Sponsored

2016 Mustang Order Question

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
Hi All,
I have been looking at this site for a few months and finally joined.
I am as new as they come so please forgive me if there is info on this site that has already covered this.

I have truly wanted a good preforming Mustang all my life and might not be too far away from making that happen.

Seeing that Ford will begin taking orders for the 2016s tomorrow...

1. If one was to place an order in the next week.. about how long would delivery take? Would some time this year maybe happen?

2. How much money do you need to come up with at the time of signing papers? % wise?

3. Any recommendation for a dealer in the southeast?
I live in the Atlanta Ga area.

Thanks so much in advance
Marcus
Sponsored

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
Hi All,
I have been looking at this site for a few months and finally joined.
I am as new as they come so please forgive me if there is info on this site that has already covered this.

I have truly wanted a good preforming Mustang all my life and might not be too far away from making that happen.

Seeing that Ford will begin taking orders for the 2016s tomorrow...

1. If one was to place an order in the next week.. about how long would delivery take? Would some time this year maybe happen?

2. How much money do you need to come up with at the time of signing papers? % wise?

3. Any recommendation for a dealer in the southeast?
I live in the Atlanta Ga area.

Thanks so much in advance
Marcus
it will be delivered around October
expect to put down $500 t0 $1000 when u sign papers

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
it will be delivered around October
expect to put down $500 t0 $1000 when u sign papers
Most likely early Sept. The late October deliveries were do to first year model run and QC holds.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Production starts 8/3. Expect deliveries of 2016s to starts at the very end of august or early september.

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
2016 Customers orders date

Hi guys,
i am pretty sure this question was asked. But i was unable to find a dedicated thread. Admin, please delete if i have missed one that is already created.

Now to the topic:
I am new to this forum and this will be the first time ever i buy a car like that. Meaning: Customize, order, build, pay in full :D

And so i have read the WiKi etc, learned the process. But unsure about timelines.

It was from my understanding that once the "Order Guide" and "Order Banks" are open (May 11th for our case [2016]), we will be able to order.

But i am in constant contact with 3 dealerships in my area and none have any idea when we can actually make an order...

Anyone knows (from experience) when we "should" be able to order the new Mustang?

Sponsored

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I may be wrong but another thread stated that ordering banks for the 2015 have been extended until the 28th, so I would guess a week or a little more after that.

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
OK, mine got back to me and said:
I just heard back from my ford representative and he has confirmed that 2016 Mustangs wont go into production until August. Also not all the options will be available right away, some packages might be late availability.
So I am asking if I can still order now since I don't need the exotic packages, I just want to get in early on the queue.

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have been in contact with 4 different dealerships since 5/11/15. They all now know the order guide is out though they don't know anything in regards to when actual orders can take place. I followed up today with the info from Five Oh Brian in regards to using conceps versus WBDO. Two have followed up that they can not order yet. One anticipated 30 days the other said they would contact their ford rep and put me on a "wishlist" to notify me once ordering begins.

Hopefully the other 2 will follow up with some better information.

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You should be able to order a 2016 Vehicle today however it may sit in the order bank until Ford starts pulling and scheduling orders for the 2016 MY. This is a combination of priority code and a first come first serve basis.

burntire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs
You might want to give a little more info than that. I am sure people are going to want specifics.
Dealer emailed me and said the bank was open and asked what specs I wanted. He gave me the 2016 pricing based on my specs. I then drove over and gave a deposit. System took the Order. Next step is to wait for scheduling.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Hurry up and then wait. I remember what I went through last year when I ordered my 2015 GT.

If you look at the time line in my signature, you'll see that even though you can place your orders now, nothing is going to happen for another 3.5 to 4 months. Then you'll get your VIN assigned... more waiting... Once the parts for your car are assigned (blend date) the process moves pretty quick.
Sponsored