose the 2017 mach 1 rumors are true at all? I know with every car almost they talk about how 'next year they're totally releasing a refresh' and that i'd love to get one but I doubt it's happening."

All they had to say about that was "You never know ;)"

With that said, is there any additional info on that mule, the SpyPhotographer tweet (didn't see anything) or whatever? Ideally I'm after a 2017 GT Premium but if they were to release a mach 1 I'd just have to get it.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So I was chatting with a Ford Rep online (through their built in chat on their site) to ask when the 2017 config tool would release and if Grabber Blue would be available. They confirmed the tool was scheduled for Late April 2016 and that they will release the tool about a month before the car comes, which I was told is around June. Stupidly, I forgot to have a transcript emailed.

I did thank them for helping and mentioned how I'd love to get a new mustang, but I'd feel a bit sad getting rid of my current Mach 1. I asked "I don't suppose the 2017 mach 1 rumors are true at all? I know with every car almost they talk about how 'next year they're totally releasing a refresh' and that i'd love to get one but I doubt it's happening."

All they had to say about that was "You never know ;)"

With that said, is there any additional info on that mule, the SpyPhotographer tweet (didn't see anything) or whatever? Ideally I'm after a 2017 GT Premium but if they were to release a mach 1 I'd just have to get it.
Hmmm interesting. I doubt someone in that position would know anything about future product plans honestly, but then again why would they say that? Makes me wanna go on there and ask about a Bullitt too lol. I just tweeted at that SpyPhotographer guy to see if he has anything else to say about his Mach 1 tweet.

jman3350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 in Torch Red w/ Auto
Hmmm interesting. I doubt someone in that position would know anything about future product plans honestly, but then again why would they say that? Makes me wanna go on there and ask about a Bullitt too lol. I just tweeted at that SpyPhotographer guy to see if he has anything else to say about his Mach 1 tweet.
Well they were asking other people for information about the actual dates of the config tool so they very well could have asked about that. It could be that there's merit to the rumors or it could just be because they wanted to keep me interested.

I really want an S550 after seeing what they did to the interior and would definitely get a 2017, but I don't want to get a 2017 GT, find out a Mach 1 is releasing the next year or later that year and then just HAVE to throw away a few thousand to buy another one. Kidding of course, but I'd honestly be so upset if I bought a 2017 and could've gotten a Mach 1.
Sponsored