Sponsored

2016 Mustang Order Guide

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I personally would select any interior color rather then boring Ebony Black which shows lint and dust constantly! Did I mention Dog Hair?:cheers:
Yea the way they use ebony is extremely boring, it's the main reason I went with redline... glad I did because it's amazing lol. They need some contrast with the ebony.
Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
I`m personally going to wait for SYNC (4). I`ve has 3 recent new Ford vehicles and have yet to touch or be touched by my MFT. Needless to say I`m in crisis mode.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea the way they use ebony is extremely boring, it's the main reason I went with redline... glad I did because it's amazing lol. They need some contrast with the ebony.
Why Ford continues the availability of Stone or what they now call "Ceramic " Cloth Interior in EB Coupes but make Ebony Black the only color in the Base V6 Coupes and Convertible is puzzling? Black fabric less expensive then the lighter Ceramic?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The 6R80 is a rebadged ZF piece, and ZF automatics (their new 9AT aside) are pretty good about being willing to play. I think it's more an issue with software (and what management says) than anything else.
The 6R80 is plenty willing to play, in the Sport, Sport+ and Track modes. It does get pretty relaxed in plain old Drive. Nothing wrong with the AT for performance, especially in a straight line. Having a dead-reliable transmission is a plus, for me, anyway.

Guys that just dismiss the 6R80 are a little biased. That's not real. If you want a GT with an AT, order it. If you want a little tighter suspension, do what a LOT of PP owners are doing anyway and upgrade to the FRPP, Steeda or CJPP springs and suspension braces. Throw on a larger set of wheels with summer tires, and the only thing you are really missing, other than some bracing which you can add if you like, is the Brembo package. That said, the four-piston brakes were the GT 500 brakes through 2010, so they are hardly trash.

There is, in fact, another side to the story. The MT boys don't want to admit it, and the MT is fine for those who want to shift, but I do get tired of the negative one-upmanship.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old 5 Oh; I agree completely. There is a time and place to enjoy driving a performance Vehicle with a MT and rowing your gears yourself. The opportunity to enjoy this "thrill" is limited for most of us who use our Mustangs as a Daily Driver where a majority of time is spent in stop & go Urban driving or stuck in a traffic jam on the Interstate. Enjoy your MT while you can because even Ferrari for MY `16 has dropped the MT for the U.S. market. Those that insist on their constant one-upsmanship of MT are of the same mentality of back in the `60`s and `70`s when the expression went, "Its where its at", meaning its where (they) happen to be at!

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The opportunity to enjoy this "thrill" is limited for most of us who use our Mustangs as a Daily Driver where a majority of time is spent in stop & go Urban driving or stuck in a traffic jam on the Interstate.
My left leg is still larger than my right leg, from 250,000 miles of clutch calisthenics in Fox manuals over the years. I love MTs, when they are fun. But as you say there are many times and places when they are a PITA. Ever driven an MT in San Francisco? There's a joy I'd be happy to miss for the rest of my life. I very hesitantly ordered the AT this time, fearing it would be the second coming of the AOD. It's not. It's really very good. Just like MFT is a lot better than its worst press clippings. Really quite happy with the smooth, relaxed performance this car delivers. Very Aston Martin-ish.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My left leg is still larger than my right leg, from 250,000 miles of clutch calisthenics in Fox manuals over the years. I love MTs, when they are fun. But as you say there are many times and places when they are a PITA. Ever driven an MT in San Francisco? There's a joy I'd be happy to miss for the rest of my life. I very hesitantly ordered the AT this time, fearing it would be the second coming of the AOD. It's not. It's really very good. Just like MFT is a lot better than its worst press clippings. Really quite happy with the smooth, relaxed performance this car delivers. Very Aston Martin-ish.
Have driven many high end New Vehicles to and from Manheim Auto Auctions in both AT and MT. BMW`s, Audi`s, Jag`s, Ferrari`s, Lamborg`s, and Aston Martins. The S550 gives lots of performance, style, fun, handling at a (fraction) of their price both in its purchase and maintenance. No mountains or hills to worry about here in flat Florida but negotiation the steep grades on the streets of SF would be very challenging and tiring for most. Juggling between accelerator, clutch, brake, (and) Emergency Brake would not be a lot of fun. Clutch replacements would seem to be more frequent then Brake Pads!

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Not yet, but don't expect them to change at all.
You're most likely right. I just find it funny that it's taken this long to release any info about the power and MPG ratings of the '16 despite them taking orders.
Maybe it's going to be ever so lightly changed?

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
You're most likely right. I just find it funny that it's taken this long to release any info about the power and MPG ratings of the '16 despite them taking orders.
Maybe it's going to be ever so lightly changed?
No change this year, maybe in 2017.

Sponsored

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
With no change in Engine, Transmission or Axle ratio`s, how much change could one expect in either performance or fuel economy?
Doubt there is any change performance wise. Just the little cosmetic changes and option changes.

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Doubt there is any change performance wise. Just the little cosmetic changes and option changes.
I'm betting you're absolutely right.
But, is anything confirmed? I wonder why they're holding back on the numbers. Nobody knows anything for sure, correct? Maybe there's some last minute tweaking to compete with the new Camaro?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm betting you're absolutely right.
But, is anything confirmed? I wonder why they're holding back on the numbers. Nobody knows anything for sure, correct? Maybe there's some last minute tweaking to compete with the new Camaro?
What can you "tweak" at the last minute when your dealing with the identical Engine, Transmission, and Axle ratio? It is what it is!

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
What can you "tweak" at the last minute when your dealing with the identical Engine, Transmission, and Axle ratio? It is what it is!
Just wishful thinking to have some kind of surprise. :ford:
Sponsored