DRIVEN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
i def want all seasons
Your going to drive in winter !! Lol do you guys get snow often down there ? Do they use salt or brine on roads ?
I dont drive mine in winter. I run 305/35/19 front , 315/35/19 rear Michelin PS4s.
It's the street tire to own IMO
Sponsored

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Your going to drive in winter !! Lol do you guys get snow often down there ? Do they use salt or brine on roads ?
I dont drive mine in winter. I run 305/35/19 front , 315/35/19 rear Michelin PS4s.
What he said!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Michelin doesn't make a 315/35/19 tire.

To the OP, just run the OEM sizes with the Mich PSS. I actually like the PSS better than the PS4S when it comes to feel. The sidewall is stiffer and offes better feel. The PS4S has better wet weather and cold weather characteristics. Also, when they age better than the PSS.

DRIVEN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
You are right they are 30's

i def want all seasons

To the OP, just run the OEM sizes with the Mich PSS. I actually like the PSS better than the PS4S when it comes to feel. The sidewall is stiffer and offes better feel. The PS4S has better wet weather and cold weather characteristics. Also, when they age better than the PSS.

Your right they are 30's my bad

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
In my own experience, all seasons for a car like this aren’t for driving in inclement weather, or when the streets are covered in salt…they’re for extending the “season” that you can enjoy the car. Here in NY, if you want to drive the car in the late Fall, early Spring, or on the occasional sunny winter day when the roads are clean/clear, they're essential. Not only dangerous to run summer rubber sub 50/40, but it also damages the tire, as we all know…and I want to enjoy my 350 for much more than 6 months! We had several sunny, clear winter days this year where we had no snow for a while and plenty of rain, so the roads were clear, but temps wouldn’t support summer rubber…so I’m all for an awesome set of high performance all season rubber. Have them on my M2 and a top notch set is more than capable enough for spirited street driving

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Saw someone recommend the Nitto G2. Don't buy that tire. The Ling Long Crosswind All Season Ultra High Performance tire in 265/30R19 would probably be better haha.

Just know with buying an all season tire that you won't be able to get traction in first, will probably struggle in second, and will probably spin on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. So no off the light antics for you unfortunately. I would recommend getting a second set with some real performance tires so you can enjoy the power of the car when the day and temps permit, but that's me.

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
Saw someone recommend the Nitto G2. Don't buy that tire. The Ling Long Crosswind All Season Ultra High Performance tire in 265/30R19 would probably be better haha.

Just know with buying an all season tire that you won't be able to get traction in first, will probably struggle in second, and will probably spin on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. So no off the light antics for you unfortunately. I would recommend getting a second set with some real performance tires so you can enjoy the power of the car when the day and temps permit, but that's me.

It was me, for casual cruising the Nitto G2 should be adequate (I’ve never owned it, but have spoken to others).

I’ve owned PS4S, PSS, Indy 500s, and Sumitomo’s HTR Z5. Some are better than others while driving spiritedly. All are adequate for running errands and commuting on the freeway!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
It was me, for casual cruising the Nitto G2 should be adequate (I’ve never owned it, but have spoken to others).

I’ve owned PS4S, PSS, Indy 500s, and Sumitomo’s HTR Z5. Some are better than others while driving spiritedly. All are adequate for running errands and commuting on the freeway!
Physically driving on a straight dry road in good weather they work fine.

You try to drive spiritedly good luck, try to drive in the rain better be actively praying. They suck in the wet, suck in the dry, suck in the cold, suck in the heat. Honestly just awful tires for even light daily driving activities. You can easily out brake the tires with moderate breaking with the base 4 piston gt brakes. Only upside is they do last a decent amount of time for a "performance" tire.

I can seriously not discourage people enough from these. They spin in the wet worse than slicks, and when stock I felt like any time it rained I was going to die. My nt555r2 radials were probably just as good (probably not for standing water but wet roads).

Some people do say the tires are okay, but you can find enough reviews that describe these exact problems on this site to see I'm not alone. Maybe the compound degrades really bad before the tread is gone, maybe some batches are having issues, idk.

I believe that Nitto knows the tire is subpar. It does seem weird that I feel like lots of tire sellers push the G2. I did look at the Ford dealer cost vs retail cost on G2s and it is inline or less than other performance tires, so I don't think I can lay claim that Nitto is giving tire sellers more money to push these at least when it comes to direct profit from tire sales.

As you can tell, I hate these tires with a passion and honestly for not that good of a reason besides they suck and they get recommended to lots of mustang owners. Anyway rant over haha.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Ditto on Nittos being slippery and pirellis too in anything but perfect conditions. Michelins have not as great tread life but the slide is controlled when you start to lose it. That’s worth its weight in gold on these cars.

I had 235 series nitto G2s on my 68 for half a second before I took them off. This is a car with maybe 250 horsepower and it was Spin city in the morning until the temps got above 50-55. Here in Michigan every morning is below 50. No thanks. Sold them to a guy who was going to run them on a ranger in a burnout competition.

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Tech pack, 2022 F150 Tremor
My two cents: put the best possible tires on the car you can for the conditions, all-seasons for the bulk of the driving season is a pretty big compromise in a car with this caliber of performance. To me it'd be worth it to simply have a second set of wheels/tires that you can switch to to extend the driving season rather than have a constant compromise with tires that don't meet the performance specs for way the car was designed.
Sponsored