Sponsored

2016 Factory Order Question - Sent Offsite???

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Long story; so here it goes. I posted this on another forum as well so I am sorry if you have seen this before but I am looking for any info.

Tuesday I checked the cotus website and saw my order status reverted back to in order processing when it was originally scheduled to be delivered to my dealer this weekend (5/8; view details in my signature). After I saw that I immediately reached out to my dealer and another forum. It was found that my cars status changed to "sent offsite" and the delivery eta changed to N/A. My dealer received an email from a Ford rep which really says nothing:

"Our Ford rep e-mailed me back late last night (5/3). He said there is no information on any "stop-ship" (indicating a problem). He speculated that "sent-offsite" could be for a quality inspection or that it was sent offsite to await shipment."

Hopefully someone can assist me and update me through this process because I have no idea where my car went and what offsite really means. Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

mrblanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
If you are REALLY unlikely, it may have drawn the random lottery number for crash testing. Seems extremely unlikely this late in the model year, though.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Is it a CS or did you order stripes? If so that is the issue. It will then be railed to Markham and trucked to your dealer.

The CS stripes held my car up for three weeks.

OP
OP
RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Is it a CS or did you order stripes? If so that is the issue. It will then be railed to Markham and trucked to your dealer.

The CS stripes held my car up for three weeks.
its a gt premium conv't with the 401a package and the over the top racing stripes

Last edited:

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Just like GT/CS stripes, O-T-T Stripes are installed off site and will delay shipment typically by a week or so.

Doug

Sponsored

OP
OP
RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Just like GT/CS stripes, O-T-T Stripes are installed off site and will delay shipment typically by a week or so.

Doug
thats great news but how come no one at ford seems to know that; very strange; it went off site monday so hopefully its back after this weekend!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
thats great news but how come no one at ford seems to know that; very strange; it went off site monday so hopefully its back after this weekend!
according to my dealer the car has no other updates since sent offsite :frusty::frusty::frusty:

the worst part about this is someone from another board; their car was built the same day as mine and he received his over the weekend :eyebulge:

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I just came back from my dealer as well, cause I went there to ask them about this, they also never seen this, but the first thing they asked was about the stripes, I told them that you did, and they said thats probably it, but they also confirmed my other 4 things I mentioned in the other forum and also on another post I asked:

Based on my digging about the "offsite" status, apparently this occurs for a few reasons:

1) If you are getting stripes put on, the car is sent out for stripes and not done at the plant.
2) Certain cars at random are taken off the production line for Quality Control checks.
3) Cars are checked and sent out for cleaning before delivery.
4) It didnt pass quality control, this could be due to: Faulty part or flaw, Part of the body isnt aligned properly, Tech or Bot broke something during affixing the part during production and was sent to another location to fix the error and to recheck quality.

Here's hoping for #1!

OP
OP
RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
i am also hoping for #1; i didnt think that ott racing stripes would delay it since i think they are just painted on (could be wrong) and not actual tape striping like the CS has on the hood and such

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Ford has used decal based stripes since the late 60's. Maybe a few specials have been done in paint since, but nothing that I'm aware of.

Doug

Sponsored
OP
OP
RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Ford has used decal based stripes since the late 60's. Maybe a few specials have been done in paint since, but nothing that I'm aware of.

Doug
thank you for corrected me; fordservice just told me its offsite for add-ons so the stripes is starting to make more and more sense :clap2::amen:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
The original date for my GT/CS was May 9th. A few days later it was changed to May 26th. You wouldn't think a striping package would take 2-3 weeks:shrug:. But I guess it does....:tsk:

OP
OP
RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
The original date for my GT/CS was May 9th. A few days later it was changed to May 26th. You wouldn't think a striping package would take 2-3 weeks:shrug:. But I guess it does....:tsk:
we are in the same boat but yours moved a lot faster than most....been 2 months for me

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Glad we got to the bottom of it, And who pointed you in the right direction from the get go? :p :D

OP
OP
RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Glad we got to the bottom of it, And who pointed you in the right direction from the get go? :p :D
now the game is when will my car return from being offsite...hopefully soon
Sponsored