Dale m

Dale m

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 white with blue stripes.
If it’s good enough for Tony and his GT350R it’s good enough for me LOL.

Especially if you’re just cruising. I’m committed, for now, to summer options is as large as I can fit for handling reasons.

I am running a 285/35/19 up front on my GT to reduce rubbing. 20mm down on the rear would look slightly difference but couldn’t make a huge difference while just cruising (I would imagine). That’s under 1inch of width different from factory at 305.
ok cool i really appreciate the feed back . ive had several GT cars this is my first GT350.. i been chasing the right one for a couple years now finally found it and havent been happy with the way it rides. everyone ive talked to with one always goes back to its the tires so im exploring new options. thanks again.
Sponsored

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
ok cool i really appreciate the feed back . ive had several GT cars this is my first GT350.. i been chasing the right one for a couple years now finally found it and havent been happy with the way it rides. everyone ive talked to with one always goes back to its the tires so im exploring new options. thanks again.
No problem.

If you really get stuck and can’t make a decision the factory sized Michelin PSS was the factory option on the 16-17s for a reason.

If you aren’t pushing the car, $2,000 in tires for high performance summer compounds in niche sizes are just cash burned.

That cash burned pays in dividends if you are though.

I will be happily dishing the $1,700-$1,800 for a fresh set of PSS after I wear mine down.

I have some PP1 wheels that I might buy some AS tires for to use as well which is why the other conversation intrigues me.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
do you track your car. or just ride it do like what im wanting to do and enjoy riding it around.
I don't track my cars anymore. I just joyride, but I do it all year round as long as it's not snowing. That's why I run all seasons. The PS4S that everyone likes are no good below 40° and sketchy under 50° from my experience.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
If you're in a part of Virginia that gets cold, and you only want 1 set of tires, you'll need all seasons for year round driving. It's just the way it is. If you have extra wheels and $$, have it some PS4S or SS in the OEM sizes, and enjoy some summer tires too.

Sponsored

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
I went with MPSS 305 square in my 2017 GT350, original non-R wheels, and have been very pleased. What little tramling there was with the factory 295/305 is completely gone with the square setup.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Isn’t it?!

Me and every single GT350 owner probably desires it but Michelin won’t make it.
A lot of 350 owners bumped up to 20" wheels for a more diverse fitment.

I just took a spin in the R. It's probably the way I drive, but they don't spin. Certainly not under hard acceleration. I'm in Northern NJ so not many opportunities to go nuts. But they do really grab.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I ran a set of Nitto on my 2020 GT350. They were awful. Sold them immediately. They didn't tramline but they didn't grip either. I would never recommend them. I've heard some say they're OK. Maybe I had a bad set. 🫤
No you didn’t have a bad set. The G2’s are absolute garbage. I had a set also a couple years ago and got rid of them after about 1,500 miles.

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
A lot of 350 owners bumped up to 20" wheels for a more diverse fitment.

I just took a spin in the R. It's probably the way I drive, but they don't spin. Certainly not under hard acceleration. I'm in Northern NJ so not many opportunities to go nuts. But they do really grab.

Awesome, I’ll take a look at them.

Sponsored

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
No you didn’t have a bad set. The G2’s are absolute garbage. I had a set also a couple years ago and got rid of them after about 1,500 miles.
Glad I didn’t go that route.

To play devil’s advocate here NT555s might work excellent in this case to maintain stock sizing, saving a few bucks, and being good for cruising.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Glad I didn’t go that route.

To play devil’s advocate here NT555s might work excellent in this case to maintain stock sizing, saving a few bucks, and being good for cruising.
They are one of the few that run 305/35/19 that’s for sure. Michelin Pilot Super Sport also runs on that size. They’re a little pricier than the Nitto but they’re a far better tire IMO.

Michelin PS4S and Continental Extreme Contact Sport02 are also excellent. They come in 295/35 if you want to run them on all 4 corners. I have the Extreme Contact Sport on my GT, fantastic tire. Does great in the dry and in the rain. Gotta take it easy when the temp is below 50F but I usually don’t put them on until the temp is consistently 50+ (just last week here in Chicago).

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Agree with Tony as well that there’s some good all season options out there too. Michelin and Conti are two of the best.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Run the OEM sizes with the OEM Mich PSS tires. Not to many manufacturers have a 305/35/19.

OP
OP
Dale m

Dale m

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 white with blue stripes.
If you're in a part of Virginia that gets cold, and you only want 1 set of tires, you'll need all seasons for year round driving. It's just the way it is. If you have extra wheels and $$, have it some PS4S or SS in the OEM sizes, and enjoy some summer tires too.
i def want all seasons
Sponsored